Notices

Any moms out there keeping sane while not using - Part 4

Old 12-06-2006, 02:44 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Welcome, Arete. I'm kind of a southern girl... transplanted here 7 yrs ago.

Candy- I am SOOOOOO relieved.

Misty- I just want to come to Dallas, snatch you and the kids up and bring you home with me. Like you don't have enough SH*T to worry about! If he lays a hand on you we are sicking Ayla the Amazing Amazon on him to kick his sorry a** all the way back to prison! Stay safe, sweetie- I think it's safe to say we all have you in our thoughts.

Ruby!!! Man, it's been a rough several days around here. Luckily we have each other. Did you see I bought red boots yesterday and thought of you! Hang in there.

Ok- sit back and relax- I have to give a little background...

As some of you know I teach at a local fitness center. Spin on Tue and water aerobics on Thu. Last thur. a lady was in my class who I had not seen before. When class was over she was telling me how much she loved the class and we started talking. I don't know how we started talking about where she lived, but I knew the house next door to her was for sale. My house has been on the market for 2+ months. She was telling me what a great neighborhood, the kids can fish in her pond, the house has been completely renovated... She was saying, "You need to move in I am so much fun!" The first thing I thought was, "Great, she probably sits out on the deck and has wine or martinis and I can't do that- so she's fun but I'm NOT anymore." We made this connection and I even told DH about her that night.

OK-- fast forward to today. I went to AA and she was there!!! I didn't realize it was her until she started talking and I made the connection. I caught her after the meeting and said, "You were in my class for a reason!". She didn't recognize me "with my clothes on" ( I hear that all the time). I told her about the thoughts that went through my mind the other day- she said she had gone into the bathroom after class and was going on and on about how much she loved me, which she said was really unusual. She said "No wonder I felt a connection to you- an angel was put in your path and one was put in mine."

4 people gave me their phone numbers today after the meeting- my angel lady gave me hers and told me to call if I need her before class tomorrow and anytime. I got a chip... I sat in the car for a looooong time before I went in. Anyway- I made it.

Crazy, huh.

I'm off to a dumb science fair meeting at school... 3 wks ago I would have blown it off because it would have interfered with my wine time!!

I'll talk to you all later.

love you love you love you all!
Old 12-06-2006, 02:57 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

hi all! don't have much time to post but wanted to send hugs to those of you needing support--know that i'm with you and you can post here anytime and even if i don't have time to post i'll say a quick prayer for ya! and way to go for all the victories. ayla amazing about the photo and tamtam and your new friend.

i've had a splitting headache for 2 days now ever since i had my last therapy appointment--hmm do ya think it's related ?!?!? too much crap drudged up from past and now i have no where to go with it. man, my life was really screwed up at times...so glad i'm finally getting it together (at least that's what i hope i'm doing). tonight i'm meeting with my sponsor to finish step 3. step 4 is gonna kill me--moral inventory hah! i've blocked so much for so long that i never want to regurgitate it again. not looking forward to it, but they say you feel so much better after...think i'll go bang my head on the wall for awhile.

thank you all for being there. your struggles, victories, ventings and poetry are all the threads helping to pull me through this life. hugs all around!
Old 12-06-2006, 02:58 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

candy--happy dance here for you!

codi--good luck...glad you got it all out in the open.

miki--try to get in touch with a domestic abuse hotline if he is a threat to you. see if you can get restraining order too. good luck.

spacegirl--hello! don't listen to any of us venting about our kids. i bet any one of us would do anything for our kids no matter how crazy they make us.

ayla--your hilarious rant about being a parent was too funny and right on target! lol!!
Old 12-06-2006, 03:07 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

lol, i pulled a ruby and lost my post as well....
hugs to everyone and thanks for the support. i will post some background later if i have time in my thread if you all want to check it out. i have notified the police (nothing they can do), notified the schools, disabled the car, checked the entire house, and ensured we are locked in (although he can pick anything)
he is the cause of my panic attacks, hiding in my house all the time was very scary for me.
anyway, we'll make it, we always have
tam, see how everything happens for a reason! i am so glad you got the courage to go to that meeting, that your angel was there and you got numbers.
i hope to be a little more stable later and post some more in response to you guys and what is going on with each of you.
everyone have a good nite
mis
Old 12-06-2006, 03:22 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

I made an appt with my Dr for Friday...I just cannot get through the days...I need something to help me out here...I am not real sue what to say...to him...my Mcdreamy...but I know he can help me out. I am just sooo depressed and that is not like me....I mean I had my days but this is like the black hole....

