Notices

Class Of February 2022 Part 3

Old 03-10-2022, 12:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class Of February 2022 Part 3

Last part here:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-two-20.html (Class Of February 2022 Part Two)

D
Old 03-10-2022, 01:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee
Old 03-10-2022, 11:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Morning all. Woke up early with really bad anxiety but managed to drop back off for a bit so feel not-too-bad now.

Got work this morning, then helping my partner set up her house for her daughters birthday sleepover () and then will spend the evening home alone. I'm quite looking forward to that, will choose something nice to eat.

Have a great day
Old 03-11-2022, 04:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Bloody hell - day 34 and my alcoholic voice has decided to pipe up!!

Interesting why it's happened today. I was hungry earlier and delayed my breakfast; I woke up anxious at 3:30am; I had an emotionally tough therapy session yesterday; I had a good long cry today. Any of these could be the reason.

The way I deal with the AV is to acknowledge its existence, note it, see if there's an obvious reason why it's turned up; then let it go. I'll do that now
Old 03-11-2022, 05:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Be, wow, good for you! It sounds like yesterday was a tough day. I think a good cry is often cathartic. Better than trying to drown feelings in alcohol. I hope you have a better afternoon and evening.
I'm starting the long desired process with my Psychiatrist to taper off ativan. It's going to be tough, but he agrees with me to come off it. My last Psychiatrist didn't want me to come off it, said I would become more depressed. I take only a small dose at bedtime but it leaves me with an unpleasant knocked out feeling. So took 25% less last night. I'm pretty apprehensive but I really want to do this.
Have a good meal this evening Be!
Old 03-11-2022, 11:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I looked up Ativan, leshar. How long have you been taking it? And how do you feel about coming off it?

Feel free not to answer if you don't want, I'm being curious and friendly rather than nosey!

I wish you the best with it, sounds like your doctor is on the case 👍👍
Old 03-11-2022, 02:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Be, far too long. Years. My former psychiatrist started it because I had terrible insomnia with an antidepressant. I'm not on that any longer but he wouldn't take me off Ativan because he said it was helping the depression. I really don't like being on it. Fortunately my current Psychiatrist is willing to help me get off it. I am worried, of course, about the process, but I'm under good medical care. I hope the process will be less problematic without alcohol on board. Thanks for your concern!
Old 03-11-2022, 02:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best wishes Leshar - you can do this!

D
Old 03-11-2022, 04:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks Venus! That was a surprise to me. It’s a long family history with violence and addiction but everything looked fine on the outside for the most part until it didn’t! Anyway I appreciate the compliment.

It was a long straight thru 9 hour workday. I am starting to build up a resentment about my coworker. I really need to stand up for myself assertively and not take offense. Another thing to work on. I did briefly feel sorry for myself not being allowed a Friday night pint. I’m having ice cream instead.

Hope everyone had a good Friday.
Old 03-11-2022, 10:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Morning valentine and leshar. Welcome back Sam - I know you'd rather not have gone and returned but you are welcome here

This morning I'm going to do some house chores, then watch a bit of my sons football match, then shop and cook as we've got a group of people coming round this evening. They will drink alcohol; I will not; and that doesn't bother me at all. My only concern is how to get rid of them when I want my sober bed, but I'll plan that this afternoon!

Have a good day all
Old 03-12-2022, 05:19 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Ha, Be, that's funny about your guests! I hope it's a good evening!
Thanks, Dee. It would be wonderful to be rid of ativan.
No particular plans today, other than house stuff and groceries. Tomorrow I'm visiting friends I haven't seen since Christmas. I'm looking forward to this. They live on a large rural property and we usually go for a walk in their woods.
Happy Saturday all!
Old 03-12-2022, 11:23 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Morning all. Had a good evening with everyone round. I felt uncomfortable a few times as plans were made for future events (all involving alcohol) but on reflection this is silly - I had a good time not drinking and will gladly do this again. My partner is taking all left over alcohol with her today, and I didn't miss drinking AT ALL during the evening.

