Notices

One Year & Over Part 69

Old 07-16-2019, 10:37 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs

All went fine for Mr.M except the nurse had problems trying to get a cannula in his arm. They eventually got it in after six attempts! Last time they said it was because his skin was too thick, this time because he had strange veins!

thanks for all the support, it’s really good to have you all here.

I’d gone with him yesterday, made sure he was all ok, you never know if they’re gonna cancel last minute. Then he remembered he’d left his portable phone charger in the car so I said I’d go get it.

The forecast was very high pollen most of this week and I could feel it as I walked, with very laboured and slow steps. (Felt like I was 150 yrs , lol ) so much so that a lovely couple, a man in a wheelchair and his wife (I think) pushing, asked where I was going and could they help by pushing me in the wheelchair. I said I’m ok just slow and asthma and stuff, they seemed to understand and they went on their way.
My half way point to the lift was the Chapel, which I rested in, after making sure it was empty, (I would hate to disturb anyone in grief) and giving gratitude to making it so far. I did the same on the way back to the car too.
What a palava! I remember the days I could walk for miles and run! How we take for granted what comes easy to us.

I don’t think I’ll ever take anything for granted anymore.

Have a grand Wednesday my friends. xx
Old 07-16-2019, 11:38 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

It's good you see it as being grateful for what you can still do Mags. I too appreciate my abilities but need to accept I'm not the 30 something my head thinks I am!
Old 07-16-2019, 11:51 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 07-17-2019, 04:24 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post
They eventually got it in after six attempts!
Last time they said it was because his skin was too thick, this time because he had strange veins!
Yikes at 6 attempts Mags...ouch!
Never heard the "strange veins" excuse before lolll

Have a good day Overs
Old 07-17-2019, 04:44 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Hi Mags sorry you are having trouble walking but admire your attitude. So sorry Mr M has to go through that - hope it’s all ok!

Hi SG!

Toots, it’s been a good while since I could do what I did at 30 . The hard parts now are the energy and mental acuity issues. There is no way I could now do the kind of work I used to do and my memory is noticeably deteriorating. I do find that living here keeps me from panicking because I know they will look out for me. Still, It’s not easy.

Hi Andy, CK!

And to all a good day.
Old 07-17-2019, 09:35 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Mags,
Thanks you dear lady. Pituitary bleed huh? Well if he feels fine, and continues to be routine to his docs, it would be great if we never had these age related or not issues. Mags, I've hammer toes on both feet and can't walk far either but nothing like you're having. And once we're through with the majority of setting up the new house I'm going in to have them surgically repaired. It's about three to six weeks recovery for each foot. Crutched and cast for both. I need to be able to hike and ski. I may not get my muscles conditioned again but I can be pain free shopping and taking long walks. We'll be revisiting all our favorite local places, and the others in Colorado we've yet to see. If all I can do are windshield tours I'll do that. You are right, keep on truckin and take breaks.

Sassy,
I am so glad you've got your OFH and us because between Europe, Australia, and us mountain time folks we're gonna stay here for you. Dee seems awake 24/7 and along with a few other folks from my early sobriety, made my people gratitude list well and truly full. We're glad to have you in our corner too!

Toots,
I love your acerbic wit and stories. Sorry for longer posts. Just think, I type them on a tablet with one finger on the screen virtual keyboard. You might not say much, but when you do, Overs listen.

Star ol' bud,
You do pop in at the right time, hope you're OK.

CK, PJ, Suze, and Andy round out a good group, as well as the other Overs. I look forward to your posts.

To day I lost my house keys. I had them separate from my truck key because I only have two of the detachable key rings, I had them when I left. Tomorrow I'll find out if they were turned in. Fortunately, after paying a locksmith over $60 to let me in a couple of months ago, I took a spare key and hid it outside. See I was getting the property ready to sell for a month and a half so the house wasn't on the market until 20 some odd days ago. The good news is there is no identification on them, and I had my spousal unit's shed and workshop keys as well as four more house keys. So tomorrow after I get done trying to find the place I dropped them, if I don't, I'm making another set. Six bucks beats ten times that any day of the week. Then just one house key hidden outside.

