Notices

Class of January 2021 part three

Old 01-19-2021, 12:21 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Just finished a run 5k or as he calls it a fast walk with my son (granted i did walk most of it) in the pouring rain and we were both soaked. To tired now for anything only a shower and off to bed.

Thankyou again everyone for all your help and encouragement.

Old 01-19-2021, 12:45 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  
Administrator

I’m sorry for your loss Relena.

D
Old 01-19-2021, 12:46 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats to everyone hitting a milestone today, no matter what it is.

D
Old 01-19-2021, 12:54 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by relena View Post
I lost another person I knew to OD a few days ago. There was another one last year, both opioids. We were friends for a short period of time when we were still in elementary school. It's just crazy because I went to the same schools as these people from 2nd - 12th grade, we lived in a nice safe suburb. I never knew anyone that used drugs, a lot participated in pot smoking and drinking at parties and that was it.

It's just awful. After I heard the news I picked my baby up and held her for as long as she would allow me to.
relena, so very sorry for your loss. But awesome that your response was to hold your baby. Can feel the squirmy little package filling up your heart as you grieve.
Old 01-19-2021, 01:12 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Oh thank you guys .. I haven't seen either of them in over a decade. It just broke my heart to hear the news.

My life has been really uneventful, which is a good thing in many ways. Hope you're all doing well.
Old 01-19-2021, 02:34 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Relent, that’s terribly sad. I’m sorry.

Well, I’m still needing Advil for aches, and have a little cough, but I’m feeling much better today, and had two negative covid tests. They wanted to re test me today, because the nurse that talked to me yesterday thought it a good idea, since I was still sick, and to help me decide on if I need a 14 day quarantine. So, good news!

18 days.

BTG, I think some stability in your life might help. It sounds like so much anger is coming at you, and so much fighting. It’s got to be so hard, but, fighting is so upsetting to kids too. Been there as a kid...

Erratic, I’m rooting for you! I hope you can gain some traction. 💕

I can’t remember everyone’s names and stories when catching up on 3 pages, lol. But, great on all the good changes like running, swims, healthier eating, introspection, and hugs and love to those struggling. This is hard work.

I’ve dropped a few pounds being sick, just not a huge appetite. I’ll take it. Hopefully I’ll feel up to a walk tomorrow. It doesn’t need to be a power walk, but some fresh air would be good.
Old 01-19-2021, 03:11 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Sending healing love dearest Phoebe. s ❤️❤️
Old 01-19-2021, 06:18 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Phobe and rose.....i hope you feel better. Drink some honey ginger tea....works for me.

AL way to go on 50 days. That is a nice number.

Still plugging a long here. I can see changes happening. Some are so small, you would have to be perfectly sober to even notice. Thank God I'm giving myself the chance to see again. I am also thinking about some of the people I hurt along the way. I can ask for forgiveness and try to move on. Some the the hurt is real when you are sober. At least feeling sad or happy is better than numb. Learning to sit within your emotions instead of running from them is a new concept. Jeeezz, at my age you would think you would have this figured out. I suppose patience is what is required.

I like my sober calendar on my phone. It says 83.3% to 1 month sober. Im going to make sure that says 100%.

Have a nice night ya'll
Old 01-19-2021, 07:10 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AL48 View Post
Its official. Today marks my longest stretch sober for 3 years. 50 days today.
Bravo AL! Great work reaching 50 days. Keep it going.

Old 01-19-2021, 07:27 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Another one bites the dust! 19 awesome, productive, AF days. Down 5 pounds and getting used to a busy and regimented schedule. It’s working.... filling every minute of the day with intentional work, fun, chores, tasks, exercise, etc. ....kind of like a zero-dollar budget—every minute has a purpose from morning to night.

Hope you all are well! Hang in there and stay positive. You are worth it.

B
Old 01-19-2021, 07:34 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WhiskeyBent View Post

Still plugging along here. I can see changes happening. Some are so small, you would have to be perfectly sober to even notice. Thank God I'm giving myself the chance to see again. At least feeling sad or happy is better than numb. Learning to sit within your emotions instead of running from them is a new concept.

I like my sober calendar on my phone. It says 83.3% to 1 month sober. Im going to make sure that says 100%.
WB: You are indeed "perfectly sober" to notice those changes. That line makes me laugh but so true. I have no doubt you will hit that 100%.

