Notices

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 7

Old 01-03-2007, 08:39 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

and the crock pot.....
I usually put some kinda beef roast in early in the morning(frozen or thawed)
after a few hours..I add 5 or 6 potatoes..quartered.
1 bag baby carrots...dont have to chop 'em
5 or 6 stalks of celery...cut in half or sliced
When veggies are tender..I usually slice a big onion and put on top and let it cook for 1 or 2 more hours.
salt and pepper of course
Sometimes I add some beef or vegetable broth(whatever is on hand)!

It has never failed to please everyone!(and it makes the whole house smell great!)I sometimes make cole slaw and serve with it but it is a meal all by it's self! Crock pot does all the work..I'll put a few other(crock pot)recipe's on here soon.

Love you all and am so grateful that I found you!
Old 01-03-2007, 08:43 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  

"misti - did your mom get your meds for the baby?"

...no, she dropped the rxs off at the pharmacy, but we will need to walk tomorrow to pick them up. the antibiotics i'm not so worried about, but he really needs the steroids. hopefully the rain will end and it will warm up enough to walk

"Are the other 3 staying failrly calm?"

...ROFLMAO (rolling on the floor laughing my ass off). my other three are NEVER calm unless they are sleeping. jonathan, especially, has started this really out of control screaming all the time, and has also started biting and hitting his
sisters. spankings and time outs have not worked...any suggestions? the more i tell him to settle down or be quiet as the baby is sleeping, or almost sleeping, the more he feels the need to talk or sing. i don't get it.

proud of you, tam, keep it up...how many days do you have now? you are doing so wonderfully, i hope you are proud of yourself!

have been wondering about ruby, too...it's so hard to remember everyone, has scoot posted lately? ( oh yeah, she's oot, right?) who else is mia, besides codi? igfan? mtn? c'est? sbrgrl? joanne?

"Misty... good work what the heck do you do anyway? How's the baby"

...heh, i actually work for a guy who gets contracts from other companies to set appts for whatever they do. currently, it's very simple, only hard to find qualified people. i simply call businesses, and talk to whoever answers the phone (although i have a trick
to this)...then my spiel is basically..."hi, this is misti from x company. i don't know if you are familiar with us, but we work with employees in the dudududu field down here...what we do is offer you guys about 30-40% off all your prescriptions, dental work and glasses.
we're not an insurance company, we're simply a discount card, like what you would use at the grocery store. anyway, all i wanted to do was see if someone from the office could call you back in a few days and give you a bit more info"...now, they almost always say yes, of course.
the problem is, i can't "set" anyone who currently has dental insurance, so that knocks out about 60% of the people i talk to. i have been setting them regardless, which will eventually get me into trouble
sometimes the work is harder...like trying to get a company to commit to a face to face appt with someone who wants to review their workman's comp policy (that one sucked). this one is easy, only i cheat, lol. i also get paid for an hour if i just work 34 minutes of that hour...that's good,
but it also makes it kind of hard...instead of getting a real break, i have 26 minutes out of each hour (actually about 15)to do everything in the house i need to do. if i work even 33 minutes, the whole hour is lost. that is one reason i haven't been making very much...i may actually work
so many hours per day, but if it's not in 34 minute increments, i lose. that's almost impossible...um, kids don't seem to schedule themselves like that, heh. very simple, but the demands he puts on me are higher than those on the people in the office. and btw, my phone is on grace again...he
better pay it this time

baby is soso. still a lot of wheezing and coughing, but that's it at the moment. he just now went to sleep...he'll get up again about 12. last nite, he threw up all over the bed at 2, then again at 430...here's hoping for no vomito tonite

"Just fell apart and blasted my kids who were doing nothing but having fun. I feel like a frenzied lunatic."

candy, welcome to my life, lol! again, i would love that kind of work, PLEASE if i can help you finish anything, or do any research for you, let me know. i would really enjoy it and maybe help you, too. since i am on the phone all day, i can surf the web or whatever at the same time.

"laughing, shouting, hollering, shrieking, louder and Louder and LOUDER."

oh, then you so understand what it is like here....this sounds mean, but i am grateful i am not the only one who goes insane over that kind of stuff.

good job, ayla, i knew you could do it! i am proud of you! sweetie, tonite i begged my mom, "please, mom, just for a little while..please. he just doesn't stop crying, i can't do it anymore". she said "we'll see". didn't you promise yourself you would never say those words to your own kids? do you?
i do, lol

curly, hope your kids feel better soon, too. remember IIIII am the queen of the poop/vomit castle, but you can always be my princess

"beezy, i'm glad i don't have to sleep with you...miss gassyassy...hehe...."

