Notices

I got some issues

Old 03-03-2007, 02:09 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Bittersweet

Originally Posted by UncleEarl View Post
(I kinda like the name 'Minnie')

This place is about YOU, it is not about coming here to help others.

It's great that you want to help others, but can a baby teach a grown athlete how to run? (not to suggest that you are a baby!....just an analogy).

You are allowed to be 20 years old here. You are allowed to admit that you don't have all the answers. I'm in my 40's and I promise that I have more questions than answers.
Earl
Hi earl.

(ye so do i)

This place is about helping support each other imo. I feel way too selfish if i cant help others, but as you said a baby cant teach a grown athlete run, lol. Thats why i felt like i was at the wrong place - again. I have that feeling alot. Where do i fit in?

Your words does comfort me, thank you for your support and kind words

/minnie
Old 03-03-2007, 02:24 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Bittersweet

Originally Posted by dubsnz1964 View Post
Earl is sooooooo right! You help us just by opening up.

I understand about the counsellors but now you are older they can't do that again. That silly counsellor was probably just doing things by the rule book. Maybe now you are a bit older you could try giving it another go??? Only if it would make you feel better though.

xx
That counsellor made up her own stories :P
And i guess it would be a bit silly if a counsellor called my parents now...
Still think i would have problems opening up. What do i say? :P
What would she/he want to hear? Bah i dunno, i will think about it :P
Old 03-03-2007, 02:26 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Missminime View Post
Hi earl.

(ye so do i)

This place is about helping support each other imo. I feel way too selfish if i cant help others, but as you said a baby cant teach a grown athlete run, lol. Thats why i felt like i was at the wrong place - again. I have that feeling alot. Where do i fit in?

Your words does comfort me, thank you for your support and kind words

/minnie
Sure, it IS about supporting each other. And sometimes it's incredibly helpful just to listen, as you already know.

Where do you fit in? LOL I don't think we have designated places. "I''l take the rocking chair!" Who the hell wants to fit in, anyway? Like all of us, you are exactly where you should be.

Glad I could offer some comfort...

Earl
Old 03-03-2007, 02:43 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Bittersweet

Sure, it IS about supporting each other. And sometimes it's incredibly helpful just to listen, as you already know.

Where do you fit in? LOL I don't think we have designated places. "I''l take the rocking chair!" Who the hell wants to fit in, anyway? Like all of us, you are exactly where you should be.

Glad I could offer some comfort...

Earl
Ye wtf, i need some place to fit in, lol. im 20 years old its all about fitting in. The right cloths, the right hair, the right friends etc etc.. To fit it!
Ok maybe its not so about fitting in, im not much for being like everyone else. But i need somewhere to be safe. dont know how much youve read of what i wrote but ive never had a place to feel safe. Home was never a safe place while i grew up.

Im not exactly where i should be, alot of things i need to change and take care of before i am where i should be.

/Minnie
Old 03-03-2007, 04:11 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Missminime View Post
Ye wtf, i need some place to fit in, lol. im 20 years old its all about fitting in. The right cloths, the right hair, the right friends etc etc.. To fit it!
Ok maybe its not so about fitting in, im not much for being like everyone else. But i need somewhere to be safe. dont know how much youve read of what i wrote but ive never had a place to feel safe. Home was never a safe place while i grew up.

Im not exactly where i should be, alot of things i need to change and take care of before i am where i should be.

/Minnie
You're safe here. You have already made close friends with others and there is no reason for that to stop.

Though I'm in my 40's, it wasn't THAT long ago that I was 20! *smrik* As I said above, I have somewhat of a history with dealing with people your age, particularly young women from troubled homes and with troubled pasts. I'm not a professional in that area, but much of my sordid past (and present) has been spent in situations which are far from ideal and would never be considered "normal" or "healthy".

There is a difference, by the way, between where you "should" be and where you "want" to be. We all make choices, even if some choices seem forced. And you have gained a huge amount of love and respect for making the choice to change. As you make those changes, you will still be where you should be....only in a better place I have a lot of admiration for your strength and bravery.

