24 more sober hours please ❤
16.02 UK
xx
Old 09-12-2019, 08:05 AM
  # 502 (permalink)  

Hi Pinky love. s

This is kenton's planet.
This is FASCINATING!!!
Just sent it to Nick/Goat to have a look at when he has time.

Water found on a potentially life-friendly alien planet
Old 09-12-2019, 08:33 AM
  # 503 (permalink)  
capra laeviculus

Yeah, it is fascinating indeed!

We think it's very likely that there is life on other planets -- after all, there are billions upon billions of planets... surely with so many planets there must be others where the conditions are right for life.

The problem is that we don't know where they are. The universe is a very big place and the distances are mind-boggling, so it's not like we can just point a telescope at another planet and look to see if there are little villages and stuff.

So we have to search another way...

First we try to find planets that are at the right distance from their stars to have surface temperatures that would be ok for life.

Then we try to narrow that list down to planets that have water, because water is necessary for life as we know it.

Then we try to find out what the atmosphere of the planet is like, because if there is *already* life on the planet, that life will change the atmosphere, adding oxygen and carbon dioxide to it.

So, for this new planet we have completed steps 1 and 2... therefore we believe that life is *possible* on this planet... Next comes step 3... let's find out if there is *already* life on the planet

This is exciting stuff!
Old 09-12-2019, 08:40 AM
  # 504 (permalink)  

But how far away is it? I didn't understand the science there.....is it possible that we could safely travel to it....as in lots of us?

And big kiss for you!! xx
Old 09-12-2019, 08:50 AM
  # 505 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

24 more for me please!

Have a good day all!
Old 09-12-2019, 08:54 AM
  # 506 (permalink)  
capra laeviculus

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
But how far away is it? I didn't understand the science there.....is it possible that we could safely travel to it....as in lots of us?

And big kiss for you!! xx
It's 110 light years away, meaning that it takes light 110 years for light to travel that distance.

light travels at a speed of about 1,000,000,000 km/h

We can't travel as fast as light (yet). The fastest thing we have ever made is the Juno spacecraft, which achieved a maximum speed of 266,000 km/h.

At that speed it would take us 450,000 years to reach this planet.

Let's just say that, for now, that planet is out of reach. However... in the future we may develop technologies that make that trip possible.... or even easy
Old 09-12-2019, 09:56 AM
  # 507 (permalink)  

My goodness, it’s been a few days since I’ve checked in here! I’m early months (plural, look at that!), yet I am amazed at how something as simple as just checking in here for another 24 hours really sets my mental tone and commitment, and helps me keep on track each day. Time to check in again...another sober, peaceful 24 hours, please and thanks!
Old 09-12-2019, 01:02 PM
  # 508 (permalink)  

Checking in for 24
Old 09-12-2019, 01:20 PM
  # 509 (permalink)  

Good morning dear Kane.

And hey lovely Sapph.
Old 09-12-2019, 01:28 PM
  # 510 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by yukonm View Post
Signing up for 24 hours drink and drug free. 7:06am in Jacksonville, Florida.

Congratulations to all celebrating milestones today

Yay!! My "ME" day is finally here. I haven't made any definite plans yet. That's what I love about the days I set aside for myself...I can just let the day flow. I am going to head to Ms Fahmeeda's this morning so I can be with her when the mobile hearing van comes to her house. I like to be there for her medical appointments (she's a young 80). Wishing everyone a fantastic day.
Gosh...all day I have felt like something was up with me....it was because I forgot to respond to this post dearest yukonm.

So now I get to ask you what you did after you helped Ms Fahmeeda. Which is lovely......gosh you make my heart sing. s ❤
Old 09-12-2019, 01:29 PM
  # 511 (permalink)  

Oh wow....I see you Timeforchange......SO MUCH LOVE!!!!!! ❤
Old 09-12-2019, 02:21 PM
  # 512 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
James love ~ do you have a sponsor? I think you would like a sponsor.....my heart hurts for you....I don't want you to be in this much pain.....your self-esteem needs a big boost, and I am thinking the AA/NA folks are there to help you face to face....I know that feeling....what have I done wrong.....and then I did the steps and it helped me a great deal. Just my thoughts.

