Notices

Class of December 2019 part 4

Old 01-07-2020, 11:28 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
You are right bobdrop. Reflecting the past, ie.

These fires have made me depressed. I'm ok, but they have impacted, more than I thought. Get in a gloomy mood, and everything turns a bit gloomy I guess.

I'm trying to convert the gloom of the past into how good is the present in not drinking, and how good will be the future.

I am so happy I have stopped.

Taking myself out today as the weather has cooled.

Love to all. ❤️
Hello again Steely,

I understand you with regards to the fires, it’s so hard to wrap my brain around. One of my younger coworkers was having a moment yesterday afternoon and got very teary and she’s usually the most upbeat and energised person I know. Wish I was able to give you a hug and go have a coffee together to sort through the feelings. xxxxx
Old 01-07-2020, 11:31 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
I also have zero energy. Back to work yesterday. Still have ear, throat and gland pain which is contributing to the no energy. Mild flu maybe. But it's not as bad as the alternative. At least we are sober.

Day 11. 4am here. Woke at 3.30am with that awful feeling of dread and shame. Not a drinking dream or anything but feeling bad for eating 2 cookies and 2 tunnocks teacakes yesterday. how times have changed. Been eating so well too.

Love to all. Will try and get back to sleep.x
Oh please do tell me what a tunnocks teacake is!!! My nana used to make tea cakes from scratch when I was little and I haven’t had anything like them since. They were amazing and smelled like heaven when they came out of the oven!!!

I hope you are feeling better today dear RAL!! xx
Old 01-07-2020, 11:33 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Red78 View Post
RAL - I'm not experiencing that feeling you are in the night but I'm waking up with a sugar hangover lately and feel like crud in the mornings.. It sux.

I am now at the stage where I come home and don't think about drinking booze, obviously that isn't going to be the case every day as I know weekends my cause some cravings but my work week is getting easier with wine o'clock cravings..

I'm shattered so I'm off to bed..
Good night
Good Morning Red!

I hope you slept well last night and that you wake up feeling ready to take on the day today :-). Very glad to hear your weekday cravings are gone!!! That’s the “new normal”!! xx
Old 01-07-2020, 11:35 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SunnyCoastK View Post

Good Morning RAL!

Aw, how bad is the weather if it effects your internet!! Glad you were able to get in to work early to browse/ check in! :-)

I really need to get This Naked Mind. Will head to the library on Saturday to see if I can find it.

Hope you had a lovely day! xx
Hi Sunny,
We live in the middle of nowhere so the internet is really bad at the best of times. Less than 1/2mb on a good day. If it rains or really windy it goes off completely!

Hope you enjoy the book
Old 01-07-2020, 11:35 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
So much love dear RAL and all of you. s xx ❤️❤️

Dee's back went out so he will not be around for a couple of days....just letting you guys know. s Sending him oodles of healing love, and you too dear RAL. s
thank you for letting us know about Dee, Venus, I had wondered where he was.

best wishes for a speedy recovery Dee, you know we all love you!!! xx
Old 01-07-2020, 11:36 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SunnyCoastK View Post

Oh please do tell me what a tunnocks teacake is!!! My nana used to make tea cakes from scratch when I was little and I haven’t had anything like them since. They were amazing and smelled like heaven when they came out of the oven!!!

I hope you are feeling better today dear RAL!! xx
Thanks you

A tunnocks teacake isn't a real teacake. It's a biscuit base with a marshmallow topping all surrounded in chocolate
Old 01-07-2020, 11:37 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Well, now that you are a semi-Aussie, you will know what our vanilla slices taste like. The proper bakery ones. That is my cake. All the way. Yuuuuuuuuuum. s xx
oh yeah!!!! Vanilla slice it is then!! xx
Old 01-07-2020, 11:38 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Oy RAL....I am doing better than the top Aussie NBN plan here....I get 90 odd MBPS download speed a lot of the time. My husband...Goat...spoiled me....he got us the best internet he could find as he knows how important it is to me.

Bet I can find the book online for you Sunny for free. Going to look. s xx
Old 01-07-2020, 11:39 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Thanks you

A tunnocks teacake isn't a real teacake. It's a biscuit base with a marshmallow topping all surrounded in chocolate
oh wow they need to be called something else, that’s too misleading ha ha ha!! Thank you for clearing that up for me ;-)
Old 01-07-2020, 11:39 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Thanks you

What????? What???? the marshmallow thingies my dad used to buy us from the milk bar on Sunday nights? Oh oh oh....I have been trying to describe these to my husband for ages....off to look at these too.

Yes....almost, but the ones from my youth swirled up like a soft-serve ice cream.

