# 301 (permalink)  

Old 08-20-2019, 05:55 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  
Administrator

we're not at the end of this thread Suze

D
Old 08-20-2019, 05:55 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  

I know....lost it for a second there.....way too tired....sorry....re-do.
Old 08-20-2019, 05:57 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  
Administrator

No worries - it's hard to stay across all the threads

D
Old 08-20-2019, 05:58 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sober369 View Post
Quit, I am in the same boat. I screwed up again. I'm feeling very sad and overwhelmed. I don't think I can beat this.
But, the alternative is too grim. There must be a way. My life is so busy, it's hard to keep on top of all the things I put in my plan.
I need to do some serious thinking.
I hope you're well, and everyone else, too. Charon, I hope you are feeling better. I'm glad you called your doctor.
You can beat it love.....you need to use your tools, reach out when it gets too hard....we need to do that to get past the part where the pain and shame knocks us on our butts. We need support. And then we CAN get past this part.

You can and you will. Please know that. Don't let today or the last few days beat you. xx
Old 08-20-2019, 05:59 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
No worries - it's hard to stay across all the threads

D
Yeah and I hear the universe.....go to bed Suze.....shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Old 08-21-2019, 03:59 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Sorry about that guys.....I was so discombobulated last night.....and I didn't sleep well at all. Oh well. Onward. Love to all of you. s
Old 08-21-2019, 04:05 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  
Administrator

Nothing to apologise for

D
Old 08-21-2019, 06:55 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sober369 View Post
Quit, I am in the same boat. I screwed up again. I'm feeling very sad and overwhelmed. I don't think I can beat this.
But, the alternative is too grim. There must be a way. My life is so busy, it's hard to keep on top of all the things I put in my plan.
I need to do some serious thinking.
I hope you're well, and everyone else, too. Charon, I hope you are feeling better. I'm glad you called your doctor.
I know. This is the hardest thing I’ve ever dealt with. I’m so frustrated that I even have to “deal” with this. But it’s my fault for continuing to pick up the wine year after year. This is progressive and only gets worse. Must stop the cycle once and for all. Let’s never give up trying, it’s got to stick one of these times.

My plan failed yesterday, because the thoughts took over and I stayed alone instead of telling my husband and going with him. He doesn’t know I’ve slipped. Don’t have the heart to tell him. I’ve made an appointment with an addiction counselor. I will see him tomorrow. He came highly recommended by my pastor. I’ll keep you posted.
Old 08-21-2019, 06:56 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Morning.

Cardiac doc wants to blame exaustion on sleep apnea. Bushwah. Had the test and even when I was drinking heavily it was marginal. And, quitting alcohol would make it better - not worse. Further, apnea would have no effect on day long heart rate (low - resting 45-55 and with exertion 85-95) and blood pressure (also low - ave 110/60). Going to get an appointment with my primary and start to dig. Have a cardiac appointment next week. Blood draw before that. I'm guessing potassium deficiency. Need to do some research re. the problem.

Got the front mowed yesterday and picked up clippings. Mulched the wall flower garden with some clippings left over. Those went into the arbor flower garden. Also, got the cement work done. Had to eat lunch and take a nap between. Worked tilll dark. Showered and treated myself to a grilled pastrami sandwich, fries and onion rings. I know, I know, not heart healthy. That's my treat for this month. Normally I have a salid for lunch and a small meal for dinner. I'll be good till sometime in September. LOL

Cardiac rehab this morning and a SMART F2F meeting that I haven't gone to before tonight. I am excited.

Well everyone. Time to get moving. Hope everyone is safe in sobriety and accepting of themself. Have a great & sober day.
Old 08-21-2019, 07:19 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Quitnow4 View Post
I know. This is the hardest thing I’ve ever dealt with. I’m so frustrated that I even have to “deal” with this. But it’s my fault for continuing to pick up the wine year after year. This is progressive and only gets worse. Must stop the cycle once and for all. Let’s never give up trying, it’s got to stick one of these times.

