# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of December 2020 Part 4

last part here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-3-a-20.html

D
Old 12-31-2020, 03:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I made it home. Worst ever long distance drive , I think. (Which is saying something, given previous states I have probably driven in.) They really need to consider making Australia more bite-sized.

Lucky it is late already and Chairman Dan effectively cancelled NYE here , so no chance of me finding any sneaky drinking options at this stage. And I find - even better, I don’t even want to.

First time not drinking on NYE since pre-teen years. Also first time alone on NYE. But it is okay, really . Peaceful even.

Thanks B123 for the map of your journey to sobriety. Helps a lot to endure the ongoing brain sludge and symptoms.

Thanks to Dee, zura, Venus, RAL, caramel, SCK for your words during my long day, as well. You all helped me heaps . Just knowing there was my SR peeps here got me through. And I guess I know now that feeling dissociative is going to be a trigger for me. Not overly surprising , given it is usually an indicator of poor mental health.

Happy sober NYE , crew

Old 12-31-2020, 03:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Forgot to say congrats to JT for not picking up! Day 45 . Legend. Many gave sound advice already re: what to do next with the alcohol. But also second the idea of setting up a home gym (to best of your abilities) for lockdown. I would send you some of my son’s stuff, if I could. He has more weights and resistance bands and stuff than he needs for sure.
Old 12-31-2020, 03:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi all. After a great Christmas, just wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year, but I will have to look up the word Hogmanay(or something like that). I have so been looking forward to 2021 because it is the year that my wife and I retire. I am also glad that this class is large.

I have to admit that I've been struggling, but not with alcohol. I'm sure those struggles will be all too alive in January, so not looking forward to that. Most of my struggles involve things that I can't post here in the public forums. Political. This could be a very tumultuous January in the US and it is literally all that I think about. Wish that I could go into a coma and come out of it in February and then just deal. I tried doing pm with my good friend Zura, but felt guilty about that too. Anyway, just wanted to wish all well.
Old 12-31-2020, 03:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Its good to see you back Bob., Even tho we can't talk about politics here I hope you're talking about your concerns and fears somewhere with someone.

D
Old 12-31-2020, 03:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Glad you're home safe, Tanky.
Have a peaceful evening.
Old 12-31-2020, 04:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Wow......so much to read....and I did.

So well done Tony.....and Tanky and all of you.

And Happy New Year to Dee and all of the Aussies!!!!! s ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Old 12-31-2020, 04:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
RAL

Glad you got home safe Tanky.

Good to see you back Bob

Old 12-31-2020, 05:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Anyone else deal with their stomach growling loudly and constantly in early sobriety? It's not painful, just uncomfortable and annoying. And just one more thing that keeps me up at night.
Old 12-31-2020, 05:16 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Yes!! I did....it was crazy. I would lie in bed with my cat cuddled into me and she would just look at me.....like what on earth is going on?
It went away after a while.... s
Old 12-31-2020, 06:05 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

We're going to pick up the golden retriever tomorrow!!! For a trial week at first, but if all goes well, we'll keep her. Maybe change her name, from Candy to Sandy. So exited!

I wish all of you wonderful people a great New Year's Eve, and all the best for the new year ahead. May it be a much better year than the one we are saying goodbye to now.
Old 12-31-2020, 06:26 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Awww your story makes me miss my cats so much. I'll adopt again one day.
Old 12-31-2020, 07:26 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Me too Relena. s

And YAY Liz that is awesome news!! s
Old 12-31-2020, 09:16 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Lixie— exciting about the new pup! Just make sure you have something to clean up all the hair, lol!

Tony, I hope you make it through without drinking the champagne.
I had a major attack of the “It’s not fair” feeling yesterday for a bit, looking at yummy holiday liqueurs in windows. I was in the city (Haight-Ashbury) shopping for hippie clothes with my daughter and there were lots of liquor stores and head shops around. At the same time, though, it made me realize how sad and deadening alcohol and other drugs can be.Seeing homeless addicts around reminded me that I am an addict who is lucky enough to still have a home and a family. I looked at the unadulterated responses my daughter had to things, and realized that that was what I want to have again. I may never have that innocence, but I know what I want for myself, and going back to drinking won’t get me there. It might feel good in the moment, but.... so I will continue to suffer through the aches, pains, anxiety and blues I feel now.That waynext year if I am in an area like that I will feel only pity and relief.
Old 12-31-2020, 09:18 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Fifteen days since my slip, 101 since I started my sober journey!
Old 12-31-2020, 09:22 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
RAL

What a horrible afternoon it has turned into. I won't go into detail but feel awful and could just cry. how on earth can a sitaution just go so horrible that it makes you want to cry. Anyway I won't drink just mull about on here and feel sorry for myself.
Old 12-31-2020, 09:25 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Bob, I hear you on the worry about the changeover. I just remind myself that things really could have been worse than they have been, and worrying won’t change things. I am nervous about COVID right now, as it is blowing up here in my state. I just have to follow the guidelines and hope for the best.
Old 12-31-2020, 09:26 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

RAl—- So sorry you are having a bad time! Go ahead and cry if that helps, or scream into a pillow.
Old 12-31-2020, 09:33 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RAL View Post
What a horrible afternoon it has turned into. I won't go into detail but feel awful and could just cry. how on earth can a sitaution just go so horrible that it makes you want to cry. Anyway I won't drink just mull about on here and feel sorry for myself.
I know how you feel albeit I don't know your reasons. Sending you a hug
Old 12-31-2020, 10:02 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
RAL

Thank you

How are you doing Tony?