Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 462

Old 11-08-2019, 05:21 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  

8:20 am here and checking in for 24 more sober hours.
Old 11-08-2019, 05:41 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  

I’m in! Sober thoughts and wishes for all!
Old 11-08-2019, 05:53 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
Uggh that’s a lot of humidity Suze! You must be closer to the equator than me. I don’t mind the humidity but I’m glad it’s only for a few months
And hi back
I'm not though....nearer the equator than you.....I wish someone could explain this to me.....it was a huge reason I was so unhappy here for the first year....the humidity here is now higher than Florida and Georgia most of the time....I do live in a brick village that is around 200 years old....maybe that contributes. I don't know....I just know it makes me want to study weather patterns but that is going to have to be in my next life.

More love and goodnight honey, and to all of the Aussies. s ❤️
Old 11-08-2019, 05:54 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Red78 View Post
Everyday I wake up and say I don't wanna drink today, and everyday I drink again.....
So today I will be accountable and ask for 24hours sober, even just 1 day, please, for the love of myself! I'm safe for the next 6 hours so will post here again then..
With you till you go to bed love.....right here....let's do this together. ❤️❤️
Old 11-08-2019, 05:58 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
Stay strong Red! Stick with us, there's always someone here xx

Hope you feel better soon Gabe xx

I've just got home from my monthly mindfulness group meeting. Today was a revelation for me. I learnt that when people annoy me and make me angry, it's not actually their annoying behaviour that's making me angry. It's my thoughts that are making me angry. Their behaviour will be triggering something in me..... Some need that's not being met.... Or one of my negative core beliefs - I'm not worthy, I don't matter, nobody cares ... Blah blah blah. So next time I feel myself getting triggered I need to think, 'ah! I'm being triggered. No need to become judgmental about the other person, this is the time to take some deep breaths and try to work out what's really going on'. That way, I can communicate my feelings calmly... Hopefully without escalating the situation. I'm quite excited about it actually. I kind of want to get triggered so I can practise. But the kids are asleep and my husband and dog aren't being annoying. Guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to practise. That's the good thing about life. Always provides plenty of opportunities to try to become a better person. Right, I'm off to bed. See you all tomorrow..... Or for those already in tomorrow I'll see you there soon xxx
I have a way of looking at this that works for me.....sometimes, people are just annoying. I am.....why shouldn't other people get a turn?

But....if I find myself being annoyed by three different situations....I know it's me. I know it's my stuff not theirs. And I stop and breathe and look inside and ask myself what's up? And I usually get a very clear answer. And then the annoyance just evaporates.

Just my thing.

Adding to your wonderful revelation....I hope you don't mind. s
Bucket loads of love. ❤️❤️
Old 11-08-2019, 06:00 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NoGoingBack View Post
24 more please. Don’t think this rain in the midlands will ever stop.
Originally Posted by whopper View Post
Woke up this morning and everything was white outside from snow . Chilly outside too. Checking in for 24.
We kind of went into winter huh? Just craziness.
All of my plants outside froze last night.....well, all except two huge mums and 2 big (tropical) mandevillas.

Love and warmth to both of you. s ❤️❤️
Old 11-08-2019, 06:08 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rose335 View Post
Agree with Mags about the snippets and insights into other lives that we get from everyone here. Genuinely fascinating.

That was interesting what you learnt in your mindfulness group, Kenton. I shall try that method too next time I am triggered by what someone says. I was struck by a conversation I had the other day whilst I was having a coffee in Pret. Didn't know the person at all but he was on the same table and he said hello so we had a brief conversation. He was in London on a self discovery training course that had been organised by his company. He said they were working on the idea that everyone decides fairly early in adulthood on the persona, or story, they will present to others about themselves, which they then stick to and which predetermines many of their subsequent actions and decisions. I thought that idea could stand some further thought.

Least, so you will have ten years' sobriety by the time we get to Christmas. Wow, wow and wow again. Thst is some anniversary to have chalked up. Warmest congratulations.

Twenty four more hours please. Now within touching distance of five months.
Rose honey, what an interesting man. Thank you for sharing this.

I 100% believe this....I truly do....I watched my little sister decide that her story would be VICTIM somewhere in her 20s, and this built and stayed. Everything in her life happened TO her, and someone else was always to blame.

It ended up being me....her story is now that I destroyed her life and am evil. I still don't know how exactly, because my healthy brain can't go to such insane places.

My story has always been Strong and Determined. I have always believed in my strength and abilities, always believed that I would make my dreams come true.

Anyway....

Thank you for this, and hope you are having a great day love. ❤️
Old 11-08-2019, 06:11 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wiscsober View Post
In for 24 more hours of abstinence and recovery at 0518.

News this morning. Sounds like a start of a joke...Milwaukee police pull over dui suspect with a live chicken in the car....

Though dui's are not funny... a sponsor of mine once said he'd rather not hear about mine, 2x, until I get a proper perspective on them.

Food pantry yesterday very grateful for OAFP.

Spend my food stamps today.

Feeling a bit yuck today...but not sick.

Wonderful homegroup thread.....peace and love.
So, I'm thinking the dude needed to go and get more beer and it's freezing there and he couldn't leave the chicken in the house by itself, so he took it for a ride in a nice warm car??

