24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 487

Old 05-26-2020, 07:35 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Happy to be sober today!

7:35 PM in the forest.
Old 05-26-2020, 07:46 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Thank you Efra. I knew I needed to read this “acceptance” paragraph in my book, I KNEW IT! And yet, I didn’t and I have become testier & testier. Waiting for this world of ours to change, and then, of course (right?!!) I’d change and then I’d feel better!

The book , always the book, has the answers right inside on the page.

I see & hear ya HP .... with thanks & gratitude ...

❤️ Bobbi

I’m in for my next 24 too !
Old 05-26-2020, 08:41 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Magsie

24 more please

04.41am Wednesday 27 May
Old 05-26-2020, 08:48 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

4.45am and I've just got home after my first night shift with the Samaritans. It went really well. Trying to get some sleep but the birds are singing .... They're not just singing, they're sqwarking. I swear there must be a parrot outside. No way a regular sparrow is capable of making that noise. It's actually really beautiful.... Just really loud. Thanks Dee for the tips to help me overcome the technical problems I'm having with the site. I'm such a doofus, I thought 'dumping the cookies' meant emptying my biscuit tin. Anyway, when I finally wake up if this hooligan parrot ever lets me fall asleep, I will get my teenage daughter to look at my phone and try to sort it so I can get desktop again. In the meantime, goes without saying that I like all your posts even though I can't like all your posts. Love to everyone and 24 more for me please xxx
Old 05-26-2020, 08:58 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Sorry Whopper that you’re feeling depressed & “in the dumps”; said prayer for comfort & encouragement

It’s all about perspective abc! It’s helped me very much, especially with relationships; thank you again

I quote that pg Erfra, every time I encounter a difficult person or situation! The only thing I’ve tweaked is, change life’s terms to God’s terms which is so much better;@ least for me

Old 05-26-2020, 09:14 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Checking in and saying goodnight. Wishing everyone peace and solitude.
Old 05-26-2020, 09:17 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Hi lovely TC.....I do keep some 24ers on the list who haven't posted for a while....kind of if I type their name they will come? s ❤️
Thank you for doing this! It makes me feel good that you have kept me on the list when I have not checked in for a day or two. It makes me feel like someone has faith in me.
Old 05-26-2020, 09:20 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Free.

10:13 pm. here. Past my bedtime.

Sign me up for another 24 hrs.

Warmth and comfort to you all!
Old 05-26-2020, 09:47 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
love is the answer

Checking in for another 24 on day 14.

Had a brief but brutal argument with my AV yesterday. I had some excellent feedback on a coursework submission I've been working on since January and my elation slowly evaporated as I realised I no longer have my biggest supporter. My Mom would be so proud and would have made such a fuss but without her there was just.... nothing. I posted in SR cafe asking for high fives and pats on the back. How dumb was that? I mean I got them, thank you to those who posted, but my AV was going, 'nobody cares, do they? The only person who cares is gone now. Why don't you have a drink and clap for your own damn self?'
Well I didn't drink, because fk you AV, I'm better than that, but I did decide to print out the email that was blowing sunshine out my butt about my work ready to take to my Moms grave this weekend.

I need to work on being more humble.

Thanks for listening.

And thank you for being here.
Old 05-26-2020, 10:49 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Free.

14 days!! Way to go, mystified!

It feels really good to get some awesome course feedback. It is rewarding.

I still have a paper from 2000 in which the instructor gave me rave reviews.

Keep posting. Share your days with us.
Old 05-26-2020, 10:54 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Another 24 please , 6.54am
Old 05-26-2020, 11:24 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Another one please
Old 05-27-2020, 12:18 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Day 3
8.18 am UK and I'm in for 24 more please.
Old 05-27-2020, 12:34 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

24 please....

8.33am and it's another nice day here.

