Notices

Class of August Part 2 2019

Old 09-05-2019, 07:37 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

My family would love it if I took up cooking. I probably need to, considering I need to take three meals with me to work every day. Unless I can get so that I eat breakfast before I leave. Maybe that would be a good hobby to pick up.
I'm glad you're loving your classes Suze! I know it must be very interesting material.
Old 09-05-2019, 07:46 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

It would be good to have breakfast before you left for work....it is a great habit to get into.

Maybe we can share some simple recipes? Some meals like my tuna-pasta casserole that travel well and heat up easily.

Re school, my teacher is fascinating....and I love the mix of people in the class....that is where my head is....wondering where each of them come from, what their 'story' is....I could hear by the questions and comments in class that most of us are form an addictive background....some of them in their own personal experience, and some of them (one young man in particular) have obviously dealt with addiction in their families growing up.

So far, that is the most interesting part for me....I don't have kids, so I didn't experience that part....the part where I damage my children for years while I damaged myself. It has humbled me to be honest. Just seeing the disease from every side. s
Old 09-05-2019, 08:15 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

I'd love to trade recipes! I love tuna casserole, too. No one in my family does, so I rarely have any, but if I do, no one eats it but me, which can be helpful when packing lunches!
It's good to hear that most of the people in your class are recovering addicts. I don't think I could relate to a counselor that had never been through this.
Bringing up my children while drinking, and seeing in their adulthood the damage it's caused them, is the worst part of my addiction to me. I can make amends, but I can never undo the destruction. Not entirely. I have to keep in mind that I didn't choose this, and that I would have done it so much differently if I had been able to recover when they were young, or better yet, never had the addiction to begin with. I got sober for the first time, other than pregnancy, when my sons were toddlers. Wow, if I could only have hung on to that then.
Not that I directly abused them, I didn't. But it was neglect, and poor choices, and a lot of drama.
I can't let my mind go back there much, I have to stay in the present, so that the future can be different.
Old 09-05-2019, 08:26 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

You are making amends, and you are a wonderful mum now love....now is what matters. s
Old 09-05-2019, 04:52 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Yes Venus around 5, I would come home form work and start at it right away while my wife took the dog for a walk, I would have a buzz on by supper time and would keep it that way till I went to bed. Now its get home, have some diet pepsi and get busy at the stove, lol

I have to work on some low fat dishes one of these days, heheheh

Hope you had a good day
Old 09-05-2019, 06:02 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

I'm tired, and my elbow hurts.....but mostly it was an awesome day. s
Old 09-05-2019, 06:43 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

I hope your elbow feels better, Venus. Sweet dreams everyone.
Old 09-05-2019, 07:03 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Hi Class,
I’ve just finished day one again. I’ll be posting in the Sept. class, but still checking in here.

Well done to those who have stayed the course.
Old 09-05-2019, 09:16 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Good for you Quitnow4, stay with it. Keep us in the loop.
Old 09-06-2019, 03:17 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Wonderful news, Quit! I hope today is a good one.
Old 09-06-2019, 05:45 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

I don't want to be a "Debbie downer" but tuna casserole???? There have to be better options for you girls, hehehe

Friday is here, 8 more hours of work and then the weekend, off to the farm to do some harvesting. Take care everyone

PS Karen I bet you are a wonderful mom and your family loves and appreciates everything you do. The past is done, it can't be remade, all we have is the moment we are in how we live it dictates and prepares the next moment. You are doing so well now, your family loves you for it.
Old 09-06-2019, 09:58 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Mine is tuna pasta casserole....it is not anything like you have ever seen before....a boyfriend of mine made it up, and even my mum and sister changed theirs to match....my husband LOVES it.....really.....everyone does....I have never had a single person not love it.

Tonight it is going to be steak....filet mignon and mashed potatoes and green beans....

s
Old 09-06-2019, 12:15 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Wishing you good weather for the harvesting, Trojanhorse
Old 09-06-2019, 03:17 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Thanks Trojanhorse. I really do try, and it's nice to find that note here.
I would love your recipe for tuna pasta, Suze! A favorite of mine, Merry makes it, I don't cook much these days, is Buffalo Chicken Crescents. The recipe is on the Pillsbury recipe page. It's so yummy!
I lost my phone! I sure hope I find it. I couldn't listen to podcasts or gloat (to myself) over my time sober. I honestly was so upset I thought of stopping for alcohol. I thought it would be a good excuse. But, it was just my AV and I told it to shut up. It kept pestering me so I told it that after I got home and had a cold non-alcoholic drink and chilled a bit, I could go back out if I wanted. I don't want to at all.
I'm going to be posting in the September group some. SR is a big part of my recovery, and our group has gotten so quiet. I love you all, that are still here, and that are maybe just gone for a bit. I'll check back here a lot and I hope to see some of you elsewhere on the site. Maybe in September?
See you all soon!
Old 09-06-2019, 06:27 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Mine is tuna pasta casserole....it is not anything like you have ever seen before....a boyfriend of mine made it up, and even my mum and sister changed theirs to match....my husband LOVES it.....really.....everyone does....I have never had a single person not love it.

Tonight it is going to be steak....filet mignon and mashed potatoes and green beans....

s
Ooooohhhhhhh steak, love it
Old 09-06-2019, 06:28 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Caramel View Post
Wishing you good weather for the harvesting, Trojanhorse
Thank you Caramel, have a great clean weekend!!
Old 09-07-2019, 04:45 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Just popping in to see how everyone is doing. I haven't been out here in awhile but I am still sober and doing well. Waking up to Day 21 today!
How's everyone doing?
Old 09-07-2019, 05:07 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Administrator

well done kgirl

D
Old 09-07-2019, 05:11 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Day 21 is awesome love! s
Old 09-07-2019, 06:49 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Way to go kgirl 21 days clean is a great achievement. Wishing you 21 more and beyond. I know you can do it. So good to hear these stories.