Notices

180 Day Challenge Part 7

Old 10-29-2022, 03:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

180 Day Challenge Part 7

last part here:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-6-a-20.html (180 Day Challenge Part 6)

D
Old 10-29-2022, 05:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Shotgun!

🤓❤️🎉🎊🪅
Old 10-29-2022, 05:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dee! 🤓❤️

Ok, well, got home, got to a scale. Not too great, as my suspicions of tight pants weren’t false.

For me, it’s about changing my body landscape. Too many people mistake “weight” for just fat, but it’s muscle too.

Im seeing a surgeon for bunion surgery consult, Both feet need to be done, but y’a know, it’s never a good time to be down and out.

So, we did have a Hebrew National last night, with whole grain chips (that’s ok, right?, especially if ORGANIC?😁
and baked beans, and……..M&Ms. I was soo exhausted, felt hungover and drunk.

Finally slept, we are home until March, and we are headed into a marvelous weekend,

Exercise, going to see the lot, and enjoy the day. Maybe plant the wild seed it the snow melted and isn’t frozen, and work on sewing project.
Old 10-29-2022, 05:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

View of sunrise glow on Gore range yesterday morning as we were almost home, and the temp at the time I took pic.

Old 10-29-2022, 06:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great pic! Brrr.. haha. Glad you're back safe and sound. Sometimes it's good to just get back in the home routine for awhile. I always put on a few pounds when traveling and out of my comfort zone.

Off for a morning ride on the motorcycle with my buddy, then the election work, wishing all a great day and weekend!
Old 10-30-2022, 04:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welp, if I keep snacking at night, feeling guilty in the morning and having crappy sleep, something’s gotta change.

🧐🤨🤔
Old 10-30-2022, 01:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good morning 🌞

Dusty - sounds like you have been having some great quality time with your son. Fingers crossed for a realigned attitude from daughter. In my family dynamic it's the opposite as in my son's the harbinger of chaos lol. But he has his moments where I can see his true essence shine through from under the teenage doom and gloom. This morning as we were driving home from picking him up from work, Bohemian Rhapsody came on the radio, we both started singing in a synchronised duet style. It was refreshing and reminds me he's still in there somewhere. Even if deep, deep down 🤣.

dickensen - that's a long, full week 😳 I hope it's enjoyable and not too gruelling.

Advbike - it's great your not being harassed by the AV so much. It's strange how different things can trigger it. I always find the positive triggers perplexing, I think to myself, REALLY??!! I'm having a perfectly lovely time and you want to ruin it with your talk of alcohol 🤦.

Free - I had to google National Hebrew lol. I'm glad your home safe, and hoping you can get some decent rest. That's a beautiful pic! I'm sure once you get settled back in you'll get everything back into alignment. Getting over the initial hump can be tough though.

Having said that, I'm doing terribly with the healthy challenge. But I am making very small changes so will keep powering on after set backs. Sometimes it's frustrating to not be able to just click my fingers and dissolve these bad habits. I guess it's the same process of quitting drinking for me. Two steps forward one step back, but one day I'll get it!! It's a slog to get these neural pathways to reroute though!!

Best wishes to all

Old 10-30-2022, 01:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
over hung over

Morning.

Enjoyed the pictures, thankyou to both.
Monday morning arrives, grey humid and damp. Stuff to do this week.....
Did weekend ok.....Saturday, worked a long day on a workshop machine. I have a laser cutter. It needed a new laser tube, but due to covid, nobody could come and install it. So did it myself.....it wasn't that difficult, just needed to be careful. The tube itself is a very impressive piece of industrial glass blowing, with different tubes of gasses and electrodes inside, the outer glass is a water jacket to cool it. About 1500 long and runs on a very high voltage.
The difficult bit is getting the beam that comes out to turn through 90 degrees in 3 different directions, using mirrors. What makes it even more fun is that the mirrors move all over the bed to provide the cutting beam where needed. The beam has to be right in every spot.
So....spent a long Sat burning pinholes in bits of masking tape and making tiny adjustments to mirrors, moving the head, doing it again, over and over.
Still isnt right, but have read some more about it, so will try again nxt long Sat.
Its very physical activity. A lot of bending, crouching leaning, moving around and repetitive. Sat nite, sat there with a takeout and v tired. Good sleep. But a way of chasing off the Sat afternoon craves. By 3.30 - 4.00 and it was just make thru to 6 or 7 and it'll be ok. Really did go in 10 minute increments for a while there. Its not easy. Weeks are ok, but Sats and Sun afternoons are a push.
Just have to get into something demanding. Hope that this will eventually fade, its what gets me drinking again every time.
So...new week....

