Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 487

Old 05-26-2020, 08:39 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Free.

Originally Posted by TiredCarpenter View Post
Quick count: over 95 of us committed to 24hrs yesterday !!!
Way too quick........the real number is 92.

Still awesome!
Old 05-26-2020, 08:40 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hi lovely TC.....I do keep some 24ers on the list who haven't posted for a while....kind of if I type their name they will come? s ❤️
Old 05-26-2020, 08:48 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Free.

Ok Venus, ....So we’re both LIARS then.

Hahahaha......just kidding. We’re just people doing our best.

Have a splendid day.
Old 05-26-2020, 09:44 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

24 more please xx
Old 05-26-2020, 11:27 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Acceptance is the Answer

Mar18by ImperfectFrom page 417 of The Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous:

And acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing, or situation—some fact of my life —unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing, or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment. Nothing, absolutely nothing, happens in God’s world by mistake. Until I could accept my alcoholism, I could not stay sober; unless I accept life completely on life’s terms, I cannot be happy. I need to concentrate not so much on what needs to be changed in the world as on what needs to be changed in me and in my attitudes.

Shakespeare said, “All the world’s a stage, and all the men and women merely players.” He forgot to mention that I was the chief critic. I was always able to see the flaw in every person, every situation. And I was always glad to point it out, because I knew you wanted perfection, just as I did. A.A. and acceptance have taught me that there is a bit of good in the worst of us and a bit of bad in the best of us; that we are all children of God and we each have a right to be here. When I complain about me or about you, I am complaining about God’s handiwork. I am saying that I know better than God.
Old 05-26-2020, 11:31 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

24 more
Old 05-26-2020, 11:52 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by erfra7 View Post

Acceptance is the Answer

Mar18by ImperfectFrom page 417 of The Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous:

And acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing, or situation—some fact of my life —unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing, or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment. Nothing, absolutely nothing, happens in God’s world by mistake. Until I could accept my alcoholism, I could not stay sober; unless I accept life completely on life’s terms, I cannot be happy. I need to concentrate not so much on what needs to be changed in the world as on what needs to be changed in me and in my attitudes.

Shakespeare said, “All the world’s a stage, and all the men and women merely players.” He forgot to mention that I was the chief critic. I was always able to see the flaw in every person, every situation. And I was always glad to point it out, because I knew you wanted perfection, just as I did. A.A. and acceptance have taught me that there is a bit of good in the worst of us and a bit of bad in the best of us; that we are all children of God and we each have a right to be here. When I complain about me or about you, I am complaining about God’s handiwork. I am saying that I know better than God.
This is one of my very favourite passages in the Big Book. I have it underlined. In pencil of course.....I could never use a highlighter, it seemed sacrilegious somehow.

So much love dear Eric. ❤️
Old 05-26-2020, 12:30 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Evening good folks.. day 6 is drawing to a close for me and it’s been pretty good. Out all day for work after an early start so it ended up being a 12 hour day but that’s ok.

As some of you might remember, my ex partner had a restraining order against me which expired in April. I spoke to my solicitor today as I haven’t seen my children since Christmas 2018 and it’s my eldest son’s 12th birthday on Thursday. Double checked that there’ll be no repercussions and today I’ve posted a card for him with a little note and some money for him. Apprehensive about what will happen next, I don’t even know if he’ll receive it or if his mother will keep it from him but I’ve tried... Really wanted to drink afterwards but I took myself off for a walk, mowed what passes for my lawn at the moment and about to have a hot shower...

grateful for another day of sobriety, along with many other blessings. What happens, happens. All I can control is my response to whatever comes my way.

hope everyone is doing good tonight, and thank you all for being there.

James
Old 05-26-2020, 01:45 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Checking in for 24
Old 05-26-2020, 02:29 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'll be needing another 24 sober ones too, please!
Old 05-26-2020, 03:58 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

24 more please
Old 05-26-2020, 04:10 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

24 more for me please.

Love always.

Stay safe. xxx
Old 05-26-2020, 04:44 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Hmmmm, very interesting.......my list post is a mixture of formatting from this version of the forum as well as the last one....if I re-do it from scratch, I can use font size change again and it will quote just fine, but I will lose the darkolivegreen.....
Love and good morning and hello to everyone.
Haven't tried it but you could try the same as the size tags but with 'color' instead of 'size'
and 'color=olive green' in the first tag

D
Old 05-26-2020, 04:45 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope things work out James

congrats to our milestoners

Sobertoday54 ~ 1 week!
gatorman ~ 3 weeks!
Purplrks3647 ~ 1 year & 5 months!
PhoenixJ ~ 4 years & 2 months!

D
Old 05-26-2020, 04:47 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Haven't tried it but you could try the same as the size tags but with 'color' instead of 'size'
and 'color=olive green' in the first tag

D
Definitely worth a try. ❤️
Old 05-26-2020, 04:48 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by abcowboy View Post
Thanks for the new thread Dee!

kenton if you’re using an iPhone, I can probably help you see SR in desktop mode all the time, but you’d have to download the Microsoft Edge browser...
My iPhone stays in desktop through safari, but I have desktop style selected in my User CP> edit options.
Old 05-26-2020, 06:31 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NoGoingBack View Post
Evening good folks.. day 6 is drawing to a close for me and it’s been pretty good. Out all day for work after an early start so it ended up being a 12 hour day but that’s ok.

As some of you might remember, my ex partner had a restraining order against me which expired in April. I spoke to my solicitor today as I haven’t seen my children since Christmas 2018 and it’s my eldest son’s 12th birthday on Thursday. Double checked that there’ll be no repercussions and today I’ve posted a card for him with a little note and some money for him. Apprehensive about what will happen next, I don’t even know if he’ll receive it or if his mother will keep it from him but I’ve tried... Really wanted to drink afterwards but I took myself off for a walk, mowed what passes for my lawn at the moment and about to have a hot shower...

grateful for another day of sobriety, along with many other blessings. What happens, happens. All I can control is my response to whatever comes my way.

hope everyone is doing good tonight, and thank you all for being there.

James
James good for you. That’s the way we do it. Don’t give up.

Old 05-26-2020, 06:37 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Another 24 here...
hope everyone is doing OK!
Babs
Old 05-26-2020, 06:50 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Its really heating up outside, I guess its the global warming causing it? Just last week it was nice and cool.
Anyway, checking in for 24.
Old 05-26-2020, 06:55 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

My plants burned and died today....well, some of them and for the first time in the three years I have lived here, the leaves on my dappled willow got burned as well. Grrrrrr. Insane weather here. Way too hot. We are moving.....oh yeah. s xxxx

Love to everyone and.....