Notices

One Year & Over Part 89

Old 01-06-2023, 02:43 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Sorry Venus, I meant Least but typed Venus lol anyway you had a bad night too so hope it got better.
I've definitely streamlined whenever I've moved but clearly not enough as I still have too much stuff and nowhere near enough storage space.
Toots, think I need to you join you on hiding the snacks, out of sight, out of mine.
Free, I have days like and can't always put your finger why? and then the next day, feel great again
Old 01-06-2023, 02:45 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Maybe we need less stuff, Brit. Or perhaps I am just talking about me.
Old 01-06-2023, 08:44 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Hi overs!

congrats britbird

belated happy bday FBL

bekind - I’m your SIL. It’s nothing personal - just holidays being an insane amount of work for mom. I’m sure she is grateful to have you at an Airbnb and it helps a ton. husbands family thinks the same thing of me - bc I refuse to see anyone until after 2pm nap time on Xmas day to protect the day for my kids and make sure they get rest and it’s like I’ve ruined the whole season even tho I host. Sorry - my kids well-being comes first, and they will cry if they don’t nap and our house is tiny.

Saskia - tulips are so lovely!

Yay to new thinking in 2023.
Old 01-07-2023, 03:16 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

SE, I’m happy to hear you are protecting your immediate family time Even if you gave in to your in-laws, from what I gather there would probably be other things that would get them in a lather. Good for you for setting limits!

Have a Satisfying Saturday
Old 01-07-2023, 10:21 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Free, did you figure what was bugging you? I hope you can sort it out
Old 01-07-2023, 08:00 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

today is one of those ODAAT days...nothing bad about that ..
Old 01-07-2023, 08:58 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Dickensen, that’s awful 😫. We need sleep, good, uninterrupted sleep. Have you tried all THE things? I just give up and get out of the bedroom when I can’t sleep, thereby not associated the bed with restlessness.

I take a prescribed antihistamine at night that helps me most night, a half a tablet.🥱😴

Saskia, yes, it feels good to stay put. Why the low energy, the season?😧

Ann and I had some very similar experiences with our children, and I really enjoyed ALL her input and posts. I know Bim took over for a while, and that’s a lot of work. So appreciative that you keep it up Suze 🥰

Friend newly diagnosed with aggressive cancer, husband has been depressed as evidenced by some poor hygiene lately, today is the anniversary (7 years) of his late wife’s death, and he’s been funky lately.

So all those things are grating on me. All these things will cease to bother me as either the stimuli will change, or I will adapt or change.

Some muddy waters for now, but no danger of drinking.

Old 01-07-2023, 09:00 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Oh wow, somehow I missed pages and pages.

Eye still isn’t great.

Hi Brit, Serene, toots, and PJ.

PJ, yeah, I’m feeling a little,lost lately. I’ll be ok. WE will be okay.

Big hugs to all
Old 01-07-2023, 10:24 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

Free so sorry to hear your friend has been diagnosed with aggressive cancer. And your eye must be concerning for you. Your posts are always positive even in times of troubles.

Sassy, good idea to have a’dig out’ every year. It ensures any clutter gets sorted.

Happy Birthday to our dear PJ.

Old 01-07-2023, 10:36 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  
Magsie

I had a bit of an episode yesterday Overs. I’ve posted about it in Whinys.
I choked on a piece of toast. Coughed uncontrollably to try to clear it. Very scary. Mr. Mags was at his mum’s, I text him to come home . By the time he got there I’d cleared the toast but lost my short term memory. He rang 111and they told him to take me to A&E. I was sort of shell shocked from all the coughing but also felt like I wasn’t there.

After triage had seen me and I’d not been able to answer simple questions I was in the waiting room waiting for the doctor to see me when my memory started coming back slowly.
Mr. Mags thought I’d had a seizure or stroke but after some cognitive examination by the doc he surmised it had been the lack of oxygen that had given memory loss.
I was sort of embarrassed when I asked Me. Mags where I was, in my home before going to hospital). Apparently I’d never heard of our village name or the one we lived in up to a few weeks ago.

