# 61 (permalink)  

I think you would be a sensational counsellor dear toots. s xx
Old 05-28-2020, 12:22 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hows everyone doing?
Old 05-28-2020, 03:12 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Good overall though very sad that Sassykitty is ill.
Old 05-28-2020, 07:36 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I'm sorry Sassykitty is so sick, Sass. It's heartbreaking when they're not well.

We're good here. Had a virtual 5th grade graduation yesterday so that was exciting. Not sure I'm ready for middle school but here we go!
Old 05-28-2020, 07:59 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

hi ! One of those days where I have mixed feelings about everything...not sure if this is the problem or just need to go for a walk...feeling trapped at times,...hubby Drinking na beer so will see where that goes..
anywhoo....keep posting love hearing from each one of you.
Hugs
Babs
Old 05-28-2020, 09:03 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I am shattered for you and Sassy kitty dear Sass. Just unfair to the max times 20 million.
So much love to both of you.

Babs love.....I never have mixed feelings about not wanting to die from alcoholism.
For me, that is how serious this got. Just saying. I got sober over and over for small periods, then had to remember why I needed to be sober.....wasn't on SR yet....the AA stuff would somehow fly out of my brain.....of course, once I stopped going to meetings it was easy to forget the truth. Well, easier.

I lost so many years. I don't want any of us to lose any more years. s ❤️
Old 05-28-2020, 11:41 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Sassy, I feel for you, going though the pain and sadness again. I think the fates gave you kitties that needed Your love in their last years hard for you but so soothing for them.

Babs, are you worried the na beers might lead on to the real thing? I could never drink anything so close to what I struggled so long with, it would have been too much temptation. I hope your walk helped you. Don't go through this alone. Find someone to share with please.

Duff, a strange graduation in strange times! They are sure growing up!
Old 05-29-2020, 01:26 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Duff, your boys are growing up so quickly!

Babs, sorry to hear you are feeling trapped. That’s not a good place to be, imho. Are you talking to anyone? That helped me deal at times. Thinking of you!
Old 06-01-2020, 09:12 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Well, I'm back. Sorry I've been very busy. My job disappeared from the virus, I went to work at Amazon because I figured they would be the last to close and walked in to my destiny.

Today, I got a new job. I'll be working with a team that develops manufacturing automation.

Rockets are landing on their own. I'm building robotics. This is the future I was promised.

Don't pinch me. I don't want to wake up.

So, how is everyone?
Old 06-01-2020, 11:02 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Doing good Trachy, hubby and I are actually feeling closer since the virus began it rounds, and none of our friends or family have suffered either health wise or financially, which is better than most, so we're counting our blessings. How are you doing? It's so good to see a post from you this morning! X
Old 06-02-2020, 03:53 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Great to hear from you, Trachy! If I understand correctly it sounds like you are doing well.

Have a good day, Marchers
Old 06-02-2020, 06:17 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
Well, I'm back. Sorry I've been very busy. My job disappeared from the virus, I went to work at Amazon because I figured they would be the last to close and walked in to my destiny.

Today, I got a new job. I'll be working with a team that develops manufacturing automation.

Rockets are landing on their own. I'm building robotics. This is the future I was promised.

Don't pinch me. I don't want to wake up.

So, how is everyone?
Well that is fantastic dear trach!!!! CONGRATS man. SO so so happy for you. s ❤️
Old 06-22-2020, 02:32 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

hi ! ! !Still sober and things are the same. We started going to the lake and it's the same thing there but, like I have said before--- the people we are with are great. They say ok Babs when I tell them--OK---See you guys later !----and off I go.
I hope everyone is doing ok. There's been a few of our friends now that are sick or having surgerys of some kind. But things are good.
Hugs everyone !
Babs
Old 06-22-2020, 06:12 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad all is well Babs

D
Old 06-22-2020, 11:53 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Wow, psychic much Babs? I check here daily and was going to post today to see how everyone was doing but especially hoping to hear from you! ( most others I catch on other threads!) I'm glad your doing ok and still sober. We would have been in the US now if the pandemic hadn't knocked the stuffing out the world. I would have visited your lake!
Old 06-27-2020, 08:20 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone, Been busy here, moved to first shift in mid May , so, now I have to get up at the crack of dawn, always hated having to get up to an alarm clock, but I was tired of never having evenings off. Of course as luck would have it, Tracy switched jobs and is working at a factory about a mile from where mine is. They make textiles that are used in the masks everyone is wearing , so they have her working 6 days a week, and she is on second shift, so we don't really do much except the occasional Sunday outing.

Last week was tough, one of the workers on 2nd shift reported having symptoms of Covid, so most of the assembly line got sent home until her test results come back. That meant that I had to help cover the missing staff and had to work all week 12 hour shifts. They are recalling some people from layoffs, so I'm hoping this week will be more regular.

So, now my evenings are being taken up with yard work. I'm trying to turn my weed infested patch of land into an actual lawn.

My neighbor asked me a few months ago if he could use my barn to keep his daughters horse in, so I now have a horse running around my field instead of cows. The pups still aren't sure about the horse, but aren't going as crazy as they were when she first showed up.

Hope everyone is safe and well!

Old 06-28-2020, 12:23 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Doing good here Budd, great to hear from you 😊
Old 06-28-2020, 06:56 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Hi ...I'm at the lake and it was hot! Went out on the water and afterwards people gathered in our yard and stayed cool...a lot of beer drinkers but now that everyone is older they maintained.😊 for yesterday ! Things are OK...glad to see everyone is doing OK..
Babs
Old 06-29-2020, 03:33 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Good to see a bit more activity here! Like Toots I get my daily SR fix in other threads now but this is the group that helped me get past relapsing and happily settled in my sober life. Occasionally I look back and wonder how I could have lived that way and still realize how very grateful I am for this group.

It’s always good to catch up the news here
Old 07-12-2020, 12:22 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Hows everyone all doing?