Notices

Class of March Support Thread 2021 Part One

Old 03-19-2021, 02:57 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  

And so, with no further ado, I’ll let the cat out the bag and say that I’m on day 3 but feeling strong. I agree there’s no reason for shame and that no one loses unless we give up.
Old 03-19-2021, 03:14 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Originally Posted by CaptainHaddock View Post
And so, with no further ado, I’ll let the cat out the bag and say that I’m on day 3 but feeling strong. I agree there’s no reason for shame and that no one loses unless we give up.
I wholeheartedly agree. There is no reason for shame. Good on you for coming back and coming clean. Proud of you. Keep up the good work!
Old 03-19-2021, 04:52 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Hi class. It's day 1. My last day 1.

Feeling ok today. Took some Ativan for the hangover. Ate a healthy breakfast and went for a run.

Hope everyone is keeping well.
Old 03-19-2021, 05:08 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by becky7 View Post
Hi everyone,
I'm so thankful for another day sober, reading your posts and joining in. So far my posts have been a couple of hours after the time my brain is used to my drinking. No idea if it's fear of failure or a worry if I say something my brain will work against me and I'll end up drinking that I don't post earlier. I've read these forums on and off for several years and they helped me string together 2, 3, and even 6 months but I only posted a couple of times and really want this time to be different. It has probably been a year or more since I've had 7 sober days in a row.
I say post as much as you can dear Becky.
And so happy you have another sober day.....go girI!!! s ❤️
Old 03-19-2021, 05:09 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MantaLady View Post
Becky, Willow, I have done the exact same and not posted as I don’t want to have to admit I have failed again. I am almost sick of hearing myself say the same things and then picking up again. But like Willow I am really trying to make sure I post now x
And I am so gIad you are posting more dear Manta. s ❤️
Old 03-19-2021, 05:10 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

ExactIy. s

WeIcome back dear Captain!! s ❤️

And goodnight WiIIow and I hope you got your assignment finished Iixie!! s ❤️
Old 03-19-2021, 05:11 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

That's so true.
Old 03-19-2021, 05:12 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

I reaIIy want this to be your Iast day 1 dear FF. With you AII the way. s xx ❤️
Old 03-19-2021, 05:17 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I reaIIy want this to be your Iast day 1 dear FF. With you AII the way. s xx ❤️
I think it will be. I'm arming my recovery toolbox and taking it seriously this time.

Over the last few weeks I've been drinking pepsi and pretending there's vodka in it. Gives me some calm. But I'm not going to do that anymore. I accept that alcohol has no place in my life.
Old 03-19-2021, 05:29 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Hi ff and CH! A least were here and we haven’t given up!! x
Old 03-19-2021, 05:57 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Hi FF and captainHaddock, I agree with mantalady. Being here is progress, however you got here. Becky7 well done on day 7, that is awesome. It's good to hear from you whenever you want to check in.

Halfway through day 12 here and I woke up with a headache and feeling kind of sluggish. But sober! Being sober helps with everything. I had a tricky situation at work yesterday and didn't get even half as upset about it as I would have done previously. Although there is a bit of a squall brewing with my kids' father and I am starting to doubt if the stance I am taking is the right one. I've had years of my judgement being impaired by the booze wrt personal decisions (I was always ok at work which makes me think part of that was self selecting/self sabotage). So now I have less trust in myself.

I've discussed the particular situation with my friends and sister and they agree I'm doing the right thing. Plus I guess I know I'm acting in good faith ie trying to make the best decision I can. But it's upsetting my children, the outcome, so it's hard to stick to my guns.
Old 03-19-2021, 06:09 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

I hope you're getting a good rest Willow and thank you for your lovely comment. I have been really tired since I stopped too. And my dreams are crazy! Anyone else finding that? It's like having a whole other day when I go to sleep.

Phoebe94 congratulations! I think willow brought up a really interesting and helpful idea, about finding your joy. We all have a lot more time to use now, so many opportunities to find something that fulfills us and enriches us. What did you used to like doing before the booze? When you think of activities that you see people doing, which makes you think : wow, that looks like fun? If you could design a day's schedule starting from a blank page, what would you put in it? Maybe that could spark some ideas for you?
Old 03-19-2021, 06:20 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
How are you dear BTG? s xx ❤️
Hi. I'm struggling, as always. Made it 20 days and then slipped during a mini vacation. I didn't even want to drink. Now it's been a week and I'm back on day 1. Everytime I come back I feel stronger in my resolve, like I've learned something new...like how to navigate a situation that i had previously failed at. I haven't been totally off the rails, (not making excuses, i know i can't drink) obviously i need to amp up my tools/plan especially around 3 weeks. Thanks for checking in on me, I'm still here, fighting for a new life.
Old 03-19-2021, 06:53 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

ReaIIy happy to see you dear BTG, and gIad you are amassing those tooIs.
Onward together!! ❤️
Old 03-19-2021, 07:08 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Ok, I think I got a little confused, but read more closely and realize we have 2 captains. 😁. Welcome CH, and thanks for the suggestions CC. I think my problem is feeling joy, of lack of it. Nothing is exciting me. I think it’s covid depression combined with post alcoholic mood issues. I think once the weather is more consistently warm, and I get more time outside, I will improve. There’s still nothing going on here, as far as human connection, like classes, clubs, gyms, at least not that I feel safe doing.

FF, and BTG, glad to see you guys here posting.

Old 03-19-2021, 07:23 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

We've been invited to my BIL's birthday and we went to the liquor store to get him a present. My partner bought a bottle of prosecco and asked if I wanted anything, and I said no. There's going to be heavy drinking tonight, but I'll be the designated driver. I feel strong and in control.
Old 03-19-2021, 07:27 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Phoebe Iove ~ maybe you couId go to a garden center and get some new pots and pIants?
It might make you feeI good. Even just Iooking at aII of the new pIants! s
Old 03-19-2021, 09:36 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

That’s a nice idea, V. I think it’s still too cold/unpredictable outside, and there’s some concern of the dog munching on indoor plants. But maybe some cut flowers might be nice. I really don’t go shopping much...just due to pandemic, but just a few weeks more until the second shot. In very grateful for that, and willing to be patient. It’s just boring. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Old 03-19-2021, 09:55 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

OK.....next idea. Make a 'phoebe' cookbook. You can give copies to your kids. s
Old 03-19-2021, 10:25 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Day 2

Hi All,

I know it's late in the month, but I'd like to join this class. Currently on Day 2 and could use the support instead of waiting until April. I was in the January class and managed to get 20+ days for the first time in many years. Basically a lifelong drinker that started out as binge drinking and devolved to daily drinking and then day drinking. Just signed up for SMART to try to augment SR and talking to a counselor.

Thanks!