A piece of friendly advice......don't buy new bathroom scales during lockdown......no good will come of it!
Old 05-27-2020, 12:37 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by listae View Post
THANK YOU! I needed to start my morning with these words of wisdom! Yes, I need to change the way I look at life itself to stay sober.
TODAY, I SEARCH FOR "JOYFUL DISCOVERIES":

"SOBREITY IS A JOURNEY OF JOYFUL SELF-DISCOVERY.
EACH DAY BRINGS NEW EXPERIENCES, AWARENESS, GREATER HOPE, DEEPER FAITH, BROADER TOLERANCE.
I MUST MAINTAIN THESE ATTRIBUTES OR I WILL HAVE NOTHING TO PASS ON."

GREAT EVENTS FOR THE RECOVERING ALCOHOLIC ARE THE NORMAL EVERYDAY JOYS FOUND IN BEING ABLE TO LIVE ANOTHER TWENTY-FOURS HOURS SOBER.

WISHING EVERYONE 24 HOURS OF SOBER JOY!
Thank you for these words of wisdome Listae! They really helped me this morning
Old 05-27-2020, 12:40 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TiredCarpenter View Post
14 days!! Way to go, mystified!

It feels really good to get some awesome course feedback. It is rewarding.

I still have a paper from 2000 in which the instructor gave me rave reviews.

Keep posting. Share your days with us.
Good for you TC. I used to love getting good marks, it make all that grafting, late nights and early mornings worth while

Hee Hee, I miss read this!! The applause goes to Mystified!! you and me both get at clap too though TC for assignments gone by ......
Old 05-27-2020, 12:49 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mystified View Post
Checking in for another 24 on day 14.

Had a brief but brutal argument with my AV yesterday. I had some excellent feedback on a coursework submission I've been working on since January and my elation slowly evaporated as I realised I no longer have my biggest supporter. My Mom would be so proud and would have made such a fuss but without her there was just.... nothing. I posted in SR cafe asking for high fives and pats on the back. How dumb was that? I mean I got them, thank you to those who posted, but my AV was going, 'nobody cares, do they? The only person who cares is gone now. Why don't you have a drink and clap for your own damn self?'
Well I didn't drink, because fk you AV, I'm better than that, but I did decide to print out the email that was blowing sunshine out my butt about my work ready to take to my Moms grave this weekend.

I need to work on being more humble.

Thanks for listening.

And thank you for being here.
Hey Mystified. I think the feedback and recognition is important and it is a great thing that you posted on SR cafe and got some high fives for it. Not dumb at all man. You did really well and you wanted to share it. Your Mom would have been really proud, so be proud too. We all care....

And good on you for telling your av to get to f....k!
Old 05-27-2020, 12:52 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by erfra7 View Post

Acceptance is the Answer

Mar18by ImperfectFrom page 417 of The Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous:

And acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing, or situation—some fact of my life —unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing, or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment. Nothing, absolutely nothing, happens in God’s world by mistake. Until I could accept my alcoholism, I could not stay sober; unless I accept life completely on life’s terms, I cannot be happy. I need to concentrate not so much on what needs to be changed in the world as on what needs to be changed in me and in my attitudes.

Shakespeare said, “All the world’s a stage, and all the men and women merely players.” He forgot to mention that I was the chief critic. I was always able to see the flaw in every person, every situation. And I was always glad to point it out, because I knew you wanted perfection, just as I did. A.A. and acceptance have taught me that there is a bit of good in the worst of us and a bit of bad in the best of us; that we are all children of God and we each have a right to be here. When I complain about me or about you, I am complaining about God’s handiwork. I am saying that I know better than God.
Thank you for this Eric. It was a lovely thing to read and reflect on this morning
Old 05-27-2020, 12:57 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

I think it's a wonderful idea to print the email and take it to your mum's grave, Mystified. She may not be able to tell you, but she will be proud. So proud. Not just because of your incredible work... She will also be proud of the way you battled with and conquered your AV yesterday. I'm so proud of you Mystified and you should be proud too. It's not about learning to be humble, it's about recognising that sometimes success highlights what we have lost and that it's ok to not feel great about that. You did awesome, Mystified. Very well done xxx
Old 05-27-2020, 01:02 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

9:02am here, in for another 24.