Notices

Class Of February 2022 Part 3

Old 03-19-2022, 01:57 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I did....panic, that is. I did not like it at all Leshar.
Old 03-19-2022, 03:08 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Administrator

there are ones without lids
D
Old 03-19-2022, 03:27 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Oh wow....I would definitely like that.
Old 03-19-2022, 06:15 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I’m very happy you did not succumb to the voice Be123. It is a struggle at times. Sometimes I’m amazed I forgot about it after it speaks. I went almost 4 years without that monster. It is a beast!
Old 03-19-2022, 11:46 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Morning all. Lovely sunny day. Kids arrive her about 10:30, we'll do a food shop and I've got a roast in mine, so a nice Sunday hopefully

Have a good one all
Old 03-20-2022, 06:37 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hi all, hi Ben, you sound much better!
Just sitting here enjoying my morning coffee. Tonight I reduce my evening ativan further. Feeling a bit blah and I wonder if it's due to the reducing regimen. Sleep is okish. Tend to wake in the early hours, but thankfully no major anxiety. Those early morning waking hours after drinking were so horrible. I'm more worried about my mood going down which is why my first Psychiatrist would not take me off ativan. Maybe it's a transition thing. I so want off it.
Old 03-20-2022, 01:48 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Do you take the Ativan for anxiety, leshar, or for another purpose (with it helping the anxiety as a side effect)?

Winding down for bed - night all
Old 03-20-2022, 03:08 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Ben, quite some years ago I was started on yet another antidepressant and fortunately it helped. The downside was awful insomnia hence the doctor put me on ativan. He would never take .me off it, even after that antidepressant stopped working.
Old 03-21-2022, 12:46 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Ah, I see. I hope it doesn't throw your sleep patterns too much. Let us know how it goes.

Slept quite well, had an odd thing where I fell asleep about 9:30 and woke up at 9:48, but convinced I'd been asleep for hours. Very disorientating

Today I'm WFH all day after taking kids to school. It's gonna be a nice day weather wise so I hope to get a good walk in
Old 03-21-2022, 03:40 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Popping in early this morning. I woke up several times the last 2 nights thinking the alarm had gone off. Was happy it hadn’t and was able to get back to sleep. I went to bed very early last night so I have decided to stay up. I’m off work today but have a daycare run during the week with my 4 year old Gdaughter. My son drops her off at 5:30 AM.

No floating for me. I panic in water and never learned how to swim. There is nothing to hold onto in water!

A good Monday to all.
Old 03-21-2022, 07:58 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hi all, hi Valentine. Lots of Epsom salt in the pod to keep you floating and you can have the lid open or closed. But I've changed my mind. I don't think soaking that long, 30 minutes to an hour would be good for my skin, ie psoriasis.
Hope all have a good sober day!
Old 03-21-2022, 10:16 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

I realized after posting here earlier that I’d already told you guys my morning schedule! Duh. I have knots in my stomach and did think of drinking. My boss texted me this morning to come in at 3:00 for a visit. A visit on a day off doesn’t seem very positive to me. It could have waited till I was there on a work day if it’s not bad news. I don’t know what it’s about! I’m horrible with excel and the full time receptionist just kept doing it. I’m not looking forward to this at all!
Old 03-21-2022, 10:50 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

That is kind of stressful love: I am sorry. But you know what will make it really bad? Drinking. I know you won't do that. s ❤️

I think if it was me, I would be realistic, as you are being and prepare. We can look up Excel courses. (We can even do one together).
I think that if he is concerned about your Excel skills, having a plan to fix that might help. xxxxxxxxxx

EDIT: Microsoft has a free course. Also an advanced one, also a certificate program.
If you are a MAC girl, I am betting we can find Excel course there as well.

Yes....MAC has them as well. ❤️
Old 03-21-2022, 11:43 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Thanks Venus. I work at a car dealership as a part time receptionist for 18-26 hours but averaging 35 hours a week recently. I’ve been there 4 1/2 months and nothing has been said. All I do is sit, answer the phone and transfer people. I’d rather be fired by text or phone for sure. I don’t know of anything I’ve hosed up. This is not been a good day off!

l have taken a non addictive anxiety pill. I would end up fired if I drank before the “visit”. My mind went to **** faced drunk after it if I’m fired. Then I thought I will have enough anxiety with adding booze. This sucks!
Old 03-21-2022, 11:50 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Love ~ I don't think you are going to get fired. And honestly, it sounds like you could get another receptionist job in a heartbeat. They get pretty cheeky when they hire you as a receptionist, and then expect the spreadsheets to be done. That is all kinds of wrong.

Whatever happens, we are here for you. All the way.
Old 03-21-2022, 11:57 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Valentine, hope your meeting wasn't the outcome you feared. Whatever happens, stay cool and don't let the av win!
Old 03-21-2022, 12:28 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Thank you guys. After the visit I will be filling up the car and driving straight home no matter what. I will be hanging out on SR a lot also. I despise the alcohol voice. I’ll post when it’s over.
Old 03-21-2022, 01:43 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

I feel for you Valentine. I hope your meeting is not as bad as you are expecting.

Night to everyone else
Old 03-21-2022, 01:48 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Nite Ben. ❤️
Old 03-21-2022, 03:36 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Well it did not get better. My P/T that turned into full time position has been eliminated. The other receptionist will be back to recepting. I had wondered why they were paying out for 2 of us. She wanted to work in accounting but has no experience so they hired me so she could help upstairs and get experience. Now she’s back downstairs and I’m out the door. My ex boss felt bad and I can use her for a reference. I finally had hope I was digging out financially from the past 2 years. I’m at a loss now and will start looking again. My supplemental retirement is done and social security kicks in May 19th. This hurts! It’s strange how people won’t look you in the eye on your way out. I was invisible. This too shall pass and all that good stuff but it really sucks.