Earl
Old 03-03-2007, 04:17 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Getting out of my own way!

Just checking in to see how you are doing....Just remeber...One day at a Time!!
Old 03-03-2007, 07:29 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

minnie... its a lot about being teachable... in fact, its about remaining teachable...

when we/i think its licked, or compleatly understood... the big ut-oh... look out...

you say your so into yourself.. what a head start.. it takes some years just to see that...

as mentioned, learn to love yourself... of course you are worth it...

long winded posts... ppfftt, at least your reaching out... crying for help... not internalizing it... get it all out hun...

the more that comes out, the sooner one gets to know ones inner self...

then we can work on what needs to change...

that friend of your sounds like a civalian... doesnt have the twisted thinking like us...

clear and level headed... ouch! lol

you will be ok minnie... believe...

all good wishes, xxoo, rz
Old 03-03-2007, 08:30 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Just wanted to let you know you are never alone here.

Much love to you!
Old 03-03-2007, 08:50 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

There are so many sayings in the fellowship....but it really is true that "A problem shared, is a problem cut in half." Keep posting your heart out...it is part of the healing process.......you are in my prayers.

SRH
Old 03-05-2007, 11:16 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Bittersweet

Originally Posted by Rusty Zipper View Post
minnie... its a lot about being teachable... in fact, its about remaining teachable...

when we/i think its licked, or compleatly understood... the big ut-oh... look out...

you say your so into yourself.. what a head start.. it takes some years just to see that...

as mentioned, learn to love yourself... of course you are worth it...

long winded posts... ppfftt, at least your reaching out... crying for help... not internalizing it... get it all out hun...

the more that comes out, the sooner one gets to know ones inner self...

then we can work on what needs to change...

that friend of your sounds like a civalian... doesnt have the twisted thinking like us...

clear and level headed... ouch! lol

you will be ok minnie... believe...

all good wishes, xxoo, rz

Haha ye, clear minds - scary.
Thank you for your post and support It means alot.
I would love to think that ill be ok, but its hard.
I doubt it, alot.

Originally Posted by TryingisDying View Post
Just checking in to see how you are doing....Just remeber...One day at a Time!!
Hi thank you
Im a bit low today, really extremly tired even tho ive been sleeping.
One day at a time, its a struggle.

You're safe here. You have already made close friends with others and there is no reason for that to stop.

Though I'm in my 40's, it wasn't THAT long ago that I was 20! *smrik* As I said above, I have somewhat of a history with dealing with people your age, particularly young women from troubled homes and with troubled pasts. I'm not a professional in that area, but much of my sordid past (and present) has been spent in situations which are far from ideal and would never be considered "normal" or "healthy".

There is a difference, by the way, between where you "should" be and where you "want" to be. We all make choices, even if some choices seem forced. And you have gained a huge amount of love and respect for making the choice to change. As you make those changes, you will still be where you should be....only in a better place I have a lot of admiration for your strength and bravery.

Earl

Hi earl, your posts always makes me feel better.
I have so much to say but its all spinning around in my head today nothing i say makes much sense.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:18 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Bittersweet

Originally Posted by Surlyredhead View Post
There are so many sayings in the fellowship....but it really is true that "A problem shared, is a problem cut in half." Keep posting your heart out...it is part of the healing process.......you are in my prayers.

SRH
Thank you
Its a good saying, im trying to learn to live like that. Not everything have to be kept inside.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:29 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

no minime... not a thing has to be kept inside... as some may say.. were only as sick as our secrets...

love ya minime...

xxoo, bless... rz
Old 03-07-2007, 12:21 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Bittersweet

Originally Posted by By His Blood View Post
Minnie,

Hows it going? Keep talking to us we are totally here for you!!!
Hi again
Im trying to movie into the Alcholism-section and leave some space for the real newcomers. Ive been really low. People say life i short? I think its too long never thought i would live past 65 and if i get to 70 im so going to kill myself. Seeing im only 20 years old.. 65 seems far far FAR away. How can you live being this sad and.. low all the time. Im not sucidal im just,, everything feels hopeless. I used to be so much "happier".