My plan failed yesterday, because the thoughts took over and I stayed alone instead of telling my husband and going with him. He doesn’t know I’ve slipped. Don’t have the heart to tell him. I’ve made an appointment with an addiction counselor. I will see him tomorrow. He came highly recommended by my pastor. I’ll keep you posted.
That sounds like a really good idea love....and really, just so much credit for identifying your triggers. Next time you won't stay home alone, and don't worry about telling your husband....you can do that when you are ready. He is going to be supportive you know.....we don't get punished for trying. s

And Karen honey, sorry I got crazy tired last night, bad day, I tried to do too much and got super exhausted. However, I keep thinking about you saying that your life is busy and it's hard to fit in new things....but doesn't drinking just kill time? The hours we drink, the less than up and at em approach the following day? s
Old 08-21-2019, 07:21 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Hi Walnut honey, how are you? And hello lovely Kinsey. s
Old 08-21-2019, 08:29 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Hi Julyers- just checking in. Quitnow and Karen, glad you both came back and recommitted. Hopefully we all find what works for us. Personally, I know I need a 360 plan- one that includes my inward and outward life. Things are too hard to make it up as I go along.

Still on my trip to drop off my son. Orientation is finished and we will leave for home in a few days. Trying to have fun with the youngest while we are here. Things are going pretty well, but we have a lot of issues to work out when I get back. Lots of family adjustments. Growth is hard.

Hope to see everyone that hasn't checked in in awhile- hope you are doing well!

Love and strength to all.
Old 08-21-2019, 08:53 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Thanks for asking venuscat, I’m doing great. Busy! 52 days I think. I read the thread every morning, guess that makes me a stalker.
Old 08-22-2019, 03:30 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Not at all, walnut! I read every morning but dont always have time to post, either. Glad you are around! 52 days is awesome!
Old 08-22-2019, 06:21 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Morning.

Car is in the shop. Recurring service engine codes. Seemed to be all emission stuff. Hope it can be fixed easily and cheaply.

The resentment between Son and Daughter (and my Daughter and my wife & I) seems to not be over. My cousin and his wife are visiting from DC and staying at my Son's. My Daughter is not welcome unless she appologises to my Son's wife. That pi$$ed my Daughter off and brought hostility toward my wife since she was the one conveying the message. What a mess.

SMART F2F last night didn't come off. Facilitator didn't show. There were three of us so we did some discussion for about 45 minutes. The other two left for an AA meeting. Since I tried AA for way too long I just went home.

Nice day today after storms yesterday. F2F tonight.

Everyone keep sober and happy today.
Old 08-22-2019, 06:27 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Family stuff is hard. s
Hope the car is fixed fast and costs little! s
Old 08-22-2019, 12:07 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  

I second that family stuff is hard- always such high stakes and big feelings!

Do they have some stand-in facilitator positions for SMART meetings? I sounds like you would be great at it!

I've been doing a little AA and a lot of Recovery Dharma. I've found that I reach for those tools quite a bit both in terms of not drinking and in coping with life itself. Mostly learning to accept reality as is and stay centered. No RD meetings in my area, but the online meeting works and the material and daily practice is very helpful to me.

Love and strength.
Old 08-22-2019, 01:05 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Hi classmates - so I got too confident I guess and for some reason bought groceries yesterday and grabbed a six pack. I had it all and 4 more which made me feel like total crap today and so hungover. It is such a sobering experience to lose all those days i built up. But I'm going to be positive about this and be thankful I'm here for my new Day #1. I feel bad for letting myself down and you guys as well. This thing sucks!
Old 08-22-2019, 02:10 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Day one here!

Hello all!

I am on day 1, am feeling very determined and have a schedule with doctor next tuesday. Tonight i have had 2 smaller glasses of beer to ensure i am not detoxing dangerously, but i have no cravings for continuing on with wine, my choice of poison. I have been to the gym, quite anxious but not too bad. Looking forward to continuing with you all!