Lazy morning then my son to football this afternoon, then my brother and his new baby are coming round early evening. Nice day

Have a good one everyone
Old 03-13-2022, 11:17 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, just a quick check in--still here, still sober. Feeling pretty good, actually :-)
Old 03-13-2022, 12:11 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

That's good to hear Sam. Glad you feel good. Use it to charge your sober batteries!!!!

My sons team beat the undefeated, top of the league team 1-0 this afternoon, my son playing a stormer. Very proud...I had to referee as they didn't have one but I enjoy that and liked being praised by both coaches at the end for being very fair (made a few mistakes but made them equally against both teams 😂😂 ).

My brother and his wife came round with their baby (7 weeks). I fell out with him last year bedside he backed my parents against me and I told him to do one...I've gently tried to get back in touch. There's a lot of damage done on both sides but the fact they came shows willing on this and my part. The baby is lush and I enjoyed cuddling him
Old 03-13-2022, 02:39 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi all,
way to go, Be junior!
Lovely visit with friends but the visiting and time change has left me in need a nap!
Old 03-13-2022, 04:28 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

It looks like we all had a nice weekend. I had my 4 year old granddaughter yesterday afternoon and did all my errands this morning. I’ll see in the morning at 4:00 maybe 4:30 how the time change feels. Yuck!

Hope we all sleep well tonight.
Old 03-13-2022, 10:54 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Morning valentine, leshar and Sam. Early starts for you valentine, I naturally wake up super early too

Ive got quite a few work meetings today, then kids this evening including my sons football training where I intend to walk up the hill again. Gonna cook meatballs too which is his favourite, and they're easy to reheat when we dash in after football.

Have a great day all
Old 03-13-2022, 11:04 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Good morning Be, Sam, Leshar, Dee, valentine and everybody else!
I haven’t posted over the weekend so I’m a bit behind with all the news.
I’ve had a relaxing time with my kids. I overdid my strength workout on Saturday and now I’m struggling to walk! The squats and star jumps didn’t hurt at the time. Now I feel about 90!
Anyway, have a great Monday everybody. I’m off to the office soon ☕️💕
Old 03-14-2022, 06:08 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi all,
Sue, do you train at home, or at a gym? I'm considering joining a gym again now that restrictions are easing.
I've had unpleasant dreams since beginning to taper off ativan but at least sleep is ok so far. Not drinking dreams, but themes of being ostracized which was a very real thing for me in my youth. Ppl just didn't accept my quiet nature and I used alcohol to try and fit in. Big mistake. I think sobriety will allow me to be my real self and accept who I am. I was lucky for many years with my husband who had a similar temperament and supported me always. It's been a big adjustment alone. But I will get there!
Hope everyone is ticking along nicely!
Old 03-14-2022, 06:27 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leshar View Post
Hi all,
Sue, do you train at home, or at a gym? I'm considering joining a gym again now that restrictions are easing.
I've had unpleasant dreams since beginning to taper off ativan but at least sleep is ok so far. Not drinking dreams, but themes of being ostracized which was a very real thing for me in my youth. Ppl just didn't accept my quiet nature and I used alcohol to try and fit in. Big mistake. I think sobriety will allow me to be my real self and accept who I am. I was lucky for many years with my husband who had a similar temperament and supported me always. It's been a big adjustment alone. But I will get there!
Hope everyone is ticking along nicely!
Hi Leshar

I train at home. I used to go to a gym before lockdown, but if I’m truthful, I hated it and it was always a struggle to get myself there. When lockdown hit I invested in a smart bike and signed up to the peloton platform. I can now safely say I’m addicted to it! I do about five spin classes and five yoga/pilates/strength classes each week. I keep track of all my metrics via the app and I just love having the freedom to train properly,but in my own time and in private.