And you are awesome.
Goodnight dear James. s
Thanks V. I do have a sponsor and just started on my fourth step list.
Going to be a long one I think.
Old 09-12-2019, 02:23 PM
  # 513 (permalink)  

Hey folks, I’d like to pledge another day of sobriety if I may.
Usual theme, tired, slightly stressed but making a conscious effort to check myself whenever the negative thoughts start to creep in, as they often do.

I must try and focus on the things that are good, and that I should be proud of. I’m my own worst critic most of the time, no one can put me down or make me feel worse about myself than I can. Perhaps that’s just conditioning, if I do it first then it takes the power away from anyone else.

My self pity is like a shield of steel, you can’t hurt me in here.

I have a busy day tomorrow and I’ve managed to get myself to bed already, so I’m hoping for a decent sleep.

Waiting on some parts to arrive at the workshop first thing, then a drive out in the country to a farm that we look after tractors for. He’s a slightly demanding character and can be rude, so I’m just going to keep my polite head on and sort the problem.

Been thinking about my children and ex partner a lot over the past few days. I’ve decided that I’m going to ring my solicitor during the day and see what the advice is regarding seeing my children, but he’s not going to like it when I tell him that I don’t want to file for court, I want him to write to my ex’s solicitor and put it to them that I’m sober and clean, working very hard at things and really want to see my children, but don’t want to cause any more pain or resentment by going through the family court and I’m hoping we can find a more gentle, positive solution.

Also I started my step 4 tonight, I’ve a feeling that it’s going to be a long process.

Grateful to be sober tonight and sending much love to everyone, it’s not what you have, it’s what you do with it that counts...

Peace and love

James
Old 09-12-2019, 02:28 PM
  # 514 (permalink)  
nmd

24 more
Old 09-12-2019, 02:56 PM
  # 515 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Must have 24 more! Can't stop now.
Old 09-12-2019, 02:59 PM
  # 516 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NoGoingBack View Post
Thanks V. I do have a sponsor and just started on my fourth step list.
Going to be a long one I think.
Take it easy love....I almost killed myself on my fourth step....gosh I have been talking about this a lot here lately.....the thing is, I kept going and going and upset myself so much, and sobbed to my sponsor and she told me it was all ok, and to stop, and that the steps are meant to heal us not hurt us....you do not have to confess to every painful sin of your whole life.....just get out some things that are paramount and share it and let it go.....this is what it is about....healing. s xx
Old 09-12-2019, 03:02 PM
  # 517 (permalink)  

James.....I think your idea re the letter to your wife's solicitor is brave and beautiful and the beginning of not just doing the next right thing, but it is manning up....so to speak....taking responsibility.....I think it is a wonderful thing to do. And brave. And go you. And goodnight. xx
Old 09-12-2019, 06:38 PM
  # 518 (permalink)  

Good evening,

A bit better day. Went out with my department for lunch and that was so good for me. Just being with people. Hospitals, doctors, texts, emails, phone calls and office stuff.. scared family, insomnia all week..yikes. Today: lunch with coworkers, texting and talking with friends was added and it made all the difference. Mom is only a little better but I can be more helpful with some balance and company.

Tomorrow I’m working but avoiding the hospital so I don’t get back to the burnout ledge. I’ll still be involved but I’m working, visiting the salon for a couple hours and then home. Remotely helping. I saw what I needed to do. I don’t do well being isolated—like many of us. So now I’m on SR and you help so much too

So glad to be sober today. I may even go see my very small church group on Sunday. They’re delightful people. I may go to the coast next weekend as planned. It’s a short trip. Or I may have to stay but I can connect with people here or in my town.

Off to bed and requesting 24 before I do that.

I like the astro chat very much

Xx
Old 09-12-2019, 07:20 PM
  # 519 (permalink)  

Checking in for my 24.
Old 09-12-2019, 07:23 PM
  # 520 (permalink)  

May I please have another 24 hours with a side of being humble and grateful? Thank you.