Have some work to be going on with....have been trying to get a biz idea off the ground over last months. Which isn't easy either, so this week try a different tack, maybe on a smaller scale.

All the best everybody....later
Old 10-30-2022, 02:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Pline - that laser cutter repairs sound fascinating, maybe tedious but precision tasks like that are great for distracting. Good job getting through the hard parts. Sounds a sensible approach breaking the business idea down as well.
Old 10-30-2022, 03:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Some great updates here. I had a long day yesterday - unloaded some personal stuff to my buddy, who is a bit older , a Vietnam vet, total adventurer, with a really great perspective on things. Then went on to do my 3 hour election canvassing, which turned into 6. But quite rewarding and not too many wackos. And in the campaign headquarters I re-connected with a couple people I know from the two places I've had homes here, which was really great. So when I got home I was emotionally exhausted, ate like a pig, and went to bed. Today has been the housework which didn't get done yesterday, and I'm hoping to get out on the bicycle shortly. Just don't know if I have the energy - I walked a lot yesterday since homes are kind of far apart here -- Well okay, I'm just doing some trimming outside - much less strenuous and more enjoyable.

Free, I understand about the body landscape thing. According to my BMI, I am in the "overweight" category.. but there is no one who would look at me and think that, as my body fat is pretty low and what I do have goes on pretty evenly. But because I'm somewhat stocky and have big legs from all the cycling, I weigh more, especially for my height. I would still like to lose 5-10 lbs though.. any more than that would probably not be healthy, nor look good.

Zura, it sounds like you still have a good connection with your son. That's so important. Mine got kind of bad with my mom for a few years when I was around 18-21, smoking pot and being a deadbeat, and acting out quite a bit. Not emotionally healthy at all although I worked and had a car. Couldn't hack college so dropped out. Took 10 years to get back to it.

Pline, what a project! I absolutely would not have the patience for that as I have a very low frustration tolerance. I do get the part about the physical exertion to some degree - when I work on the motorcycle or certain types of home projects I'm amazed at the stress on unused muscles, especially squatting down - so hard on my knees. But 40 miles on the bike no problem, lol.

Ok, getting pinged, must be morning in the Philippines, lol. All Souls Day weekend, so she's on the other island visiting the cemetery and checking on the house project. A bad typhoon swept through the past few days and killed many from landslides. The rain is so much more intense now.

Best to all.

Old 10-30-2022, 09:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Tea at 0400

Breakfast as above aroun 0800. 5 mile 800f v walk with hubby noontime

Lunch= Greek yogurt smoothies, plain, nonfat with flax and chia seed, cinnamon, 1/2 banana and 1/4 C frozen berries. Yummy!

Stretched, did a couple of planks.

Dinner at friends, Balsamic dressing on mixed greens, Craisins, candied pecans, chopped cilantro, shredded carrot, and purple onion. A small slice of homemade pizza, one pepperoni piece over cheese.

Old 10-31-2022, 02:40 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Good morning 🌞

Advbike - my thoughts are with those affected by the Typhon, hoping everything is ok at your build site!

Free - that all looks and sounds wonderful! Living your best life 😊.

Nothing interesting to report here, just plodding along. AV has been practically non existent for quite some time, which is lovely. I suppose I do get some thoughts here and there, but they just pass through my mind ignored like they're not even there. I think that's probably a good sign.