So much love and sorry you are feeling ickky. ❤️❤️
Old 11-08-2019, 06:12 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Treesofgreen View Post
Freezing here too!! Checking in for another 24. It’s Friday!!!! I’m really proud of myself for getting through yesterday. It’s was very challenging.

congratulations to everyone celebrating milestones today!!
Not sure if it was work-related or husband-related, but so very glad you got through it love. ❤️
Old 11-08-2019, 06:19 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
In another sober day, I will have 9 yrs and 11 months sober! I am tickled pink. It was hard at first but after I started practicing gratitude every day, it got a lot better.

Good article about gratitude.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/22/o...pier.html?_r=0
Can't wait to celebrate with you love. s ❤️
Old 11-08-2019, 06:29 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  

This is a list of everyone who posted their commitment to stay sober in the last
24 hours: 9 am EST ~ 8.59 am EST.

It is awesome to have every single one of you here with us!

1newcreation
abcowboy
Atlast9999
aussieblue
Awake61
Babs1234
Bailey3
badgerden
bandicoot2
BarbieKen
Bubovski
Canadian Koala
ChloeRose63
Citrus
Coldfusion
CrossYourHeart
Daisybelle
Dee74
Delilah1
Endoftheday
erfra7
FallingLeaves
FormerBeerLover
Gabe1980
gatorman
Gen13
Gilmer ♥RIP♥
Goat
goodbyeevan
goose333
GreenDog
harriet11
Hats
Hevyn
IcedVoVo
Jack16
jimmyJlover
joandmelandhan
John65
julietUK
Kaneda8888
kenton
Kris47
least
LillianGish
lilymaz
Lostmyoffswitch
lyddie
maggpie666999
Mags1
Mark1014
Neoo
Nic233
nmd
NoGoingBack
Optimist4ever57
Patterson
PhoenixJ
Pinky1
Pouncer
Purplrks3647
Quincy
quitter62
Rainman1
RattleAndHum
Red78
Rose335
Sapph21
Saskia
shortstop81
SnoozyQ
soberista
SoberLeigh
Sobertoday54
Soberwolf
stargazer016
StartAnew68
Sunflowerlife
tgirl
Tictoc
Tinker B
tomls
Treesofgreen
TrueNewGirl
Tynesider22
Upstairs
venuscat
Vinificent
whopper
wiscsober
Willow68
yukonm
Zanna
zeppodog

Onward together!

♥ thank you dear abcowboy

November 8, 2019

Bailey3 ~ 3 weeks!
Kaneda8888 ~ 6 years & 2 months!
least ~ 9 years & 11 months!

Old 11-08-2019, 06:30 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

In for another 24 please.

Have a good day all!
Old 11-08-2019, 06:31 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Day 25. 24 more please.

Big day today and tomorrow as my son and I check out the venue he runs at tomorrow this afternoon. And then he runs at state cross country as a freshman. He has been working towards this for 2 years. Nevevous, excited...... booze is no where in the plans. ❤
Old 11-08-2019, 06:32 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Just fantastic love. ❤️❤️❤️
Old 11-08-2019, 07:06 AM
  # 415 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm in for another day sober!
Old 11-08-2019, 07:08 AM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Another 24 for me please
Old 11-08-2019, 08:52 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Congratulations!!!
You All Are Awesome!!!

Bailey3 ~ 3 weeks! ♥
Kaneda8888 ~ 6 years & 2 months! ♥
least ~ 9 years & 11 months! ♥

AND
Old 11-08-2019, 10:12 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rose335 View Post
Agree with Mags about the snippets and insights into other lives that we get from everyone here. Genuinely fascinating.

That was interesting what you learnt in your mindfulness group, Kenton. I shall try that method too next time I am triggered by what someone says. I was struck by a conversation I had the other day whilst I was having a coffee in Pret. Didn't know the person at all but he was on the same table and he said hello so we had a brief conversation. He was in London on a self discovery training course that had been organised by his company. He said they were working on the idea that everyone decides fairly early in adulthood on the persona, or story, they will present to others about themselves, which they then stick to and which predetermines many of their subsequent actions and decisions. I thought that idea could stand some further thought.

Least, so you will have ten years' sobriety by the time we get to Christmas. Wow, wow and wow again. Thst is some anniversary to have chalked up. Warmest congratulations.

Twenty four more hours please. Now within touching distance of five months.
Wow! What an interesting person to meet in Pret! I think it's true - I think we do decide upon the persona we're going to present to the world and when you think about it, that makes no sense at all because the whole point of life is to learn and evolve so why stick with the same tried and tested persona? And there's a danger of it all becoming a self fulfilling prophecy. If I label myself as 'difficult' for example, I'm more likely to behave in a way that lives up to the label. I think it's time to stick the labels in the bin and break those persona moulds! I'm in London too, Rose. We should meet for a coffee. Another random stranger for you to meet in Pret to discuss journeys of self discovery!!

Hi Suze and everyone! Had one of those days when every email I received seemed to inform me about some new problem. Just as I was leaving work, I got an email from a name I didn't recognise and I opened it up thinking, 'what now??' Anyway, it was from my son's PE teacher saying he wanted to let me know how pleased he is with my son's outstanding effort since the beginning of the school year. Apparently my son is always enthusiastic and is always the first to offer to set up the sports hall and is making fantastic progress in all sports. Now, that's the kind of email I don't mind opening! That's the one I'm going to focus on this weekend. The problem ones can wait until Monday. Love to everyone and 24 more for me please xxxx
Old 11-08-2019, 10:53 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  

In for another sober day!
Old 11-08-2019, 10:56 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  

24 more please
Babs