I'll need to buy two more detachable key rings as I lost my last male with the set I lost, but I still have two females. I have my house keys on one male end and the two car keys are on their own female end so I just swap the 3 house, shed, workshop keys to whichever car or truck I taking. I've only had them separate maybe three times? So my system works for me.

At least here, we've all got our lives in order, sober, and friends. Money can't buy that.

My mirror had to be returned. Like a burned in computer monitor ghost image that remains, mine keeps showing an old guy!

Night Overs!
Old 07-17-2019, 09:45 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  
Administrator

You have my complete empathy and support mags

D
Old 07-17-2019, 11:44 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

I hope you find your keys Itchy.

We have a dull morning here.

Old 07-18-2019, 12:18 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs

Thanks for all your support, it means so much to me.

Itchy, I guess you’ve retraced your steps for your lost keys. I hope they come to light, but I like your back up plan! I’ve always wanted to hide a key outside, but I don’t know if my mind will go in overdrive if I hear a noise outside! I’ll be thinking a psycho is outside! Hubby thinks I’m nuts! . I’m beginning to wonder!

It sounds a good idea to have surgery on your feet, itchy. It will be inconvenient for a while but be worth it.

Andy it’s dull here too! Hopefully brighten up later. Think it starts in the south and works it’s way up, or is it us what moves.

I’m coming up to six years sober on Saturday and I feel very quietly happy and elated about it. I said to Mr.M shall we go out to celebrate my sixth soberversary? He said ‘What, on the p**s? And howled laughing! I really think he’s so much happier now I’m sober. Come to think of it, So am I .

Well have a lovely Thursday my friends. xx
Old 07-18-2019, 05:22 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Mags, you and Mr. M sound very happy

Itchy, you are so right, I do have lots of people in my corner and most especially all of you! I hope your house sells soon so you can join your SH in beautiful Colorado.

Hi Andy, Dee, Toots, CK, SG, Suze, and all the Overs :
Old 07-18-2019, 09:56 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hi Dee!

Andy,
Thanks! I called everywhere I'd been and drove to each and did not see them last night. This morning a called them each again and they were found this morning! I was glad to have two sets again. But my buddy who owns a used car lot want to buy my truck and since there are no other offers he will get it for a bit less than I'd hoped. So now it is just replacing the tractor fuel line, selling it, and selling the house, I am almost there! Andy, having a dull day was the goal for the ancient Chinese whose curse was, as you know, "May you live in interesting times."

Mags,
Thanks, as said above, yep, found them. I think the orthopedic surgery will go well especially when my son knows the docs and will assist. Yes Mags, you are nuts, which makes you normative for here because "I Think We're All Bozos On This Bus."

Early congrats dear Mags. Six years is a real milestone!

(((Sassy))) Me 2!

On the news today the Base Commander announced that he is severely concerned because in the last year alone 5 Air Force family members were murdered. Then I found Louisiana is the number 1 dangerous state in our country of fifty states!
https://www.usatoday.com/picture-gal...HDqR9nhJ0NCSY0

We moved not a minute too soon.
Old 07-18-2019, 10:10 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs

Sassy, we are happy together most of the time . I caused a rift with booze that could’ve easy ended our marriage. I can never be grateful and thankful enough I stopped the booze.

I think I see a glimmer of sunshine coming through. Earlier there was a big full moon, so big and looked so near. I love looking at the sky and all it has to shine on us....or pour on us sometimes!

My head is telling me I need to lose some weight, especially as we’re attending a wedding in August and none of my best clothes seem to fit me I think I’ve blamed the steroids long enough and although they’ve played some part in my weight gain, it’s not all their fault!
Also there’s the being healthy side of losing some weight... it’s better for us.

