View Single Post
Old 09-05-2019, 08:15 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Sober369

I'd love to trade recipes! I love tuna casserole, too. No one in my family does, so I rarely have any, but if I do, no one eats it but me, which can be helpful when packing lunches!
It's good to hear that most of the people in your class are recovering addicts. I don't think I could relate to a counselor that had never been through this.
Bringing up my children while drinking, and seeing in their adulthood the damage it's caused them, is the worst part of my addiction to me. I can make amends, but I can never undo the destruction. Not entirely. I have to keep in mind that I didn't choose this, and that I would have done it so much differently if I had been able to recover when they were young, or better yet, never had the addiction to begin with. I got sober for the first time, other than pregnancy, when my sons were toddlers. Wow, if I could only have hung on to that then.
Not that I directly abused them, I didn't. But it was neglect, and poor choices, and a lot of drama.
I can't let my mind go back there much, I have to stay in the present, so that the future can be different.