And these look like Chocolate Royals. My fav biscuit. xx
Old 01-07-2020, 11:48 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Hey guys sorry for clogging things up with all my replies, I hope to get a laptop later this year so I can navigate the site better and reply to all in one go rather than individually.

I planted zinnia seeds on Sunday and they are already sprouting. I planted peppermint seeds as well (in a pot - not directly in the garden) but they must be germinating still. On Sunday after I cleaned up my little porch area and finished repotting things I sat outside and a lady from the flat next to mine came over with her can of rum and coke and we had a chat (well I listened a lot for 45 minutes!) and I happily sipped my ginger cordial with soda water and didn’t feel like I was missing out by not drinking alcohol. Most of her conversation was drinking related, but that’s what we talked about when I was drinking too. It just made me glad that drinking isn’t my big focus anymore. She was off on Monday and planning to get Day drunk, which I have done many times myself. The last week of my holiday could have been spent that way. I’m so glad it wasn’t.
Old 01-07-2020, 11:52 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Wow, day drunk is a term in Aus now.....damn, that's a shame.
Guess the land of TV shared that one with the whole world, and it is now a thing. Damn again.

Loving all of your posts Sunny....you go girl. And I didn't help you with flowers yet....are you doing seeds because of cost? I am thinking we need to get you to Bunnings. ASAP. And then we can go shopping with you. Hmm....If you have Bunnings....not sure what states Bunnings is in....they have the best flowers and garden everything....they are like Lowes. s xx
Old 01-07-2020, 12:03 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Wow, day drunk is a term in Aus now.....damn, that's a shame.
Guess the land of TV shared that one with the whole world, and it is now a thing. Damn again.

Loving all of your posts Sunny....you go girl. And I didn't help you with flowers yet....are you doing seeds because of cost? I am thinking we need to get you to Bunnings. ASAP. And then we can go shopping with you. Hmm....If you have Bunnings....not sure what states Bunnings is in....they have the best flowers and garden everything....they are like Lowes. s xx
omg yes we have Bunnings and I have eaten my share of sausages there!!! :-) I did buy a petunia and a fern at the markets. I’m limited in where I can go sometimes because I don’t have a car (I can drive I just haven’t bought a car, long story) so I either walk or take the bus and it would take me 11 years to get to my local Bunnings on the bus ;-)
Old 01-07-2020, 12:06 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Good Morning,
RAL - Thank you, health declined again but i got one, half decent day in. I hope that you start to feel better real soon!
Venus - Glad you are looking after yourself and getting things done. Thanks for the heads up about Dee.
Dee - Get better soon.
Steely - I hear you re not having craving but being vigilant, the sneaky AV comes out of nowhere when you least expect it. Hope your day out was pleasant.
Red - Going to bed sober is the greatest. Ive found sugar hangover are almost as bad as alcohol ones, and seem worse during early recovery....
Sunny - Glad work was good & you love your job & workmates.
Bob - Congrats on Day 6
Optimist - Fatigue is the worst, but i know it gets better so hang in there! I have been watching the Transformer movies with my teenager & for some reason i am imagining Optimist Prime when i read your name.
Vinny - Great you have been able to get to the gym. The weight sure can just melt off once we are sober, I hate shopping for clothes but when its because your pants are literally falling down because you have lost so much weight it aint so bad!
Stevie - Dont know if i have missed a post of yours but thinking of you. You too Coder, Ryker & Jewel....i know i am missing someone....it'll come to me.

Im afraid i am not very exciting but I am still sober and that is all that matters. We got this guys
Old 01-07-2020, 12:11 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Petunias are my go to dear Sunny, and when you get to Bunnings again, maybe buy a red mandevilla...you will be in heaven.....and impatiens....they are so cheap and bright. s

PS.....never had a Bunnings sausage....shame.....they reminded of the ones at Dan Murphy's so therefore I felt triggered by them. xx
Old 01-07-2020, 12:13 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

You are always exciting dear Zura. I am excited that you can breathe at this point....sending more love to you and your planties. xx s
Old 01-07-2020, 12:27 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

I can't reply to everyone individually, I'm trying chill, and I become more anxious thinking I might have missed someone. All I know is we are sober. Yes!

I'm lovin' the tunnocks tea cakes, and I'm lovin' the flowers.

Sunny's posts are great.

And I hope you are up and about soon Dee. Back going out is awful. I wondered where you were. Get well soon.

Love to all. ❤️
Old 01-07-2020, 12:28 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Chilling is good honey. s xx
Old 01-07-2020, 12:36 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Oh Sunny, I just saw you invite to coffee.

Thank you so much, and would be there in a flash if I could.

Thank you. ❤️
Old 01-07-2020, 12:40 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Did Zura say she was unexciting?

Awww, come off it Zura , with a name like Zura, you are exotic.