I feel like I bring this thread down everytime i post...I feel like I should not post this stuff...am I draggin ya'll down with my sadness...just tell me shoo and I will go for a bit..till I am back on my feet....

~Beezylou
Old 12-06-2006, 03:29 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

you are not, stick around.
if you all want some drama, go to my thread. i cannot believe what i am reading, and this is the first time someone here has made me cry.
i don't know what to do
Old 12-06-2006, 03:39 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

HELL NO! YOU CAN'T GO! HELL NO! YOU CAN'T GO!

That's what we're here for Beezy.....everyone is here to help everyone else.....when one of us is having a tough time, the rest of us are here to help them through. If anything, it reminds us (me anyways) that there are people out there worse off than me. I don't know if i could deal with the death of a young child......i'm almost positive i'd be drinking....i'm just not strong enough to even consider doing it sober, but reality is...none of us know what we would do until we had to do it.

Keep posting Beezy, i hope the doctor can help get you back on track.....but just know that we're all here to listen.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:41 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

i'm sorry, i am hysterical and am leaving the forum
i wish you all the best
maybe i'll come back later when i am better
Old 12-06-2006, 05:25 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ayla zaire View Post

sbrgrl...remember when you said you are off of house arrest on january 11 and you often think about getting wasted...well, that was my mom's birthday...so no one here is allowed to get wasted on that day!!!
Okay Hon!! I will stay sober that day! I made a probation appt for the 12th so that will help too! My PO asked me today how I was doing, I told him how badly I wanted to drink... He told me it's us Honest ones who actually make it.

I am glad we have eachother to be honest with!
Old 12-06-2006, 05:35 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

thanks to you mommies who helped me deal with the troll (as well as anna, doug, kj, donewithit, so many more)
i am still pretty embarrassed and upset about the whole thing, but as i have really enjoyed it here, i will stay.
i'm sorry for all the drama
i don't like it either
hugs to all of you and i hope you all have a good nite
misti
Old 12-06-2006, 05:45 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

(((Beezy))), don't you dare go anywhere. It wouldn't be the same without you here--there'd be an empty spot at our ranch (and in our hearts). I'm sure your doctor can help somehow. Depression is horrible, and some of us need help getting through it. Sending my love to you....

Originally Posted by sbrgrl View Post
Okay Hon!! I will stay sober that day! I made a probation appt for the 12th so that will help too! My PO asked me today how I was doing, I told him how badly I wanted to drink... He told me it's us Honest ones who actually make it.

I am glad we have eachother to be honest with!
Aw, you're making me tear up, sbrgrl--we're here with you! I like what your PO said.

(((Misti))), I saw some of the junk going on over on those other threads--I'm sorry you got blasted with that, and I hope you stay. We're safe and cozy here at our Mommy Ranch (--and we'll beat the snot out of anyone who threatens one of our girls)

CANDY!! I'm so happy you got good news back--WOO-HOO!!! (**insert dancing banana from the smilies here**)

Welcome, Arete! I love it when other mommies find us.

Scoot, I'm sorry about your headache--I hope you get relief ASAP.

Tam, that is SO COOL how you and that other woman met in your class and again at AA! I love that it happened to you.

ACK

Dangit--I just caught the beagle IN THE DISHWASHER. He was standing on the open door, licking dirty dishes. Never a dull moment.

Guess I'd better finish loading the dishwasher..

Have a good, safe night everyone.

Much love,
Jane
Old 12-06-2006, 05:48 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

lol on the beagle
beezy, please get in touch with me
we need you
misti
Old 12-06-2006, 06:19 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

beezylou...never say you bring us down, we love you and you only make us want to help you when you post here...you never bring us down, we feel for you, but that is not a bad thing....it makes me happy to be able to be here for you when you are feeling down...

howdie arete!!! you have found the best mommy support group in the world!!! welcome!!! (we ARE a support group of sorts...aren't we, mommies?)we are so glad you are here and look forward to getting to know you!!!!

misti...stay safe, stay strong...we are here if you need us...pm me, i'll check in tonight...