Old 01-19-2021, 08:57 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by relena View Post
I lost another person I knew to OD a few days ago. There was another one last year, both opioids. We were friends for a short period of time when we were still in elementary school. It's just crazy because I went to the same schools as these people from 2nd - 12th grade, we lived in a nice safe suburb. I never knew anyone that used drugs, a lot participated in pot smoking and drinking at parties and that was it.

It's just awful. After I heard the news I picked my baby up and held her for as long as she would allow me to.
Just saw this, so sorry to read this. I lost a dear friend from alcoholism in 2019. She drank herself to death. It was extremely painful for her family, as we all tried to help her countless times. It was a painful lesson in what can happen to those we love. Sending you a virtual hug.
Old 01-20-2021, 03:50 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BEELS View Post
19 awesome, productive, AF days. Down 5 pounds and getting used to a busy and regimented schedule. It’s working.... filling every minute of the day with intentional work, fun, chores, tasks, exercise, etc. —every minute has a purpose from morning to night.
Such a great post BEELS. Isn't it wonderful to feel such energy, wellness and intention in your day? I'm grinning for you.

Old 01-20-2021, 04:56 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

How is everyone else doing?? Up, down, sideways ... we've all been there. Keep checking in.

I'm also feeling more productive, better focus at work, calmer overall. Mental stability is always the thing I want most fiercely. Everything else flows from there. I'm on day 15 and this time around I'm not feeling the heavy grief and loss I felt with other times I quit. There is nothing left to miss. I pray I don't forget that because I know the "lies" the AV can churn out.

Today I'm going to tackle a closet that looks a shambles. I need to get some storage containers and buy some groceries too. I'm out of Fresca and cranberry juice. Also love sparkling water. Gotta keep those good beverages well stocked. And can I just say how much I love my new bathtub? Need to splurge on some bubble bath and epsom salts too.

Old 01-20-2021, 05:00 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

❤️
Old 01-20-2021, 05:10 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Good morning on day 2. Feels like another duvet day. It's early days yet. I'll climb out of bed and start my life when I'm a few more days sober.

I was supposed to go for bloods yesterday but they can wait til tomorrow since I have to get my depot then anyway
Old 01-20-2021, 05:29 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

afternoon x i had a call from my alcohol councillor late morning and he sounds as bad as me, groundhog day. Alot of them are feeling down due to they cant see us clients due to covid and what much can u say on the phone? and again they had news that it looks like we wont be seen for a long time yet, also there alcohol doctor left so they are under a lot of strain. I just had a bathmyself and put facepack on, now im sitting here watching a black and white movie. Nothing much else to add, just same **** diffrent day lol well tomo will be diffrent as i am back to work tomo and friday, so it will keep me out of trouble.

Hope u all have good day xx
Old 01-20-2021, 06:44 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Erratic View Post
afternoon x i had a call from my alcohol councillor late morning and he sounds as bad as me, groundhog day. Alot of them are feeling down due to they cant see us clients due to covid and what much can u say on the phone? and again they had news that it looks like we wont be seen for a long time yet, also there alcohol doctor left so they are under a lot of strain. I just had a bathmyself and put facepack on, now im sitting here watching a black and white movie. Nothing much else to add, just same **** diffrent day lol well tomo will be diffrent as i am back to work tomo and friday, so it will keep me out of trouble.

Hope u all have good day xx
Same here, I had an appointment with an alcohol counsellor on Monday which had to be done over the phone. It's not ideal even if it is better than nothing. My local alcohol counselling service hasn't been able to allow any clients into the building since last March. Some counselling is fine over the phone but for it to work properly it really needs to be face to face. Plus part of what my local counselling service was offering until last March were informal drop in sessions which were group sessions where you would have a cup of tea, a couple of biscuits and a chat which was designed to work alongside formal one to one counselling sessions. The counsellor I spoke to sounded a bit jaded and a bit distant (most are working from home at present and they too will be feeling isolated). It can't be easy for them too.
Old 01-20-2021, 07:02 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

your spot on robbie x i did one detox in sept last year, but since march myself i havent seen my pdoc or alcohol councillor, also i lost my pyhciatric nurse . I understand how it much be for them also xx Not even sure if my locom pdoc has left as he hasnt been contact since my gp phoned and they said they would write to him to ask him to phone me about my medication, but havent heard a peep.

well off again to do nothing, thanks for your post robbie xx
Old 01-20-2021, 07:10 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

I'm struggling.