Notices

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 21

Old 03-23-2007, 09:46 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

get er ruby....
Old 03-23-2007, 09:48 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Ruby.... I still got the free drinks but never gambled.... Years ago my roomate and I had a motto "if it's free it's for me".
Old 03-23-2007, 09:49 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Good morning all took me an hr to catch up here at work. I am feeling a little down today seems like many of you are having the same probs with H as I am he just refuses to try to like me again and it's killing me. Also today is Friday drinking day always went home first thing and started, By the time I get home H will be on beer 3 or 4, I feel like I have nothing to look foward to ever again, thats horrible to say isn't it. He also is working nights started 3 months ago and thats when I stated drinking heavy again he has the chance to go back to days and refuses to go on days because he does not want to be with me. My heart is crumbling I cant win him back he won't let me try
Old 03-23-2007, 09:50 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

We got married in Vegas...they were even bringing me free drinks in the salon while I was getting my hair and nails done!
Old 03-23-2007, 09:51 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

i am going to work--just a few haircuts not to hard of a day..be back later!!!
and by the way i look like as if i am entering my second trimester..(i need a tummy tuck soooo bad i have jelly belly(now i am sad)
Old 03-23-2007, 09:56 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

h4, I am sorry that realy stinks, I wish I had some good advice...

On Friday I never made it home stopped at the bar and/or the liquor store.... Friday was usually the night I ended up passd out, I don't miss it... Maybe in time hubby will learn to trust you and see a new you.... I'll send prayers
Old 03-23-2007, 09:57 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

WILL YOU GUYS SLOW DOWN! GEESH!

Originally Posted by RubyT
Exercise?! Who said anything about exercise? I don't want no stinkin' exercise! I'll drink my coffee in my pajamas and watch the rest of you exercise! You'll be all nice and fit and I'll be...me!
AMEN SISTA!
Old 03-23-2007, 09:58 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

sorry about your h ---H4--- men can be so clueless and thoughtless sometimes...

I vow to raise my son to be the best man he can....
Old 03-23-2007, 09:59 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

H4, things with my husband did not get better over night. I consider myself very fortunate that he didn't kick me to the curb! But they ARE better. Far from perfect, but definitely better...it takes time. Just continue to work on being the best you can be!
Old 03-23-2007, 10:09 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

HEY LOOK, who's who? are they all the same kid?

Old 03-23-2007, 10:09 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

don't forget he has his own recovery to work on.....they lose so much trust for us.....it's hard to earn that back, but it can be done.........just keep trying.....have you talked to him about counselling? mike and i got it for free from our minister at the church we used to go to.....
Old 03-23-2007, 10:11 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

wow, misti...they do all look alike! i have pics of chase and aidan that even i can't tell apart.....sigh...they have been in storage in illinois for almost 2 years....i hope they aren't ruined.........
Old 03-23-2007, 10:13 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

lol, i know....i show jonathan a pic of himself and he's like JAKEY
Old 03-23-2007, 10:16 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

I show lucas a picture of his dad---My H ---- and he's like....when did I wear that shirt...or where is that toy i am holding...I have to tell him it's his dad...they look identical....
Old 03-23-2007, 10:19 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Alya heres the kicker he is the minister!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-23-2007, 10:29 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

yep...that is a tough one....
Old 03-23-2007, 10:36 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Has anyone else ever thought they had nothing to look forward to now??
Old 03-23-2007, 10:43 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

uh, i just bent over to get the baby out of his exersaucer and something freaky happened to my back. i really hurt it
Old 03-23-2007, 10:46 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

h4 do you mean nothing to look forward to because yo no longer drink... I would say that what was kept me from quiting all these years....

.... but i have found that everything I used to look forward to drinking I can still do and better clearer and with a deeper appreciation and interest... other than canning a few friends... which have unintentionally been replaced I still go and do all I use to go and do expect I drink water Red bull or club with a splash of cranberry and a lime.... In the beginning I thought it would suck but i have come to find out it is not so bad... and if my husband doesn't want to join in I can go and do what i want without the guilt of possibly getting drunk...

Are you saying your DH is a minister and he has that unforgiving attitude... shame on him he need to read the the words he preaches
Old 03-23-2007, 10:57 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

H4...I used to think that in early recovery I had nothing to look forward to.....that was only because I felt that there was no fun to be had unless I was drinking or taking pills. I would hear people in the meetings talk about thier "pink clouds" or getting "high" on life....and I seriously would want to just roll my eyes at them and say "get real!"

Then one day it came to me......for so long my life was centered around the getting of and using of pills alcohol. Counting bottles, hiding bottles, how was I going to sneak more in....it became this game and then it became a way of life....it filled every thought and every moment of my day so that there was nothing left for anyone or anything else.
As soon as I stopped dying on the inside and obsessing about my addiction and alcoholism and began living again......everything turned around.
I started getting excited about little things.....I would create my own fun....I began doing hobbies or going for a walk or getting together with sober friends.....but FIRST, I had to believe that life was WORTH living sober.....and that can only come from within.
I missed so many years of my sons life because of the obsession with my addiction and there is no getting that back.....there is only going forward with change and a new perspective.

I know it is not easy.....and there are days that I have to talk my self into it......but life is so much better sober....I like being able to laugh and cry, I like being able to remember what I had done the night before, I like coming in on a Monday morning and remembering my weekend....I like going to the movies with my son without sneaking a bottle in.......I like walking out the front door in the morning and smelling the fresh air and I like pulling my blinds UP and not down in order to hide in my bed......
You deserve to live life........we all deserve it!