Still sober, but damn ive been so close to failing this aswell.

Thanks by his blood. Thank you for careing.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:24 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Bittersweet

Originally Posted by Rusty Zipper View Post
were only as sick as our secrets...

love ya minime...

Lol thats bad :P
glad its just... Hidden truth and not secrets ^^

love you to rz, thanks for the comfort
hugs

minnie
Old 03-07-2007, 12:24 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Hi Minnie,

Sorry to hear you are feeling down today. What's up?

Dubs
Old 03-07-2007, 01:03 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Bittersweet

Hi dubs! Been some really difficult days. I posted in the Alcoholism section about it. Tho dont think i made much sense. I was so close of having a drink again after a phonecall to my mom. Im sad all the time now. Dubs i have no idea how to get through this, and i really dont think i like this new sober me It sucks.

So hows you? Doing ok?

hugs
Minnie.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:52 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Hope3

Missminime, you have accomplished so much so far.

This is what I see..

You admitted you needed help.

You are getting it.

You are helping yourself.

You are helping so many others, just by being here.

You are so young, and everything seems like forever

at your age, and peer pressure is and issues at your age are

a little tougher than when you are older, but yet, here you are toughing it out.

You say you don't know if you like the new sober you.

Give it time, believe it or not, you are not really sober yet.

Your brain still in it's stinking thinking stage....It will pass hon...

(((((((miss)))))))), hope3
Old 03-07-2007, 03:35 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Bittersweet

Originally Posted by hope3 View Post
Missminime, you have accomplished so much so far.

This is what I see..

You admitted you needed help.

You are getting it.

You are helping yourself.

You are helping so many others, just by being here.

You are so young, and everything seems like forever

at your age, and peer pressure is and issues at your age are

a little tougher than when you are older, but yet, here you are toughing it out.

You say you don't know if you like the new sober you.

Give it time, believe it or not, you are not really sober yet.

Your brain still in it's stinking thinking stage....It will pass hon...

(((((((miss)))))))), hope3

Ye i know im young, but 20 years feels like a loooong time im telling you (even tho im sure you know). Seeing i will be going through atleast three times what ive been through already... ouch. Not so tempting. I feel so old already,lol. My even younger friend (who i mentioned somewhere in this thread) usually jokes and says "As long as you have the body of a 20year old" when i tell him i feel like 50.Its nice to smile sometimes.

Well Im sorry if i sound negative but i guess it will pass aswell, i thought i was doing so good for a while there :P Somewhere between 20 and 50 sober days.

Thank you for your support Hope3
Old 03-07-2007, 04:34 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

hey miss, I wanted to check in on you. First of all you can stick around the newcomer forum for as long as you like. Some people consider it their "home" for a long, long time. Of course you can post in both forums in order to reach out to different groups of people.

Please don't worry that this is the way sober life feels long term. It's still so early in your process to even say that you don't like your sober YOU. It takes time to get the poison out of your body and for your brain to learn to regulate things normally again. If you still feel this down after a few months then talk to a doc about whether anti-depressants are right for you. You may find though that getting all this burried junk out to the surface, ridding your body of unneeded chemicals, and learning some new coping strategies is really the best medicine.

Don't worry about sounding negative. It takes time. I would bet that most of the people who post here sounding pretty level-headed came to SR sounding negative and whiny (unless they came here with sober time). Put a little faith in your future and don't give in because you don't think it's worth it. It is.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:51 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

c'est
I would bet that most of the people who post here sounding pretty level-headed came to SR sounding negative and whiny
were you in those first meetings i attended? ouch!

lord'y...

c'est..
It takes time to get the poison out of your body and for your brain to learn to regulate things normally again.
you know, i hear that clinicaly... it is 90 days... wunder if thats true?

sound familar...

miss, keep at it, and soon, someday, all will be well... or at the very least... way better...

root'n for ya...

xxoo, rz