CANDY!!! YES! YES! YES! i am soooo relieved!!! you must be so happy right now! i can't say enough how glad i am that this turned out well...i was very concerned....so, welcome back to day 1!!

so, jess...we are counting down to your freedom...a little more than a month to go!!! thanks for saying you won't drink on mama's birthday...that means a lot to me...and it would to her, too...and she would understand so much...and love us all anyway...she was so great...

catch y'all later...hi to everyone i didn't mention...it is begining to be hard to get to everyone...as slow as i type it would take me all night...
Old 12-06-2006, 06:23 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

well...I am here and I just hanging around.....I will be up all night...crying...and wishing my girl was not gone...

if I let my newfie in the house...(he stands as tall as me when he jumps up) he would be grabbing stuff off the counters...he has some manners inside but if I turn my head he is like my kids...get away with it while she is not looking...

misti...i am not sure what happened but you can't let some nobody get under your skin...

Love you all,

~Beezy
Old 12-06-2006, 06:26 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

love you beezy
i will be up most of the nite as well watching for idiot
usually i am in somewhat of a panic state and stay in bed. however, i may be up and down....pm me anything you want and i will reply to you as much and as often as i can. sometimes it feels good just to vent and rant.
cry as much as you need, it's good for you, i think.
i wish i could take the pain away, but i know you need to make it through this.
i will hold your hand the whole way, though
ayla, thanks sweetie, but i am ok now. hugs to you, too
misti
Old 12-06-2006, 06:29 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Beezy, Misti...please stay put. I've never felt anyone is a downer. Isn't that what this thread is all about. We're here for you close to 24/7.

Beezylou, I think I've mentioned this before, but maybe you could check out the Compassionate Friends support group. It has helped my SIL so much with her grief.

Misti...I hate that all that garbage happened. I know there is a certain person here on the Newcomer's forum that makes my blood boil! Thank God, he doesn't post here on the Mommie thread! This is a place for support and a condescending bully is not my idea of support....ok, sorry I had to vent there. But we're with you, we love you so just hang in there!

Tam, I did mention the boots in an earlier post in case you missed it. If you decide you don't like 'em and they're a size 6 or 6 1/2 you can always send 'em my way!

I know there was more I wanted to say but I'm so tired I can't think right now. Last nights binge really took it out of me...good thing is a drink is the last thing I want right now. Being in my pj's in bed watching tv with the cute pooch curled up beside sounds like heaven...

Everybody hang in there the rest of the night and know you're all loved and prayed for. Here I am...tucking us all in!!!
Old 12-06-2006, 06:39 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

oh yeah Tammy ...my SIL wants some red boots...where did you find them ???

she is always glamming it up....I tease her...that she and my hubby have a secret something going on...like when they hug hi or bye..i say (the whole time they hug) watch the hands...watch the hands...I tease them terrible and my h is very shy...he turns red as does my SIL....it CRACKS me up...
Old 12-06-2006, 09:03 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

(((Beezy))) and (((Misty)))- You better not leave us!!! You would miss us too much!! ..... and what would we do without you?

**If you're an American when you walk into a bathroom, what are you while you're in there??? European

**Did you hear about the man with 5 penises?
-His pants fit like a glove-

It's midnight. I'm obviously delerious.

Good night and sweet dreams to all of my girlfriends.

Tomorrow is a new day! (21 for me)

((())) & xxx T
Old 12-07-2006, 12:50 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Sweet dreams mommies.

Good morning, now! What a bummer that there was a troll in SA that cause such a ruckus and I'm really sorry that it affected one of our mommies. (((misti))) Glad it's solved and that you're still with us.

Beezy, don't ever worry about being down. You are processing a loss that can't even be imagined. Take the time and space you need, but don't avoid us because you're afraid of making us sad. I think it's great that you're seeing a doc.

Jane, I need lessons on making a photo into an avatar. I have a cute pic of my Wheaten wearing reindeer antlers. I want to use that for the season. Help!!

Tam, I'm so excited for you and your experience with AA and that angel lady. What a great intro into the group. Just a hint that's been told to me over and over again...Don't talk too much about all your stuff with your hub. It gets overwhelming for someone that's not living it. If you need to dump or question or complain call someone in the program or come here. I've made the mistake too many times and the least I can do is try to spare you the pain. SHOW him how you are changing rather than tell him about it. It means a lot more. I'm so happy for your 21 days.

Ayla I agree with you about not being able to metion everyone. Even though typing speed isn't my problem. I just can't remember everyone and all that they say. Oh, see I just remembered that Candy got good news. Now you can get back on the sobriety wagon. There's work to do at the ranch!
Old 12-07-2006, 03:49 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

**Insert Thanks here**
I really miss that button too...
I will keep that in mind c'est. Thank you for sharing that with me.