Notices

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 7

Old 12-27-2006, 08:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 7

This is a continuation of the Moms thread.

Here is Part 6:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-6-a-22.html
Old 12-27-2006, 08:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

holy crap we talk too much...
Old 12-27-2006, 08:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Morning bryn-

yes my thoughts could give NASCAR a run for their money.

I believe you were referring to the Bronte sisters in your post on the last thread. Charlotte, Emily and Ann...all wrote books initally using a 'male' identity. Did you know that alcoholism ran in their family?
Old 12-27-2006, 08:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

LOL!!!!

ayla - First laugh that I had all morning! Thanks
Old 12-27-2006, 08:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

We definitely are a chatty bunch!

My brain power is getting better evryday I must say. It's funny though- I still forget things and do ******** stuff without meaning to. Before my daughter would be like, sigh & roll eyes- I told you that!.. now she just smiles and shakes her head because it's just ME!
Old 12-27-2006, 08:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Brandi, while I was RAMBLING you posted. What you said about your oldest, I can totally relate to the vomiting thing.I have had a phobia about it as far back as I can remember.Never thought to use benadryl at those times though.I had a miscarriage about 1 1/2 years ago, but while I was pregnant I had to have surgery. They had to do a cerclage( stitches at bottom of cervix) due to my cervix being weak after a laser cone biopsy two or three years prior to that. whew! don't want to get started on miscarriage...I was more than halfway through pregnancy so there was a funeral and this was the second time in 3 years this had happened(hardest thing I've ever experienced). Olivia was the first baby's name, Rory was second. Well, I said I wasn't gonna....see I ramble too. I just feel that when I say I had the miscarriages that I have to acknowledge them. It hurts so bad. Olivia was born and died on Alex's birthday, and it happened right befor my mom died. So sorry...I don't want to sound so depressing. Back to the puke thing ,ugh, I freak out even if I see someone else do it. But the night after the surgery I had taken the two different antibiotics that the Dr. prescribed and other meds he gave me and got really nauseous. Everytime I did it I couldn't breathe for what seemed like minutes. I panicked big time! It happened 4 or 5 times that night. Everytime I threw up I would come running out of the bathroom and run outside I guess thinking "AIR"! The 1st time I had my socks on and slid on the hardwood floor(imitation of Tom Cruise...what's the name of the movie?). Well, there's proof that my brain has gone to mush! I will shut up(do I hear applause?)for now, I know everybody probably dreads seeing picture of Snoopy! Hear that Misti? I need to change my avatar asap! lol
Old 12-27-2006, 08:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

i wrote a long chatty post about how braindead i am and how many braincells i 'killed in the 90's(weed) and it said 'this thread is closed'...shite!!! that is frustrating...and of course i'm so burnt out i can't remember anything i said....hehe...
Old 12-27-2006, 09:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks to two kids and old age, I pee my pants every time I puke!!
Old 12-27-2006, 09:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Mtn.,yes that's it. Thanks! I remember that their brother was an alcoholic and died at 29 from it. or was it 39? It is a really interesting story. So sad how many of their siblings died so close together. I'm gonna have to do some research and try to learn more. Think I'll go to bookstore and try to find one of their books.Oh, crap..i'm supposed to be volunteering right now! Going!

p.s. EVERYONE, I FEEL SOOO GUILTY FOR MY POSTS BEING SO LONG. I AM SO SORRY AND I PROMISE TO STOP. I THINK I MIGHT HAVE WD'S FROM THAT! SERIOUSLY, I WILL DO BETTER ...PROMISE!
Old 12-27-2006, 09:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey Brynn...no apologizing allowed on this thread! As Tam said, we're a chatty bunch! I enjoy reading your posts!

My knee was feeling better so hubby is coming home early and we're going shopping. These gift cards are burning a hole in my wallet! Well guess what?! It's hurting like he!! again...dangit!!
Old 12-27-2006, 09:12 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Sober and Free

I dont knwo if there are rules, but I dont mind long rambly posts (makes me feel at home)

That is a horrible loss for you, and I am so sorry you had to go through that.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:45 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

brynn, pm me and let me know where the pic you want as avatar is located, then let me go from there
misti
Old 12-27-2006, 09:47 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

actually, i don't remember who i pm'd instructions to before....if you still have them, can you forward them to brynn?
let me know
thanks
misti
Old 12-27-2006, 10:22 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi y'all.....i can't keep up with this thread either and most of the time i don't feel like i have anything to offer..blah, blah, blah. I made it through the holiday happy & sober, but today i'm kinda feeling sorry for myself and i don't know why. I have nothing to feel sorry about, i have a great husband, two great kids (15 & 5), my own house, two cars, a JOB, food in the fridge....so WTF is my problem. I just got off the phone with my sponsor, i was kinda hoping she would want to hook up and go the meeting together tonight since she's on vacation, but she doesn't know if she'll go or not. It's at 8:15pm so by the time that rolls around she won't feel like going out. That old jealousy rearing it's ugly head. My 20 year old neice who i wrote about 5 threads ago, is a heroin addict and has decided that she's going to move to Florida with some guy and sell magazines door to door...this job will provide them with a motel room and a car.....what's wrong with this picture? I'm just worried that she'll turn up dead and there's nothing i can do....i've offered her help and she's not ready...it's out of my hands.