...ayla, that was friggin funny! i'll still sleep with ya, tho, beezy..as long as you don't mind drooling and morning breath

brynn, dumb dentist. i hope it gets better, damn, you've been in pain too long! and you know what? i really, really love you! have you picked a name for the boutique, btw?

sweet dreams to all of you, and those i missed...penguin, jane, liss, NYC, jules, brandi, 4, GAWD, i know i'm forgetting someone, don't hate me!
Old 01-03-2007, 08:47 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

"We all have so much in common. It feels like I can relate to what everyone says in one way or another. all so different but so much alike. as I read each post, my mind wanders back to those days..craving's, sick little ones,losing loved ones,feeling worthless,not enough money,hiding amount of alcohol and pills taken,working too many hours, anxiety, wrestling with the moon,regrets..oh the regrets,just wishing for another chance,just one more high to take all our problems, stress,worries away...just for a little while..for someone..anyone to understand that we are not bad people, we just made some bad choices. We and only we have walked in our shoes,but seems that we have walked on the same grounds and seen things through different eyes at different times.Life is so short..but that hour of cravings seems like forever. That dull headache never seems to go away.The messy house drives me crazy too but instead of fixing it..i come home and go to sleep hoping for a small break from the madness. Didn't I just have the house clean yesterday and felt like I was really making some progress!

I guess I'm describing all my feelings...one step forward and two steps back.

I realize that I am learning how to live again. I have to think differently, react differently. I don't even know if what I have written here even makes any sense to anyone..I'm just up and "spilling my guts"..the thoughts just come randomly and I'm just letting my fingers do the work. I hope that as i'm learning this new lifestyle that the few people that are still around me are here because they want to be and not because they have to be. But nobody's beating my door down to say "hello", but then again, it's a two way street. I have to find my new way in life and not look back.

I hope the very best for you all. Each and everyone of you are so special in your own way. I admire you, envy you (not in a mean way). Everyone just seems to have so much to offer. I've always been the odd man out! or woman!! I don't know if I'll even send this. I'm not going to re-read it before I decide. Just don't want you all to think I'm even more nuts than you already do! I've just been doing some soul searching today and really haven't been happy with what I've found so far......maybe it is the moon.[/QUOTE]"

brynn...your words are beautiful, and inspiring....you are a wonderful woman and i am very grateful for your friendship....i'm glad you sent this...no you are not nuts....you've really helped me tonight...i feel calm for the first time all day...remember that next time you want to vent your feelings...you might just be saying exactly what someone needed to hear....

love you
ayla
Old 01-03-2007, 08:48 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Ayla, so glad you made it...when I "gave in" after 29 days and my mind had tricked me to think that I could just take a few here and there..ha! within a week or so my addiction was twice as bad as the first time..and I had been warned in re hab that this usually happened. guess I had to see for myself...thought I was different..good thing I don't get paid to think anymore! Love ya, and congrats!
Old 01-03-2007, 08:55 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  

thanks, brynn...i WOULD have made that call if it weren't for you all...
Old 01-03-2007, 08:58 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

hey, btw, i did try to look up some acronyms for you, but there are tons of sites on them that get very into detail. here are two that are a bit simpler:

http://www.pulpchat.com/faq/faq215.php

and

http://www.jonhs.com/acronym_dictionary.htm

hope that helps
Old 01-03-2007, 08:59 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  

dammit, the thanks button disappeared again. thanks ayla, for your beautiful message
Old 01-03-2007, 09:01 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

thank you misti, and ayla, to both of you thank you thank you from the bottom of my heart. You guys don't know how good it feels to hear those three little words...i love you..I really love you...Happy tears here. I know I hear it from my kids and really know they mean it, it jsut feels good to feel like i'm worth something to someone else! I will be going to bed feeling better than when I woke up. No name for shop yet...still like "clothes encounters", so maybe when I have enough $ to start business acct., I'll have to choose one! Good Night. Hope we all get some sleep. sounds like we need it.love ya.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:09 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

brynn...i consider you and all my mommies here some of the best friends i've ever had...mom and i would talk often about what i would do in the event of her death...she was my only friend, you see....and she made me the promise that she would send me many friends, more than i could count...she told me they would be like her and would never judge me...accept and love me for who i am, and help me through her death...she promised to lift my 'walls' and help me to trust women again....

here at home i have 3 women i who came to me after she was gone...and of course, you all are more than i can count...

you are her gift to me...

thanks mama...i love you and miss you so much...(Nancy Jo M. ... may she rest in peace, and feel my love even now..)

say a prayer for her tonight...i believe she had a hand in bringing us together here...she was an alcoholic and she would want all of us to live the life she couldn't find the courage to live...until the last 2 years...which were 2 of the happiest years of her life...you are all like her...wonderful...
Old 01-03-2007, 09:29 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

good night, my friends...sleep tight...have sweet dreams...love to you all....
Old 01-03-2007, 10:40 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

saying a prayer for her, ayla, and all our missing mommies
off to bed, finally, of course right as baby wakes up, lol
pray for sleep for me, please
Old 01-03-2007, 10:54 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

prayes for you, too, misti....sleep, baby, sleep for your mama....
Old 01-04-2007, 04:07 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Good Morning all, I Promised myself I would get some work done todya so I'll be brief

Brynn...Thanks for the recipe I goning to get a roast this weekend and try the pot (I do mean the crock pot) . Don't be so hard on yourself you made a decision to turn your life around. I do think though you are right that you are the one that need to bring your home back to life. I think it will help you in your recovery when you do.

