Notices

Class of December 2020 Part 4

Old 01-09-2021, 01:01 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Beautiful post, RAL. You heart and soul is in this, and I know you can. Xx

Old 01-09-2021, 01:20 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  

My son 15th birthday today. They are in quarantine with my ex. though , so I had to make two cakes & take them over. Cake for me and a couple of cousins on the outside of the fence and cake for them on the inside.

it was good. And while I had a few moments where I was overwhelmed by my usual sensation of the kids being far better off if I wasn’t involved. Feeling like I don’t belong in their lives. Feeling like all l I do is bring pain. but I stayed the course, stayed the adult. Even set up for the conversation need to have once they are back with me.

Old 01-09-2021, 01:23 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats RAL

I'm sure they need you Tanky
D
Old 01-09-2021, 01:31 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  

RAL - look at you go, I don't know how you accomplish as much as you do in a day!

Tanky - That must have been hard not to be with your son properly on his birthday. Your kids most definitely need you in their lives! Lots of hugs for you.
Old 01-09-2021, 02:50 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  
RAL

Thanks Tanky, Zura and Dee

Happy Birthday Tanky Jr Sure your kids need you and know you are there for them Tanky even if they are with your ex atm.
Old 01-09-2021, 03:42 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

RAL, I'm ok. Molly is here, I have an adorable dog already. And I am over the moon after getting my exam results this morning. I got an A. So proud of myself!
Old 01-09-2021, 04:21 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Well done on exam results!!! Awesome!!!

Tanky - your kids need you and love you!!

I have felt inadequate this week. Had a driver at work spout lots of vileness in an email basically telling me how rubbish i am at my job. Was the whipped cream on top of cherry on top of cake that had a buttercream filling so i cried! I could easily after this week gone to the wine or gin last night. Instead i ate burgers, chips and drank pepsi watching friday night dinner with my kids! Feel happy today i resisted that urge x
Old 01-09-2021, 04:42 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Barnaby, that must have been awful. Good job not drinking!
Old 01-09-2021, 05:10 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone,
Sending all good vibes and Happy Saturday to all. Still at it and day 16 here. Was asked if I wanted a drink last night and turned it down. Was a bit tough but glad I got through it. Best to all.
Old 01-09-2021, 05:46 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Well done dear Chancellor! ❤️
Old 01-09-2021, 05:47 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  
RAL

Originally Posted by Lixie View Post
RAL, I'm ok. Molly is here, I have an adorable dog already. And I am over the moon after getting my exam results this morning. I got an A. So proud of myself!
Great news Lixie - very well done
Old 01-09-2021, 05:50 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  

And Barnaby and all of you........... s ❤️
Old 01-09-2021, 06:26 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  

to us all!! I feel stronger day by day. No alcohol at all this year so far and it will continue!!
Old 01-09-2021, 10:27 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Sorry your son is still in quarantine, Tanky. I missed my daughter’s 17th because I was in rehab, and I still feel misery about it. But they are going to proud of us in the long run.

Lixie, sorry the pup didn’t work out. As the chief dogwalker in our house, some days I wish we didn’t have a 10 month old and a ten year old — I have to walk them separately, and fetch is a competitive sport now. Also, Rocky gets annoyed with Rosie a lot as well.

I am really getting tired of feeling crummy. I still feel achy and jittery, just “off” during the day, and then have bouts of misery that come and go. I was miserable at around 6 last night, and then fine at 9. I guess that’s what I get for being a daily drinker for 15+ years, and a heavy drinker for 5. Anyway, just have to keep plodding on.
Old 01-09-2021, 10:27 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Barnaby.. Yes, we are doing a dry January!
Old 01-09-2021, 10:32 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  
RAL

that's awful Barnaby. I hope you are able to take it further as that it completely unprofessional and unacceptable.

Congrats on your sober time Chancellor and great to see you
Old 01-09-2021, 10:37 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Barnaby, good job at staying sober. Remember, that’s just one driver’s opinion, and you know what they say about opinions being like*******s, in that everybody has one!

Old 01-09-2021, 10:38 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Chancellor— good job exercising your sober muscles!
Old 01-09-2021, 11:25 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Good Morning All

Lixie - congratulations on your exam results, that's awesome!!

Barnaby - that's really awful, it really saddens me that people treat each other that way. I'm sorry that happened, just remember that's really a reflection on where that person is mentally rather then a reflection on you. Sounds like a tough week for you indeed, but you came out on top and are a champion! Hugs for you.

Chancellor - congratulations on turning down that drink. I really admire people who can withstand those sorts of challenges.

Elly - it sure is rough, I really hope you start to feel better soon.

Struggling through. Trying to remain grateful, for example, I'm sleeping well even if I feel fatigued. Moods not great but it could be worse....alot worse...that sort of thing.

Sunday morning here....don't know why but I get a bit lonely on the weekends. Which is silly really because I'm alone all week too lol I suppose I have FOMO, thinking most people have families/partners and are spending lovely family time together (my son lives with me but he's a sullen, moody reclusive type and very angry at the world and I ofcourse bear the brunt of it all). But I know it's a stage and will pass and that he will grow out of it. The lovely person he is is still there underneath and shines through occasionally. Eg last night we went for a walk and he was chatting away happily, then I had a bit of a dizzy spell and he put his arm around me the rest of the way home like he was helping an old lady cross the street and that brightened me up a bit.

Anyway, best wishes to you all and I hope you all have a great weekend 😊
Old 01-09-2021, 12:25 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Thanks all. Yes my manager is aware and is dealing with it.

I get the sullen moody ones. Mines 13 so is inbetween that and being gorgeous!! When they are lovely they are so lovely!!

Its so cold here ive done nothing all day. Im contemplating doing a course on something. I own about 10 online courses so i really should start one haha