I was pleased after the examination they said I’d not done any permanent damage and I could go home. I’ve been taking paracetamol as recommended for the pain in my chest, arms and back. Feeling very grateful that I come out of that episode with my memory back.

I won’t be eating toast for quite a while.

Love to all Overs. Have a good day my friends xxxx
Old 01-07-2023, 11:29 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

That's scary Mags! I am glad that you are doing better.

Best wishes all!
Old 01-07-2023, 11:40 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Mags, thats absolutely terrifying, what an awful experience. Thank goodness your ok, keep resting and hope the pain subsides soon.

Free, so sorry about your friends news, and that your eye is not good still. I love your pictures you post on SR, always so beautiful, I've never skied but it looks so much fun. Hope things get easier soon and glad your staying so positive.

Hi Serene 👋 and thank you.

Venus, yep WAYYY too much stuff lol.

Hi everyone else, having a relaxing day today, just pottering about the house, doing a nice dinner, time with the kids and prepping for the week ahead.
Overall the new year has started very well. I've advanced more towards achieving my goals in the last year than I have in the previous 10 put together! A new opportunity has opened up to me thanks to the hard work I've been putting in and I'm excited 😁. Hope everyone else is doing ok and has a lovely Sunday.
So happy to be in the overs!

Old 01-07-2023, 11:42 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
today is one of those ODAAT days...nothing bad about that ..
Nothing bad about that at all phoenix! Whatever it takes.
Old 01-08-2023, 04:02 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Yikes, that was really scary...

Have a good day (breathe a lot!)! ☼
Old 01-08-2023, 05:29 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Good grief, Mags That sounds incredibly scary!

Happy birthday, pj!

Free, sorry about your friend and your eye.

Hi Toots, SG, BritB, CK and everyone.

Even though I still have a “schedule”, it’s so loosey goosey that I get up sometime between 2 am and 9 am, etc. Sadly I sometimes miss posting (memory lapse) and notice it when I see a whole lot of posts. Just think of me as here in spirit

Have a Super Sunday
Old 01-08-2023, 06:19 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Again, SO VERY GLAD you are OK, dear Mags. ❤️

So much love, darling Sassy. ❤️

And that is hysterical, CK.

Old 01-08-2023, 06:22 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Britbird80 View Post
Mags, thats absolutely terrifying, what an awful experience. Thank goodness your ok, keep resting and hope the pain subsides soon.

Free, so sorry about your friends news, and that your eye is not good still. I love your pictures you post on SR, always so beautiful, I've never skied but it looks so much fun. Hope things get easier soon and glad your staying so positive.

Hi Serene 👋 and thank you.

Venus, yep WAYYY too much stuff lol.

Hi everyone else, having a relaxing day today, just pottering about the house, doing a nice dinner, time with the kids and prepping for the week ahead.
Overall the new year has started very well. I've advanced more towards achieving my goals in the last year than I have in the previous 10 put together! A new opportunity has opened up to me thanks to the hard work I've been putting in and I'm excited 😁. Hope everyone else is doing ok and has a lovely Sunday.
So happy to be in the overs!
Oh Brit—how exciting!!!! Can't wait to hear about whatever the new year is bringing you!! ❤️

I am starting my Cert in Professional Writing tomorrow, which is exciting for me.
Old 01-08-2023, 09:53 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Wow, Mags! Glad you're okay!

Suze, so excited for you!

Have a Super Sunday, overs!
Old 01-08-2023, 09:58 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Thank you.
And I am excited about your new book!

Boy did that start a fascinating conversation at my house. Whereas I loved a lot of the music from that era, my husband did not.
Old 01-08-2023, 10:00 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  
Magsie

All the best for tomorrow Suze.