Notices

Class of March 2020 Part 4

Old 05-07-2020, 12:55 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Be123 View Post
Nice to have met you Mr Slug hehehehehehehehe
Nice to meet you Be123. I'm actually the Mrs part of the Slug family. We like to do things slowly..some would say we are sluggish...sorry I couldn't resist.
Old 05-07-2020, 12:58 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

No wonder you and I hit it off so well love.....I am the quintessential slowpoke. s xx

And there are still some of those Pyrex Jugs for sale SeaSlug....I was looking yesterday on Ebay. s xxxx
Old 05-07-2020, 01:04 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

BE, I have a somewhat hybrid job. Â IT, Security and Compliance as well as finance. Â I’m like a mutt.
Old 05-07-2020, 01:07 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bilr44 View Post
BE, I have a somewhat hybrid job. Â IT, Security and Compliance as well as finance. Â I’m like a mutt.
Cheers, helps me to put into context some of your posts about work
Old 05-07-2020, 01:18 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
No wonder you and I hit it off so well love.....I am the quintessential slowpoke. s xx

And there are still some of those Pyrex Jugs for sale SeaSlug....I was looking yesterday on Ebay. s xxxx
It's the classic iced tea jug - it's the one!
I can make sun tea with it
Old 05-07-2020, 01:38 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SeaSlug View Post
Bwahahaha - No wonder I don't know what is going on
Thank you, venus cat

Hi Class of March- i'll move along now
Hi Seaslug, nice to meet you x
Old 05-07-2020, 02:08 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Congrats BE on a solid 10 weeks.
Old 05-07-2020, 02:21 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Hi Seaslug
And hi everyone else
Way to go on 10 weeks Be
It is Friday morning here and I have a few things to do today. I hope you all have a nice day/afternoon/night
Old 05-07-2020, 02:33 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Hi Willow and Hi BillyMacintosh! Nice to meet you all
Old 05-07-2020, 03:10 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Be
D
Old 05-07-2020, 03:30 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Sorry I missed that Be. Congrats love. s xx
I have been seriously busy today.
Someone ordered way too many plants.
I wonder who that could be.
Old 05-07-2020, 10:03 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Be! Congratulations on 10! Way to go!
Billy x
Old 05-07-2020, 10:42 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. Time is a funny thing, some days seem to go on forever but those 10 weeks, looking back, seem really quick.

I've got a social thing today where other people will be drinking heavily. I am not worried about drinking myself but do feel a bit worried about being around alcohol. It's a 'remote' street party and our neighbours are really going for it booze wise, will expect me to drink with them as I have in the past. I am not really sure what I am worried about, maybe it's just because it's the first time I've faced this in my ten weeks.

Awake early, hope you all have a good day/evening
Old 05-08-2020, 12:59 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Morning everyone ! And he seaslug. Well done on 10 weeks Be thats brilliant. Im sure you will be fine today at least it's at a distance occasion so people will be less aware of what others are doing ?
It is crazy how drinking is so engrained in events, my av has been quiet yet this morning it popped up with the 'well it is a bank holiday' !! Going to have a little garden bank holiday picnic with my son instead.
Old 05-08-2020, 05:01 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Just my thoughts. s

I wouldn't be partaking dear Be. Not in the current conditions. I don't even think it is safe to make food for other people. And even at 5 and half years odd, I would not want to be at that party in the sun with a bar and people having the first fun they have had in ages.

Hope you don't mind me sharing. s
Old 05-08-2020, 05:18 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Just my thoughts. s

I wouldn't be partaking dear Be. Not in the current conditions. I don't even think it is safe to make food for other people. And even at 5 and half years odd, I would not want to be at that party in the sun with a bar and people having the first fun they have had in ages.

Hope you don't mind me sharing. s
Of course I don't mind! We're not sharing food as we're all doing our own thing, separate driveways and gardens. But yes, the people with bars and drinking is making me do a double take.

It's quite good I reckon - I think I was getting a bit complacent and finding it too easy, but being confronted by lots of people drinking (and this not even my neighbours, just walking on the street seeing people out drinking!) is making me be aware of alcohol for the first time in months. I don't want to drink, I don't feel like drinking and I know I won't drink - it's just very peculiar. Confronting. But I feel relaxed and have eaten well and have an escape plan in case I find it tricky.
Old 05-08-2020, 05:25 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

I am so surprised it is legal for people to be drinking outside their houses and in the street. I still wouldn't want to be a part of any of that, but I am glad you are OK love. s xx
Old 05-08-2020, 05:52 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

I am so surprised it is legal for people to be drinking outside their houses and in the street. I still wouldn't want to be a part of any of that, but I am glad you are OK love. s xx
Loads of people sat on their drive with glasses or cans or bottles. A few people made their own bars. Of course I notice all of this very keenly!!

I am surprised that it's affecting me as I've had NO AV at all this time round. But it's not affecting me to drink, it's just perturbing me somehow. Odd, but ok. I'm looking forward to our nice food in the sun!
Old 05-08-2020, 07:25 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

BE, I can relate to being perturbed. Our brains were trained to solve our problems with alcohol. I have to be careful when around others who are drinking. This can have a residual effect for later on when we are triggered, almost like PTSD. I know it is not the same but it is how I relate it. I had anxiety yesterday and am worried if that happens at the wrong time. Just have to make sure we remember the consequences of this and stay close to SR.
Old 05-08-2020, 02:05 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Well that went well. I didn't crave at all, and several people asked me about being teetotal. No pressure, just said I WAS teetotal and I felt much better for it.

But best of all, as we sat round (socially distant!) into the evening, one of the couples had a daughter aged about eight who was disabled, with a delay to her learning and understanding. She and I hit it off and spent 90 minutes doing 'magic tricks' on each other (me
hiding a coin by distracting her). Her laugh! God I was in stitches, so was she, as I left she asked if we could do magic tomorrow.

So pleased I was sober to experience that. So pleased, that was just fun!!!!