Notices

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 21

Old 03-23-2007, 11:05 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

thank you so much I have never liked anything hobbies, etc my h either, it all centered on drinking. I guess i will have to learn, and yes he should read what he preaches. He says I have put him throught o much in the last 6 yrs we have been married 13. But I have to realize it will take time, Patience not being one of my great qauilities!!!
Old 03-23-2007, 11:06 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

jules also me counting hiding im stil scared i migth find empty bottles i forgot or worse h will find them and think its me again UGGGGG!
Old 03-23-2007, 11:07 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

h4-you have been given some fantastic advice from some fantastic mommies above

My town is hoppin today, we live in a township, and the HS here is playing in Columbus today for the state title in basketball, it is really exciting because the city here is known for there basketball team, but not this township HS(Glenoak). My DH graduated from Glenoak and so did my Dad, everyone is heading to Columbus today, I am hoping they win and we can go tomorrow for the final game. They have a guy, Kastas Kufus, he is going to go pro. I really enjoy sports, just not to my hubbies level!!!
Old 03-23-2007, 11:26 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hi ya'all! I'm Lori Anne and ayla had told me to check you guys out. I'm a single mom of two. 11 and 4 (5 in a little over a week) and I have been sober for 12 days.

I drank to deal with the stress of two kids, 1 with a major attitude problem! Yes the oldest is a boy! A divorce, finances, blah, blah, blah, Blahhhhhh!

Enough of that, I am back on track and being all mom again. Would like to get to know you guys and all that fun stuff!

I am in Minnie soooo tah! The weather is nice now. Hopefully it won't snow in May

Here ya go...........................................
Old 03-23-2007, 11:35 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

welcome.....glad your here....
Old 03-23-2007, 11:52 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

where is everybody....come out come out wherever you are....no one home...watching the tyra show...about Miss USA and her bout in rehab....

lets get her to get all of us on there...talk about our addictions and such...

some of us can cover the AA aspect of recovery...I am not a 12 stepper but can cover natural recovery....we can talk about what works for us...and SR..of course...
Old 03-23-2007, 12:03 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Hi Beezy...I'm back and I am soooo bored! It's pouring rain outside so I have no motivation do go anywhere...

I just made a ton of taco meat...four kids here later on tonight (my girls and their beau's) so they can just eat til their little hearts are content!

Hubby made it safely to St. Louis...let me see that was phone call number 4! Maybe this weekend will be a huge stepping stone in getting some of that trust back!

Last edited by RubyT; 03-23-2007 at 12:04 PM. Reason: can't type worth a darn
Old 03-23-2007, 12:04 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Smyle what do u mean natural recovery??
Old 03-23-2007, 12:15 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I am glad he got to STL....

oh...I read a book called Coming Clean and it talks about it...It has been working for me.

I read alot of books about addiction...
Old 03-23-2007, 12:15 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

h4, I am not a 12 stepper either I prefer to work things out within myself so far so good, I have read some stuff that helps, thi place has saves me more than once... I am just not into meetings.... let me rephrase... having to go to meetings of any kind is enought to make me pick up.... thats my deal...can't say anything either way about AA it wouldn't be fair.

Welcome Peterson... you found us ... stick around...
Old 03-23-2007, 12:48 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

hey, lori anne....i'm glad you found us...you won't regret it.......you will get so much support and friendship from the lovely women here.....

h4........so your hubby is the minister....hmm....got me stumped there.........he should be more forgiving.......but we need to look at their side.........go read some of the posts in friends and family sometime.....you will understand that they are going through as much confusion if not more......and it is really hard for them to trust that we are clean for good.....i mean we did some damage, and it takes time to repair it......i know it hurts, but keep in mind that he is hurting, too, and maybe afraid to open up and lose you to your addiction again, you know?
Old 03-23-2007, 12:48 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

I went to half of 1 aa meeting, but I go to 3-5 religous meetings every week. And if I am not drinking I may get more from that. And I have the support of my alcoholic mother (weird???) So with my belifs youguys and most importantly ME!! I will move forward.
NYC I am going to New York in Oct never been California Desert rat born and raised, I can't wait!!!!! Never had a sober vacation kind of scary to think about
Old 03-23-2007, 12:50 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Ayla your right heck I am scared I'll lose to my addiction again!!!
Old 03-23-2007, 12:55 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

me, too...but we can make it together......and if we slip, well, we're still here, and we support each other through that too....that's the greatest thing about the mamas here, my friends, is that we can be totally honest with other and know that we will be loved no matter what.......
Old 03-23-2007, 01:09 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

h4, have fun in the city, I live in south Jersey now, but if i had my choice I woudl probaly go back... I hate the small town BS. My first sober vaca was tough... loved to drink before getting on the plane... you get over it and soon you are realizing vacation can happen without a buzz...

Having taken a cruise yet though a bit unsure yet... booze and cruise always went so well together.... we help you through it..
Old 03-23-2007, 01:11 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Off to gymnastics with 11 yo, theyt go on oppisit days is sucks... then we are going to try the new chinese buffet... ugh to much food... I hope it's nice tomorrow I want to start running...
Old 03-23-2007, 01:11 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hi, Lori Anne! Glad you're here

(((h4)))--I feel for you! It may be hard to see now, but there really is lots to look forward to. At first, the main thing I loved about sobriety was feeling GUILT FREE. For me, that is the best part of it all. It's great not worrying about getting to the liquor store, sneaking a drink when hubby's in the shower, refilling an empty wine bottle with cranberry juice so nobody will notice I've finished off the whole thing, etc. Oh, and it's wonderful waking up in the morning without that groggy, headachey, blech feeling from drinking yourself to sleep! That's the stuff I focused on when I first quit drinking.
I wish I knew what to say about your husband...that's a tough one.

I'm so grateful for the women here.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:38 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

wow jane I thought all that stuff was just me my husband is still keeps smelling the whiskey to make sure its not apple juice, somtimes he walks in and i jump like i have to hide something then i remember theres nothing to hide(I have to figure out these smilies I would put one there) When I look back on all the crazy stuff I did trying to hide it seems so ridiculous. I wish there was not so much alchohol in the house though sometimes like tonight I just don't want to see it!!!
Old 03-23-2007, 01:43 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

yo yo mommas! check it out. "mom" your ride.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEFE3B0Rje0

too funny! this helps me feel a little better about the state of our minivan. keep watching. the funny and most familiar part for me is when they start on the interior.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:46 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

I still get nervous when he goes to take my car instead of his then I remember it okay...

... the other night I wanted a soda... I do not drink much soda... there was nothing in the house but beer, ,booze and wine... almost caved in... went to the grocery store teh next day and stocked up on juice, soda and bottled water...whew close call