Notices

One Year & Over Part 92

Old 08-01-2023, 06:59 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks all. It has taken me a long time to see how my hero complex is, in some ways, selfish. I'm trying to ask people for things and accept help. I don't know how much I can change at the age of 60 but I still keep wiggling to do better.

Today I have a student at 9, take neighbor to dentist at 1:45, and it is my watering day.

May you all have a good one.
Old 08-02-2023, 01:34 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

Bekind, it really is hard for many of us humans to ask for help. I’ve been married to Mr. Mags for nearly 30 years and sometimes I still struggle if I need his help with something. Lovely of your neighbor to help fix your bike and as toots says, he would be pleased and feel worthy of himself.

I was bad yesterday. Changed from feeling better to side effects of steroids. Terrible. I’m ok this morning though thankfully.

FBL, Hope you hear something soon of work situation.

It’s cooler here this morning. Been having so much rain. Be nice to get a bit of sun some time.

Have a good day my friends xxxx
Old 08-02-2023, 08:30 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

Mags sorry about the steroids. Ugh. So much medicine is a "least worst" kind of decision.

Rain last night which in my dry corner of the world is wonderful.

I'm not moving very fast this morning so off to comb my hair, take meds and do a bit on finances.

I'm happy to be part of this club.
Old 08-02-2023, 09:08 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi all - just a quick update that Iím ok, thx for support and Iím reading regularly even if I donít post.

Plugging away at ducks

sending you all good thoughts
Old 08-02-2023, 09:39 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi Overs -

Purps - how did you departure go from work?

FBL - sending wishes you get your contract wrapped up here soon

Mags - uh. Sorry to hear about the steroids. I know you must be feeling poorly already to even take them :/

Dee- thx for the new thread

Hi everyone

Iím hanging in there and collecting documents this week.

Met with an attorney and she explained that even if we are cohabitating that there is room to argue that the % of income to which Iím entitled as a SAHM starts to degrade. So I need to keep up family activities as a defense,

Which means I get to go to a BBQ pool party on Friday with all of his friends that he has been demonizing me to, which is just about the last thing I want to do. But I got a plan to deal with different scenarios including my own transportation in case I need to exit.

She also explained that Iím in a petty dangerous position with him being able to file paperwork with the court to make it so that I canít see my kids without supervised visits and it takes about a year to clear myself because the courts are so slow.

Reason: There is basically no bar that they have to pass to file for this request and she explained that she saw one case where the parent claimed that the kids were in jeopardy because the other parent took them to childrenís museum with a butterfly exhibit and there was a sign not to put your hand passed the line into the exhibit and the parent extended his hand passed that line to take a photo with his phone and that was the dangerous action.

I thought about it.

And decided challenge accepted!

I decided that this an opportunity to turn myself into a great mom from being a pretty good mom - bc the bar basically necessitates that, and frankly thatís probably whatís going to benefit myself and my family most anyway. IE - itís a call to action.

In better news - she recommended mediation with advisement as the starting point because Iím competent, level headed, can advocate for myself, and I have to chuckle at this one - ďsurprisingly emotionally sound at this point in the process.Ē

YeahÖ.turns out my recovery practices are still in there (thankfully) just have been gathering dust. Situation sucks but Iím glad to be practicing again and getting myself moving forward.

Hugs to all.
Old 08-03-2023, 12:34 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning dear Overs

SE, lot for you to think about. Good move meeting with your attorney. I agree with everything she says about you! You are sound girl. Using your recovery tools will help you with everything. Pleased you’re going to be getting out and about with the kids. Take care and enjoy the bbq pool party. Great to have strategies too. Big hugs to you. xx

The sun is up! Yeah, a rare occasion over here. We’ve had rain rain rain. It’s due again today but for now we have sunshine.

Have a good day my friends. xxxx
Old 08-03-2023, 02:03 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

SE, good to see you strategizing in a very positive way. You are strong and devoted to SisK and BB and will get through this.
Old 08-03-2023, 03:32 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

SE, sounds like you have a solid gameplan.

Book editing is moving along. Still no word on a deal.

Have a Thunderous Thursday, overs!
Old 08-03-2023, 05:16 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

SE, you are taking the steps you need to take while taking the time to be a great mom. Well done!

Have a good day all!
Old 08-03-2023, 10:03 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

prayers SE
Old 08-03-2023, 01:49 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting SE. This is a tough situation. I love the phrase "Plugging away at ducks." It is similar to PJs "Doing stuff about stuff". PJ, I think this was you?

Getting sober helps with life on so many levels and probably most of all when some crisis hits like Alpine's cancer or SE's marriage. May all that is holy protect us from such crisis and if not, may we face them with grace and courage.

Okay here are the ducks with which I need to deal: unload dishwasher, put away 10 things and find an exercise on Spanish direct and indirect object pronouns.

Yeah, next right step!
Old 08-03-2023, 02:49 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

How irritating is that, SE….as if you aren’t already carrying most (if not all) the weight…..so frustrating. And you are already a great mom IMO Kudos for taking the high road
Old 08-05-2023, 01:07 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

SE it's good you're getting legal advise and fantastic that you have adapted your sobriety tools to help you through this. The right attitude always stands you in good stead, and we all know you are a strong fighter and you can and will overcome this challenge. I hope the Friday night party went okay, and I hope you smiled and laughed and confused heck out of their conceptions. You are a survivor. We all are here, we all chose to survive not to quit on life.

Mags I hope you feel better soon.

Bekind, I think we all get a buzz from helping someone in a small or large way, and we can get addicted to that buzz. It is also difficult to admit even to ourselves that we can't do something on our own, we need help. It can make us feel a little small. Fact is what we are doing is allowing someone else to feel the buzz of helping us, and isn't that a nice thing to do?

Hugs to all who need them
Old 08-05-2023, 02:19 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Toots, I always like reading your insights!

I hope the heat isn’t too awful for everyone…

Have a lovely Saturday
Old 08-05-2023, 03:00 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Old 08-05-2023, 04:51 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Picked up a little something extra on the drive to the BBQ place yesterday. A cop followed me into the parking lot and slapped me with a speeding ticket. He clocked me going 44 in a 25. It's a part of the road that comes down a hill into town and the speed limit goes from 45 to 30 to 25 in a short span. My dad used to call those "speed traps" and I got caught in it. I honestly didn't realize why he followed me into the parking lot until he told me. It's my first brush with the law in 20 years and (hopefully) the last! At least the BBQ lunch was excellent.

Have a Wonderful Weekend, overs!
Old 08-05-2023, 04:15 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Stupid speed traps! Glad you still enjoyed the bbq FBL
Old 08-05-2023, 11:44 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Speed traps are so annoying. It's like, go catch some criminals for goodness sakes. Stop picking on local tax payers. It give the police a bad rap.

Have a good day all!
Old 08-06-2023, 01:34 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

FBL pleased no permanent damage with the speed ticket theyíre a pain in the butt over here too. Glad your bbq went well.

Hi Alpine. Good to see you. all the best for your treatment next week.

Still feeling rough. Had a covid test..negative. Iíll see what tomorrow brings.

Love to all dear Overs. Take care

xxxx
Old 08-06-2023, 02:49 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Good morning to all!

Mags, I totally get your feelings about steroids. I had one long (4 months) and high dose span and it was awful. I ended up with osteoporosis from that one. Had a low dose earlier this year and couldnít stand it. I canít imagine ever taking it again but know that if I felt awful enough I likely would. So I know itís a measure of how bad we are feeling. Sending lots of *hugs*!

Have a good day to all