Notices

pills that kill

Old 09-20-2006, 01:58 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by liveweyerd
I want to clarify something...I am not in any way implying that You need xanax. I cannot know whether you do or not. Only a profession whom you are honest with can make that call.

I myself would prefer and asked for Buspar or something else other than xanax. I do not like xanax.

live
thank you so much for taking the time to talk to me. I have suffered from allot of my anxiety my whole life. my situation im sure ads to it. your write im sure eventually i mayhave to see some one..i just hope if it gets to that point they will liston...if you dont mind me asking what is your diagnosis and what meds do you take? thank you for your help
Old 09-20-2006, 02:21 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I am treated for clinical depression and will be on antidepressants for the rest of my life. I take Lexapro as the primary treatment for that. I also take Trazadone (or Desyrel) to aid sleep and it is also an antidepressant. I am taking half the dose I once was. I had insomnia for over 10 years. However, that has changed as my life has changed and my outward and inward circumstances and situations have improved, so now I only take half. The xanax is for a "severe anxiety disorder" which I am guessing is a combination of general anxiety disorder and PTSD. The cardinal marker of PTSD is night terrors. I no longer have those. And, it seems to me the anxiety is better than it was, as well. It is often said that depression and anxiety go together, opposite sides of the same coin. I don't know. But I know I have been able to function on only the antidepressants before and hope to be able to do so again.
When I was moved up to the 4 mg per day, shortly I started feeling as if I were coming apart and my depression deepened. When I was finally, with the help of others here, able to see what xanax can do I wanted off them. I can say with a certainty that I am far more stable and am not now depressed now that I am taking .5 mg per day.
I have found that family doctors are ill equipped to diagnosis and manage chemical imbalance in the brain, or with addiction/dependence, or with other psychological problems, the best one told me to see a psychiatrist. I am grateful for that. I have found that they listen to me very well. As I mentioned earlier, I was able to negotiate with mine, as she respects my wishes as well as her diagnosis. It is up to me to report things correctly to her. But I find they listen to me just the same as if I were reporting a bacterial infection etc. The hardest part was the time of trial and error finding the right medications and my own unwillingness to remain on my antidepressants. I kept wanting to declare my self cured. I have read this is a common error. I tell her what I am doing and why and what I want and why.
She either approves, suggests something else and tells me why or disapproves and tells me why.
I can only share my experience.
And I felt bad about being pushy about seeing a Dr. After saying it once, it is nagging. I apologize. You are a grown adult perfectly fit to make decisions for yourself, as am I.
if any of this helps, in any way, I am glad.
You might check out the family and friends or nar-anon boards for your home situation and how you can help yourself in that circumstance.

live
Old 09-20-2006, 02:26 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Yep Blue.. I live close to Tablerock Lake...in a tiny town, I was born and raised in Southern California but moved out here after I graduated , met my Husband at SMS and stayed here...we moved from springfield to here last Dec...

I put Newfie land cause I have a newfoundland doggy.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:34 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I am treated for clinical depression and will be on antidepressants for the rest of my life. I take Lexapro as the primary treatment for that. I also take Trazadone (or Desyrel) to aid sleep and it is also an antidepressant. I am taking half the dose I once was. I had insomnia for over 10 years. However, that has changed as my life has changed and my outward and inward circumstances and situations have improved, so now I only take half. The xanax is for a "severe anxiety disorder" which I am guessing is a combination of general anxiety disorder and PTSD. The cardinal marker of PTSD is night terrors. I no longer have those. And, it seems to me the anxiety is better than it was, as well. It is often said that depression and anxiety go together, opposite sides of the same coin. I don't know. But I know I have been able to function on only the antidepressants before and hope to be able to do so again.
When I was moved up to the 4 mg per day, shortly I started feeling as if I were coming apart and my depression deepened. When I was finally, with the help of others here, able to see what xanax can do I wanted off them. I can say with a certainty that I am far more stable and am not now depressed now that I am taking .5 mg per day.
I have found that family doctors are ill equipped to diagnosis and manage chemical imbalance in the brain, or with addiction/dependence, or with other psychological problems, the best one told me to see a psychiatrist. I am grateful for that. I have found that they listen to me very well. As I mentioned earlier, I was able to negotiate with mine, as she respects my wishes as well as her diagnosis. It is up to me to report things correctly to her. But I find they listen to me just the same as if I were reporting a bacterial infection etc. The hardest part was the time of trial and error finding the right medications and my own unwillingness to remain on my antidepressants. I kept wanting to declare my self cured. I have read this is a common error. I tell her what I am doing and why and what I want and why.
She either approves, suggests something else and tells me why or disapproves and tells me why.
I can only share my experience.
And I felt bad about being pushy about seeing a Dr. After saying it once, it is nagging. I apologize. You are a grown adult perfectly fit to make decisions for yourself, as am I.
if any of this helps, in any way, I am glad.
You might check out the family and friends or nar-anon boards for your home situation and how you can help yourself in that circumstance.

live
no dont apologize..your write seeing a doctor is a good option. just got to find the write one. wow medicine realy helps you huh..if it wasnt for meds my mother would be on cloud 9 talking to gods who arent there. she has bi-polar/manic depressive disorder and pscitsophective disorder(however its spelled) so it is genetic and i know that and i may need a doctor..im just scared that anti depressants may make me gain weight. ive seen those in my family gain...have you had problems with gaining..? how much meds did you have to try before getting ones that work? thank you for your help
Old 09-20-2006, 02:36 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Smyle
Yep Blue.. I live close to Tablerock Lake...in a tiny town, I was born and raised in Southern California but moved out here after I graduated , met my Husband at SMS and stayed here...we moved from springfield to here last Dec...

I put Newfie land cause I have a newfoundland doggy.
wow your realy realy close to me...i live in the monett area. yeah we probly are experiencing the same weather..good to hear from ya
Old 09-20-2006, 03:08 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I have been in treatment and have tried different meds. over the years. Lexapro is a newer one. Yes, there is some weight gain, but my weight has remained stable. I don't keep gaining. The weight is insignicant compared to the depression. I was entirely miserable and unable to function at all when at the lows of depression.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:28 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

yes...we are close...we live in Crane..have never been to monett...I go to Aurora sometimes but anyway...glad you are here and cool that you are close...

Oh I was on lexapro last year and it made me really suicidal, I went back to paxil...and paxil also made me lose weight. Just different for different people..
Old 09-20-2006, 04:17 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I have been in treatment and have tried different meds. over the years. Lexapro is a newer one. Yes, there is some weight gain, but my weight has remained stable. I don't keep gaining. The weight is insignicant compared to the depression. I was entirely miserable and unable to function at all when at the lows of depression.
yeah i understand sometimes you gotta worry about your brain before your weight
Old 09-20-2006, 04:18 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Smyle
yes...we are close...we live in Crane..have never been to monett...I go to Aurora sometimes but anyway...glad you are here and cool that you are close...

Oh I was on lexapro last year and it made me really suicidal, I went back to paxil...and paxil also made me lose weight. Just different for different people..
yeah it realy sucks we all have to go threw so much crap to figure out what meds we need!
Old 10-02-2006, 05:09 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

bump