Have a wonderful Friday my friends. xx
Old 07-18-2019, 11:58 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Great news on the keys, Itchy.

Mags, can I be your weight control buddy? I need to control my blood sugar which I'm sure has been 'uber alles der platz'. I've been alternating between having no appetite and emotional eating.

We had six 'Blue ****' https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurasian_blue_tit all at once on our feeder yesterday.

Old 07-19-2019, 01:04 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  
Magsie

Andy sounds like a good idea! Losing weight has so many benefits.
I’d like to lose 2 stone( 28 pounds, 12.7 kg) written down like that it looks bad. But it’s a start. Have you a target of how much you’d like to lose? And more importantly how? Cutting down sounds better than cutting out?, don’t you think?

Love the wild birds too, feeding them helps keep my purse light!

Itchy, I think we cross posted. Pleased you found your keys! Not long now then, just the house and your off!
I watched all that video and realised they were clown faces painted on celebrities. (Im a bit slow sometimes! )I’m sure it’s done on the computer and not on their faces? I’ve not heard or seen that video before, it was ‘um, totally nuts!
Old 07-19-2019, 03:44 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Mags, congrats on your upcoming 6 years! They always have trouble finding a vein in my arm too. When I went for my retina surgery, they finally had to call in the ultra-sound guy to find one!

Been a busy week for me. Tuesday was my pre-op exam with my new primary care doctor. I thought she was just going to give me a quick exam, but she wanted to do a complete physical! She also gave me 2 blood tests and an EKG! The good news is, everything came back normal. I ended up spending 2 hours at the clinic, but am now all clear for my cataract surgery in 11 days.

My boss (Fran's husband) had to have a heart procedure. He had open heart surgery 14 years ago and now needed 2 stents inserted. He came thru fine and probably just added at least a couple more years to his life (he's 79). I spent about an hour visiting with Fran yesterday and she hasn't lost a beat, mentally speaking. It's the best conversation I've had with her in years and it was great to spend some quality time together.

Have a Fantastic Friday, overs!
Old 07-19-2019, 04:32 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs!

Itchy, nice that you sold the truck. I hope the house sells soon! Glad you found your keys.

Mags, happy to hear you and Mr M are doing well.

I also need to lose weight - my goal is 20 lbs. although that still leaves me in the overweight category, it will reduce my risks and save me from needing to buy new clothes
Old 07-19-2019, 10:37 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  
Magsie

FBL, it’s good to know all is ok after a complete physical!

Sassy, I’d like to wear the clothes I’ve got and not have buy new ones! Gosh I never thought I’d hear myself say that! There was a day when I loved clothes shopping.
Old 07-19-2019, 10:36 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs

Have a good weekend, it’s siling it down with rain here, I think it’s in for the day but next week is supposed to be nice.

Six years sober today, I feel I’ve reached a milestone, but I realise every single day is a milestone in our sobriety .

I want to thank all the Overs for your companionship, wit, humour, compassion and wisdom. I’m so proud to know all of you.

Thank you my friends for being here. xx

Old 07-20-2019, 12:07 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Congratulations Mags on 6 years and thank you for your invaluable posts here, long may your posts and your sobriety continue.

Itchy, is it time for St Joseph to come into the sale?
https://m.wikihow.com/Bury-St.-Joseph

I too would like to looks around 8 kilos. I feel cutting down rather than out is the way to go. Carbs are my sin.
Away to Spain again next week for 2 weeks the fist with gson the second, our daughter is coming too ( after we said we would, never holiday with her again!) this time she will do some driving around, learn the area so she can come herself, with friends another time. I'm sure I will eat more of the things I oughtnt hey ho, will just need to exercise more!
Old 07-20-2019, 12:16 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thanks toots! Have a good holiday, it’ll be lovely with gson and later your daughter. Hopefully all will go smoothly.

A chap at work cut out carbs and lost so much weight, but I’m sure we must need some carbs for something in our bodies. I think I’ll just cut down not cut out, too.