Hope everyone is having a good week so far 😊.
Old 10-31-2022, 05:45 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Today we went to the beautiful Georgian city of Bath and the house where Mary Shelley wrote Frankenstein.
A group of actors and artists had transformed the house into an exhilarating haunted experience, with actors dressed in various costumes jumping out from dark corners and appearing in dimly lit corridors. Rather amusingly both children, (usually so cynical and dismissive of anything 'scary'), were utterly terrified! I laughed and laughed, inwardly of course and thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing.

Rather more seriously we went round the Roman baths which were amazing and drank the water, which tasted sulphurous and warm. Followed by great cafe and raspberry slice with cream and coffee which didn't taste at all sulphurous, thank goodness.

All this was to keep daughter off the streets on Halloween - but it was worth it!

Still one day of school holidays left....Then I will start on some changes to how I keep healthy.
Free - I have never been able to do a plank!

I have 4 huge pumpkins left over from Halloween. Maybe I should try pumpkin soup.

Best wishes to all.

Bets wishes to all.
Old 10-31-2022, 07:44 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks Zura. 98 dead so far. Tragedies are very common in the Philippines. Climate change makes the rain and flooding worse and the sad thing is they had nothing to do with causing it - it is the rich countries that have emitted most of the carbon. The poor countries have to suffer.

Dusty, I usually carve a pumpkin, put a candle in it , then place it in front - great fun, but a dreadful waste, as the candle taints the pumpkin meat. But I love the fun of it and do roast the seeds with paprika and turmeric - delicious and got a good batch this time. Sounds like a great time in Bath!

Old 10-31-2022, 09:18 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

that was bkfst. 5 mile fast walk with hubby. 1C baked beans for lunch. Halloween spaghetti with meat tomato basil sauce, and a few bites of homemade failed jalapeño cheddar bread.

Shingles shot.

Surgeon Consult am for bunions

Exhausted. Night all

BTW Dr scale 4 pounds LIGHTER than mine, WTH
Old 11-01-2022, 02:40 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
over hung over

Morning.

Dusty.....Bath, you took me back to the past there for a few moments. I had family living outside Bath, we'd go there when in UK.
Beautiful city. Walking along icy canal paths, long time ago now. All the family now gone.

Watching awful Phil scenes on the teev last nite. Recall flying over it....thick lush green and mountainous, low grey cloud. Frequently there would be huge gashes in the hillsides where the earth had just collapsed away under the torrential rainfall. They cop it constantly...about 20 odd typhoons a year. Have happy memories of my time there....working in the room with the afternoon rain pouring down in the courtyard outside. It was a good time. Pre covid....all another world all gone too.

So, back to the moment. Nice morning, stuff to do, not entirely broke yet so there's some hope lol.

Trying to keep to a daily structure, work the afternoons and do domestic stuff in the mornings. I worked for a couple of years with a guy who was always telling me 'he lived for his work' while constantly pushing at me to go longer and harder. Told him he was lucky to be able to live in that way. Guy long term married, never had to lift a finger domestically, house run, everyday ends with a couple of beers in a bar on the way home then drive home sit down and have a meal put on the table in front of him. He had no idea of domestic maintenance and how much is involved. Sat in the car with him one evening, stopped at the lights. Phone ringing he ignores it "Just the missus wanting to know what I want for my tea". I sat there thoughtfully. I'd give a lot to have someone call me up wanting to know that. Other people's lives.

So lately I've been mulling over the positives of the solitary life. Its mentally a lot easier without alcohol. You can enjoy guiltless selfishness. You dont have to make the slightest allowance for the feelings and needs of others. Nothing needs to be negotiated.
As the Phil girls will say, when the question is difficult, "up to you"..... Its probably not particularly conducive to developing you into an empathic caring person, but there it is. As the saying goes: "Fail we may, sail we must"

Later
Old 11-01-2022, 05:01 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Good morning 🌞

Dusty - that excursion sounds awesome! How fantastic to visit the site of where Frankenstein was written!! Good thinking getting the kids out and about.

