# 201 (permalink)  

In for another 24
Old 04-09-2020, 02:15 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

24 more for me please.

Love to all and make sure you keep safe xx
Old 04-09-2020, 02:18 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Another day of, well, goodness what it will bring? I seem to flip from grateful and happy to be safe with my children by my side to utterly terrified multiple times a day. Restricting viewing of the news to a couple of times a day seems to help and I will try to keep doing that.
It still hasn't really sunk in yet. Is this really happening?
I know we are so lucky in comparison to so many others - healthy, food on the table, a lovely little home and the garden. So many others are in active addiction, abusive relationships, mental anguish, homeless, financial hardship or hit with the virus. My heart aches for them all.........
I would like to commit to another 24 hours of sobriety with love to you all
Old 04-09-2020, 02:25 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Soberleigh I'm also glad you had that immediate reaction....nice work distracting yourself

Stay close Juliet

Hope Marty is doing okay Goose

Good to see you JoJo and everyone

Oh! And another 24 please
Old 04-09-2020, 03:12 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

6:11 am in Louisville, Kentucky. 24 more sober hours please.
I’m not going to drink again today.
I hope everyone has a safe and healthy and sober day.
Old 04-09-2020, 03:16 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Lovely to see you JoJo!

Juliet, I did a quiz evening with friends on zoom last night. It was great fun! Can you organise something like that with your friends? Also, if you pm me your number, I'd be very happy to call for a chat. I don't have many skills but if chatting was an Olympic sport, let's just say all the gold from my home would be visible from space.

Great news that the curve is beginning to flatten in California Barbieken..... hopefully everywhere else in the world quickly does the same. I don't think I've ever spent as much time looking at charts and graphs as I have over the last couple of weeks. I remember sitting in maths lessons as a child, completely confused about what was going on and I remember asking the teacher when I'd ever need to know about graphs and statistics and outcomes. Now I know.

Sorry to hear about the situation with your sisters, Suze. I can't give any advice better than what you've already received but just know that I'm thinking about you and sending loads of love. I too love the love v fear quote by Sunny. I'm going to think of that a million times each day. Not just through this crisis, but beyond.

Today is Thursday …. I just checked …. and today I choose love over fear. Never before has that choice been so important. Fear is the greatest enemy of the immune system. It literally strips away energy from the immune system. It's so difficult right now but never before has it been so important to keep our stress levels under control. To do that I'm cutting down the time I spend watching the news each day and I'm upping the time I spend writing, meditating, playing hide and seek and water fights with my children, doing yoga, reiki ….. and I just found a free online crystal healing course! Always wanted to learn more about crystals. Now I can. I don't think us humans are designed to feel stressed for long stretches of time. Sure, we needed the stress hormones to kick in when we were being chased by a sabre tooth tiger but it's not good for our bodies to be flooded with those stress hormones for prolonged periods of time. So, I'm turning the stress off. I intend to watch lots of comedies today and belly laugh and not feel guilty about laughing. Because laughing is actually boosting my immune system. And boosting my immune system is probably the single most important and useful thing I can do right now.

Stay safe lovely people, 24 more for me please xxx
Old 04-09-2020, 03:34 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Morning everyone. Many many thanks for all your notes of support. I am doing Zoom AA meetings but not so much with my friends. I like the idea of saying 'cancel' out loud when cravings come. I need to accept this will pass and lives will start again.
But for now please count me in for another 24 hours sober and clean.
Old 04-09-2020, 03:38 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

It's 5:38 AM and I'm in for another sober 24.
Old 04-09-2020, 03:43 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Juliet... CANCEL that AV. Sounds like a great approach. Stay strong.

No change in Marty's condition. Hoping they may try to get him off the ventilator soon. I understand that being on it a long time is not good. Makes it harder to take someone off of it.

24 more for Marty please.

24 of a different sort for me please.
6:42 am EDT
Old 04-09-2020, 04:00 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  
No quitting on yer quit eh!

“Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.” - Michael Jordan

5:00am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
Old 04-09-2020, 04:17 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

More prayers for Marty dear goose. s xx ❤️
Old 04-09-2020, 04:23 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Re living in love and boosting our immune system.....I looked up the foods that are the best to strengthen your immune system....I am all about clean eating anyway, so I have been all over this since this thing started. (I have lost SO much weight ).

All the sites have ads, so I won't link any.....but it's easy to look up.
And very empowering. I feel I am actively doing my best to keep us healthy.

Love you to the moon and back darling kent. s xx ❤️

Old 04-09-2020, 04:25 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations to:

Saskia ~ 5 years & 8 months! ♥
Endoftheday ~ 4 months! ♥
Kaneda8888 ~ 6 years & 7 months! ♥
least ~ 10 years & 4 months! ♥

welcome back Jo!
Prayers for your uncle continue Goose.

welcome back Juliet - zoom get togethers are a great idea...what about little projects about the house? hobbies interests? learning another language?

always volunteering opportunities too if you feel ok with being out and about?

Stay safe and well everyone

D
Old 04-09-2020, 04:26 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Good morning all. Another day of, well, goodness what it will bring? I seem to flip from grateful and happy to be safe with my children by my side to utterly terrified multiple times a day. Restricting viewing of the news to a couple of times a day seems to help and I will try to keep doing that.
I know we are so lucky in comparison to so many others - healthy, food on the table, a lovely little home and the garden. So many others are in active addiction, abusive relationships, mental anguish, homeless, financial hardship or hit with the virus. My heart aches for them all.........
Amen darling jojo. ❤️

I am also very blessed here. Very lucky.
And my garden means so much more to me now than it ever did before.

Very glad to hear you are all well. So glad you are posting again. We missed you so much it hurt. s xx ❤️❤️
Old 04-09-2020, 04:28 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jimmyJlover View Post
24 strong
Hi Jimmy!! s xx ❤️
Old 04-09-2020, 04:31 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Good morning SR family. I want to thank everyone for the prayers for Henry and I. We are both still in shock but getting better as each minute passes. I am very grateful for my recovery network, both online and personal. Made lots of calls yesterday, attended my 2 regular ZOOM meetings and shared about my feelings. Today is a new day, I am grateful for so many things....

Signing up for 24 hours drink and drug free. 7:31am in Jacksonville, Florida.

Congratulations to all celebrating milestones today
Old 04-09-2020, 04:33 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

So much love darling yukonm, and to Henry as well. s xxxxx ❤️❤️❤️
Old 04-09-2020, 04:52 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. I hope you're all doing well and staying healthy. 7:52 in a chilly Indiana. Checking in for 24.
Old 04-09-2020, 05:03 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Old 04-09-2020, 05:12 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Good morning Jo,
So good to see you
I know what you mean, and I also count my blessings daily. It's okay to feel overwhelmed and scared as well though, you have a right to your feelings.
Any chance you could have some news free days? I wonder if that would help even more.
Sending hugs,
Sunny