I don't feel like i really want to drink, but i feel the self destruction sneaking in, and all i can do is just pray that it goes away before i do something irrational. I've been having a lot of drinking/using dreams lately and i just feel like i need some attention even if it's negative. I don't know.....now i'm the one rambling. Anyway, i just wanted to get this stuff out of my head.

Thanks y'all
Old 12-27-2006, 10:34 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Sober and Free

"I don't feel like i really want to drink, but i feel the self destruction sneaking in, and all i can do is just pray that it goes away before i do something irrational. "

Self destruction is my MO. I say, go to a meeting with out your sponser, and say there what you just said here. I bet many will reach out and (((((((((hug))))))))) you, tell you just how strong you are!
Old 12-27-2006, 11:07 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi Ig- We've missed you. I think you're sitting in the front row seat of the emotional rollercoater today. Ride it out. I just got home from a really good mtg. Talked about how AA and the steps work in every aspect of your life. I say just go to the mtg. Go for you- not because your sponser is or isn't with you. Can you go to one earlier in the day?

You know you can't help your niece right now- Don't let frustration be a trigger for you! Stay clean so you can be there completely for her when she needs you. We're here!!!!!!!

BTW- ** I see nothing wrong with having a little pity-party every now and then... I throw a great party! Just make sure you are able to have your 'fun' and move on!!!**

xoxo T
Old 12-27-2006, 11:26 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thanks Brandi & Tam,
I had planned on going to the meeting with or without my sponsor, i don't know, it's just frustrating....i just have false expectations today i guess. I called someone else after i posted, and i'm going to go on a commitment with her to the local jail. As far as my niece Tam, that's exactly what my sponsor said......"the best thing you can do for your niece is to stay sober so that you'll be able to help her when she is ready". Days like today just remind me that i am definitely alcoholic....if i weren't, i wouldn't be struggling today with wanting to drink, but not wanting to drink. It just wouldn't even be an issue if i were "normal".
Old 12-27-2006, 11:38 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

You are going to be OK, ig- BTW- I'm sure 'normal' is over rated........ they have issues too...
Old 12-27-2006, 12:31 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

OMG.... Last time I was on you were all on part 4 now your up to 7! I have so much to catch up on....

I am up in Seattle and we got hit by the storm. Our power went out for over a week. It was awful. We stayed in the dark by the fire for 4 days until black crap was coming out of the kids noses... then went to my inlaws house. Because I am on electric home monitoring, once I was there I was stuck there.... Can you say I WANNA DRINK.... ANyways... I will catch up here... Hope you call had a great xmas!
Old 12-27-2006, 12:34 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

OK, I almost fell out of my chair when I saw that we have ANOTHER new thread started. Can you even imagine how much we'd talk if we were all in the same room together? (OOOH, that would be fun!)

Brynn, those are the Bronte sisters--I love their books, and I'm jealous that you saw a program about them! (I'm such a nerd--I live for stuff like that.) Funny, I'm rereading "The Tenant of Wildfell Hall" by Anne Bronte now--just started it yesterday. (It's about a woman who flees her abusive alcoholic husband with their little son--she assumes a new name and moves into Wildfell Hall, but the husband comes after her......)

Aww,Beezy, I am sorry you are so sick--ugh, the hospital and everything, huh? I hope you feel better soon!

Ayla, I agree with whoever recommended benadryl--When I was first put on Prozac I had a terrible time sleeping so my doc said to take one or two benadryls at bedtime. It worked great, and isn't addictive. One was plenty for me--two left me feeling all groggy in the morning.

Igfan, that's tough about your niece....For what it's worth, my brother did that traveling magazine sales thing 17 years ago when he was a homeless addict. We were all so worried about him, never knowing where in the world he was or if we'd ever see him again. But today he is the SOBER dad of an 11-year-old daughter, and doing a darn good job of raising her. He's had the same good job for about 8 years now, and has been sober for 5 years (I think). Looking back on where his life was years ago, I am just amazed. Miracles DO happen, and you can't do anything to "make" it happen for your niece. I tried so many times with my brother over the years, but it wasn't until he did it for himself and his own daughter that he overcame the addiction. I am so proud of him.
It hurts terribly to know your niece is doing this to herself, I know. I just want to cry with you. But you've gotta hold onto hope, and take care of yourself and your own sobriety. You CAN do it, and you know we are here for you.

Love to you all,
Jane