Advbike - that's very sad news from the Phillipines, makes one reflect on how easy one has it. On less somber topics, I love the Halloween lantern and the spiced roasted pumpkin seeds is genius. I might try that some time.

Free - very inspiring to hear how your keeping on track. 4 pounds lighter? Ha, I'd take that 😜.

Pline - sounds like things are going quite well for you. It's funny how people don't realise how good they have it and take it for granted. I can't tell you how many times Ive wished I had a 'wife' after a hard days work and still having to contend with kids, housework and dinner 😂. But your right there are certain advantages to living solo. Love the saying at the end of your post, it's one I haven't heard before.

The need for balance has been highlighted for me lately. I tend to work myself into the ground then have to rest up for a couple of days..... which then triggers an emotional funk that takes a few days to right with physical activity again lol. Note to self.... BALANCE 🤦. It's so enjoyable for me to get out there and smash projects but it's that whole equilibrium thing that neuro doc I mentioned touches on. You swing too far into pleasure, there's an equal backswing into pain. Makes sense from a scientific viewpoint. What goes up, must come down!

​​​​​Best finish up today's project so I can get ready for my daughter visiting. She's moving away in a couple of weeks to get settled in before starting uni next year. I'm going to miss her deeply. But I'm also excited for her and pleased she's found her sense of independence so well. It's led to her partner branching out into his dream career. Feels like it's meant to be that he got the job he wanted in the town she'll be studying in and there's a store she can transfer to as well. Love it when things work out so well for people like that. Also, they'll be staying with her partners relatives initially so it's a nice transition to living away from home too. Lot's of odds going in their favour!

Anyway, have a great day all ❤️.
Old 11-01-2022, 07:24 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Just got back from a fast 24 mile ride on the bike, was minding my own business and some clown about 10 years younger passed me, lol. Well the look he gave me as he passed didn't sit well, so it was on. I reeled him in within half a mile, passed him and left him behind, but he chased for several miles. Felt great as I hadn't been on my faster bike in a while and I have been dealing with some anxiety which is now entirely gone. Cooking a healthy dinner of chicken breasts, brown rice and sauteed kale - penance for the candy I ate last night, haha.

Free my ex wife had a "bunionectomy", or whatever it was called. She had both done same time, so was pretty helpless for a couple weeks? I don't really remember, but I do remember carrying her around the campsite in the high Sierra a week or so later when we were camping with friends and the terrain was really rough. It did help her and gave an improvement. And very nice to find out your scale errs on the conservative side.

Pline, yes, flying over the Philippine archipelago (7500 islands) is amazing, isn't it? I'm always amazed by the clouds in the tropics, something I picked up from my dad, who spent most of his career there, in places like Thailand, Philippines, New Guinea, Malaysia etc. The daily structure helps me too. As you say, it's easy to get lazy, especially when we live alone. I have recently started cleaning more - my house had become kind of a pigpen, although it doesn't help that I cook every meal at home now, which of course makes a mess. But the part I don't like is I isolate too much, then when I have social interactions, like with the latest campaign support, I'm kind of anxious and it's stressful. There's a big event later on this week and I'm not getting near the place. Way too many people, and drinking, for comfort.

Zura, glad you are trying to find some balance. It's hard for us isn't it? I always appreciate how the Filipino and Mexican laborers pace themselves. Slow and steady all day long, even in the heat. If it's not finished today, then.. mañana. It's something we can learn from. I can really learn from that as I will go until late if on a project that isn't completed. Until the point of exhaustion, like you. And glad your daughter is doing well - that must be so rewarding! By the way, these dang pumpkin seeds are beyond delicious - I can't stop munching on them.

Well, dinner is getting cold - have to eat. Best to all.
Old 11-01-2022, 07:46 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Oh, I liked that quote also, Pline. Fantastic one.
Old 11-01-2022, 09:26 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Yummy yogurt bkfst, fruit, granola, coffe.

beef jerky, carrot and celery sticks. 2 pars on nine holes of golf

most ran to cat and ball, 18 holes cart path only.

Stretched, DONT need surgery. Just expensive orthotics.

night all