Notices

Class of August 2018 Part 11

Old 08-22-2019, 05:19 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Bee you have made me giggle, you are so awesome. Reminds me of a photo I have of me as a child dressed up as a pirate with my fake sword lol
Old 08-23-2019, 12:09 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Morning All,

I echo Red, Bee you made me smile and laugh to myself too. You're not part of our journey in a "little" way, I'd say in a very big and important way!!!!

Mike, Your story inspires me so much. I haven't lost faith yet, I do believe it will happen I just have no idea how or when but I feel it. Huge congrats on coming up to 8 months!

Red, sorry to hear of your struggles, I'm so out of the loop now so I'm not aware of the court case or what it's about but I'm sending love and strength to you.

Ayers, so pleased your hubby is home. Thanks for your kind words and I have really taken it in this time to get here and actually tell you when I'm wanting to drink, I never do I just do it then its too late so I will try and force myself to come here first. You suggested AA but its really not for me, I don't find the groups do any use for me personally at all, they make me want to drink more if anything, round here they are so depressing, for now Im sticking with you guys which I always will do and my Facebook club soda site, I have a friend off the site in touch regular with me and another close friend is in touch too who is long into her recovery so thats helpful.

It's bank holiday here so 3 days off and the weather forecast is great. Tomorrow we're getting up early and doing a lovely walk I know of in the Lakes, we're taking my dog and a picnic with us so should be a lovely day. To keep busy I'm painting some furniture too. I'll stay close here this weekend as it could also be tempting to drink, why when I know it destroys me I have no idea but when it strikes I will come here.

I'm planning to start doing a little morning workout before work so today I have a couple of things arriving, some dumbells to use and another thing I ordered to work legs and core etc.
I had lunch with a friend last week and she knows of my struggles and she suggested I join her of a Wednesday morning to this dance fitness workout she does, just 1 hour of a Wednesday morning. It starts up again next month so I'm going to give it a go, class environments are a huge fear of mine with my anxiety but going along with her will help I know It will do me good. She said its a real nice group of ladies and they all go out fora nice lunch once a month too.

Right time to get out for a little walk before work.

Love to you all xxx
Back Soon xx
Old 08-23-2019, 09:52 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Good to hear you're back in the saddle and making fun plans, Kitty.

Have a great weekend !!!!
Old 08-23-2019, 10:16 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Red, I can only imagine how awful the court case must have been.
Just getup, dust yourself off and give it another go.
All those days are not wasted . ((()))
Old 08-23-2019, 11:28 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

I'm heading into the afternoon. I'm doing something a bit different in that I'm on my second day of an hour of meditation and an hour of yoga. This means I feel I haven't done much by noon. I'm trying to put a bit of steel in my cardboard sword via meditation/yoga. Not sure if it works but I'm giving it a go.

I'm hoping to get to the store, pick up some items from the neighbors, renew a business license, sew a bit and work on the broken pipe . . .ugh this last one is a bit our of my league of expertise.
Old 08-23-2019, 08:14 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Well, looking at my list of things to do and pretty much didn't do any of it. Wound up spending time in the garden trimming a bush . . .the bush is winning.
Old 08-23-2019, 09:45 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Saturday morning

^^^ Seems you sword is working ? Keep forging it !

Ahw, Bee, I have so many such days where I end up doing absolutely nothing that I intended to do.

At least you did a full hour of yoga and meditation and trimmed your bush . I mean, a bush .

Today is 365 days for me. One year - funny how I thought I would have fireworks going off and yet it's just a normal day.

Thanks to each and everyone of you who was here, with me , helping me, for a whole year. I know , for sure, I wouldn't have made it this far without you .

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 08-23-2019, 09:50 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Administrator

wow congrats Ayers

Old 08-23-2019, 10:13 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Thanks so much, darling Dee.
Old 08-23-2019, 11:14 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Ayers that's amazing!!!!!
1 year!!!!! Tons of love to you my SR surrogate Mum xxxxx

You must be feeling so good right now and rightly so! Hope you have a wonderful weekend xxxx
Old 08-23-2019, 11:18 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Very quick update from me,
I'm going to the shops to get some bits for our picnic then getting packed up and heading off for our lovely walk in the Lakes.
I'll check in later, really looking forward to today, out in nature, sober, healthy, happy...
Lot of Love xxx
Old 08-24-2019, 12:07 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Thanks, my surrogate SR daughter !!! I hope you have a wonderful fun day filled with soul-enriching and feel-good
Old 08-24-2019, 03:25 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Good morning all.

Just a quick check-in. So much going on here...

Congratulations on 1 year Ayers!!! You have been such an inspiration to us all

Thinking of you all always
Old 08-24-2019, 06:00 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Congrats on one year Ayers!

I'm doing ok. Husband's MRI showed that he doesn't have cancer mets -- just a bulging disc. He had an epidural in his upper spine and seems to be doing a little better.
Old 08-24-2019, 06:16 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Greetings all .

It looks to be a good day:

Ayers hit the one year mark - Whoohoo!! Congrats lady.

Kitty is back and posting - *****!!

Barbs checked in - yippee

Alice's husband doesn't have cancer - Yeehaw!

In the ups and downs of life, it is nice to hit a series of ups like this morning.
Old 08-24-2019, 04:08 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad it's not cancer Alice

D
Old 08-24-2019, 09:19 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  

I did have a good day. My personality/psyche is such that I never really want to go do anything "fun". However life has gifted me with a few friends who invite me to do things and I make myself go. It is always great.

Today my girlfriend asked me to go to an adventure park. Amusement parks are usually not my thing but for this one, you take a tram up a mountain. There are amazing caves to explore and gorgeous views across two rivers and down into a canyon. Some of the rides swing you out over cliffs which really is breathtaking.

I brought one of my borrowed kids to do some school shopping and then we went to the park. I loved watching her sparkle with excitement and laughter.

I didn't get in my meditation today but did do an hour of yoga.

I new high school art teacher is staying in my house which is lovely. She comes from a very different state so talking to her is fascinating. She has taught accelerated classes and really believes in pushing students. It makes me self reflect on pushing myself . . . . such thoughts are always influenced by you all and what I see each of you doing in your own lives whether you are finishing a year without drinking or getting back on the wagon once again with courage that humbles me.

May Sunday be a good one for everyone of you.
Old 08-24-2019, 09:31 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  
Administrator

New thread time guys
Sounds like a good weekend to me bekind

new thread time tho:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...part-12-a.html (Class of August 2018 Part 12)

D