Misty... I can't imagine how you get anything done on the phone I' hade to lockmyelf in a closet or something.

Got to get to work, I am going to try and stay away today I am being counter productive.

Have a great sober day everyone.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:58 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

good morning

good morning mommies,

hope everyone has a GREAT day..

Misti i hope you can get baby meds - if it is raining do call a local church or something, they have a lot of people who drive older seniors and such for errands all the time- a lot of them are retirees who are alone and LOVE the chance to talk to someone so it might drive you crazy but they really love to do it. seriously my mom volunteers in a church office and they have a list of people they run errands for and people call in all the time - it gives them something to do.

hope the full moon is gone and we can all be sane again. i wish we could all meet for coffee somewhere... and yummy donuts.

love curly
Old 01-04-2007, 05:17 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

good morning...i want coffee and donuts...

of course, because i snoozed yesterday...i did not sleep a for a single minute...

but...i have no crazy cravings this morning...

i can't believe i didn't sleep AT ALL...this is the third time this has happend...arg...it really sucks...

so, i cried my eyes out this morning...because mike refused to stay home and help me....and now i feel cleaned out somehow...like i needed to cry....

so now i feel better....soooo sleepy, but good, if that makes any sense...(honestly, i can barely think...)

i need to thank you all again for all of your support yesterday...if my brain was functioning properly i would find the words to express just how grateful i am...

love you all...
ayla
Old 01-04-2007, 05:17 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

oh sh!t!!! it's day 40 for me!!!!
Old 01-04-2007, 05:27 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Good morning-

I'd like coffee and a bagle.

Boy, you guys had some deep, loving conversation last night. I'm glad you were all there for each other at that time.

Ayla, I'm sorry you didn't sleep. Don't sleep the day away because you're tired and have a repeat tonight.

Misti- Man I hope you get the meds soon and get him better. It sounds like J is looking for attention. The baby is sick a lot and probably seems like the first priority. Is there any way at all you could sit alone with just him and read a book or something? Maybe that would help?... I'm sure you feel like your head is just going to explode sometimes!

I thought Scoot was just going to be gone for a night- Where are you Scoot????

((((Brynn)))) I wish I could make yo feel better about yourself. You have to be really proud of yourself for what you are doing. You are making a difference. BTW- Re-read the letter. If you still agree with it, then send it. Otherwise you have this uncertainty hanging over your head.

Beezy- everytime I look at that pic of your daughter I smile- Her beautiful smile is contageous!

Hi, everyone else... I have something else to post then I have to do my morning reading (I have been so good about that!) before I go teach my old ladies water aerobics. They love me- I always feel so good after. Did I tell you my angle lady is my sponsor now? She comes to class. She is going to work my a$$, I know- but that's ok. She has been around a long time.

xoxoxoxoxo T
Old 01-04-2007, 05:33 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  

From the Big Book- on acceptance

And acceptance is the answer to ALL my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing, or situation - some fact of my life- unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing, or situation as being exactly the way it is suppose to be at this moment. Nothing, absolutely nothing, happens in God's world by mistake. Until I could accept my alcoholism, I could not stay sober; unless I accept life completely on life's terms, I cannot be happy. I need to concentrate not so much on what needs to be changed in the world as on what needs to be changed in me and my attitudes.

I read this every day now- sometimes twice. I found it extremely helpful!

Love you- Tammy
Old 01-04-2007, 06:33 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

where the he!! is ruby? scoot? alissa? sbrgrl? marypoppins? bungarra? i miss my girls...'bout to send out another search party...

c'est..i miss you!!! can't wait till you get back...
Old 01-04-2007, 06:36 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

that is actually my son...but Thank you...

Okay today I WILL go grocery shopping. It is raining..but I am pretty sure I will not melt.

I had to send my daughter off to school sad/upset.

I am not one for too many strict rules but i do insist they pick up their stuff before bed..and keep their rooms cleaned...well Madi had left all kinds of stuff out and the stuff she did manage to pick up she just left on her stairs(so i could trip) so i got out the tote and packed it up,
she was sad, it was alot of her new stuff but rules are rules.... I reminded her of the rule, asked her what happens at school when she does not pick up, so i think she got the point but i do not like sending her off feeling blue..I think I was more sad about it than her...

she will quickly earn her stuff back but still....being a mom can be so confusing.

you want to do the right things by your kids but you don't want to be the meanie bird all the time.

oh well...I am sure she is over it..now it is my turn to deal.

as for your son misty...I would just really keep being consistant...that has been the best part about being clean is I can do that so much better now...even if it gives me internal conflict..LOL

ayla...you need to go to a sleep clinic or something....I was up more than usual last night too...madi fell out of her bed then the kitten got into lukes room and woke him up..then the train was really laying on the horn ( I usually never hear it)...then big cat decided he needed out ...but i went back to sleep pretty good each time...

okay I am blabbing..putting off the store trip....wish me luck and talk to you gals later...

~Beezy ---not so gassyassy today...this too has passed--gas--LOL