Notices

Class of March 2019 Part One

Old 03-16-2019, 05:16 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Day 20. Have a good weekend y'all.
Old 03-16-2019, 05:17 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

checking in for a sober saturday
welcome H3, with time you'll build up your sober muscles, nothing to do but carry on!
Proud of everyone, keep it up
Old 03-16-2019, 06:19 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Good morning/afternoon/night depending on where your from it’s morning here is boring Indiana!!!
Something that has been on my mind for awhile is suffering from memory loss long term and short term I think it’s from blacking out most nights hopefully things improve with being sober!!
It really hit me last night looking at pictures of my kids when they was babies and seeing them now they are still pretty young going on 7 and 5 and I can’t help but think all those days drinking wasting precious time with them it does make me feel bad inside I chose to drink instead of being fully there for them it kind of hurts and those are days I’ll never get back but I know I don’t have to keep drinking so definitely another sober day for me I really want to change and I’m doing everything I can to do that and I’m not going to give up this time
Hopefully everyone has a lovely day enjoy it sober
Old 03-16-2019, 01:29 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

It really hit me last night looking at pictures of my kids when they was babies and seeing them now they are still pretty young going on 7 and 5 and I can’t help but think all those days drinking wasting precious time with them it does make me feel bad inside I chose to drink instead of being fully there for them it kind of hurts and those are days I’ll never get back but I know I don’t have to keep drinking so definitely another sober day for me I really want to change and I’m doing everything I can to do that and I’m not going to give up this time [/QUOTE]

hi Nichole i feel ecactly the same my child is 7 and to think of the wasted time and letting him down is heartbreaking. But like you say we never have to waste another second and we can and will change, no giving up.

im having an early night still feeling and looking rough but im sober and will be for day 4 tomorrow. Well done on your sober time.
Old 03-16-2019, 02:31 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Checking in for a sober Saturday!
Old 03-16-2019, 03:44 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hey all. I need to join this class. Not my first class here at SR by far. Heck not even my first March class but I need for it to be my last. Will try and read thru the previous pages this evening. Wishing everyone a safe and sober Saturday evening.
Old 03-16-2019, 04:13 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,
Great to read everyone's posts. not much to say as felt rotten all day full of a cold so lying on sofa. Just relieved it's not a hangover or drink induced.

Hope you all have a good sober Saturday
Old 03-16-2019, 05:57 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey H - if you caved on your plan maybe you need a better plan?

welcome back Casey - what are you thinking about doing differently this time?

D
Old 03-16-2019, 06:10 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Hi Casey.

Sorry your not feeling well RAL. Here's to a speedy recovery.

Nichole, too much time gets lost when we are drinking. Not just what we forget, but all the things we put off or don't do because we're hungover or looking for the next drink.

Alcohol is a time thief.

Hope all of us get to wake to a sober Sunday morning. I know I will.
Old 03-16-2019, 08:08 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Glad your back Casey, I’ve been in a few classes here myself and so glad to be back on the sober side.

I learned in a blackout, we don’t forget stuff but our brain never forms a memory of something which was scary. my boys are grown now and although I had a stretch of 12 years where I sat on my drinking, I missed out on so much and they did too....no better incentive than the little ones to kick alcohol to the curb for good

in for a sober night, goodnight all
Old 03-16-2019, 09:42 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Day 5

Weekends are tough!

I had a nice hike today but my evening felt VERY empty compared to usual and I cant lie about that.

It was amazing to wake up on a saturday with no hangover, I haven't done that in at least 10 weeks since I started my job,
Old 03-16-2019, 10:12 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Sorry for the quick check in again guys.
Just havent been in the mood to type out my thoughts.
Day 57 is here and i'm doing well. Really thankfully of my wife for the support shes given me and this forum too.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 03-16-2019, 10:51 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad to see everyone moving forward and getting through

D
Old 03-17-2019, 12:00 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SeanFox87 View Post
Thank you, same to you. Can’t wait to get some serious sobriety in my life and feel great again.
I hear you! Also a 32 year old FORMER binge drinker (is it really a binge if you never stop?) This placehad helped me even though I don't post much I always read. Good luck help is out there.

Also, welcome to all the recent adds
Old 03-17-2019, 01:01 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Morning all. Happy Sober Sunday

Welcome to the class Casey & seanfox

Thanks for your post Lena, it's great to read what you have been doing and some fabulous ideas too

Thanks Final -feel much better after a good sleep. It's noticeable how quickly we get through stuff when no drinking. Our immune systems must be working so much better. How are you doing?

Hi H379 – good to see you. How are you doing?

Sober81-Congrats on your sober time. I'm 1 day behind you It makes such a difference when you have a supportive spouse.

Congrats on day 5 Kinzoku , 20 Tetrax, 4 Tinker

Nichole – Final sums it up perfectly imo. Alcohol is a time thief. and a memory thief.

Zevin – I think many people don't count days. Just do what's best for you. I must admit I am a counter as it takes me further away from my last drink and I feel some sort of achievement. But every day sober is an achievement so whichever way works is wonderful

Formyboy-congrats on day 15. Hope the little one is sleeping better

Mariah-you speak wisely. I have a 10 yr old and it makes such a difference not drinking. Even just the little things as well as other stuff, bedtimes, chatting, listening,

hi playinthetrash and sorry to anyone I've missed.

Congrats to everyone whatever day you are on and have a good Sunday
Old 03-17-2019, 04:56 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for the welcome.

Have a busy Sunday ahead. Chores and driving the kids for their activities.

Have a great day.
Old 03-17-2019, 05:19 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Zevin, I started counting days on a sober app. The short milestones were a good motivator. But as the days piled up, another 1 became less important. I started looking ahead at long term, for sobriety and personal goals. Then I started feeling like I wasn't getting there fast enough. It was moddle of winter and I was feeling stuck and frustrated. This lead to my last relapse (8 days). It was scary how fast I went right back down the rabbit hole.

It became important for me to have short term goals to keep me grounded and feeling like I was making progress. So counting days is not critical but have daily reminders of where you are and how far you have come. I guess there's a reason we always hear about "one day at a time". Overcoming addiction is a full time job.

Hope that made sense.

RAL, I'm doing really well, thank you. I have been feeling some resentment towards our friends of late. I'm 48 and have spent time with the same groups of friends for the past 20 years. Marriages, houses, kids growing, vacations, etc. we would all typically get together every week. Now that I'm not drinking, my phone doesn't ring.

I'm ok and much happier sober, but it can still hurt.
Old 03-17-2019, 06:14 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Finalround View Post
Now that I'm not drinking, my phone doesn't ring.
this has been a rough one for me as well. I try not to take it personally but sometimes it gets to me. resentment over feeling excluded has led me to relapse in the past, so its important we make our peace with it. People come and go from our lives but our health and wellbeing, if cared for, can be a (near) constant and that is so much more important. After some conversations with friends where I expressed my feelings on the matter, i learned that in some instances, its not that they were excluding me, but rather they either thought they were helping, or in fact didn't really know what to do
Old 03-17-2019, 06:17 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post

Formyboy-congrats on day 15. Hope the little one is sleeping better
Thanks RAL, glad your feeling better!
Old 03-17-2019, 06:39 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Day 4 and feeling good. Being away with work helps me a lot as I’ve never been tempted to drink as I wouldn’t have my job for very long, I see it as a mini rehab. I’m just making a plan for when I’m back in the UK. My sister and two of my cousins sell cocaine, two of my brothers use it and my mum is a heavy drinker so drink and drugs have just always been there. Funnily enough one of my other brothers has just joined the police so I’m going to start hanging around with him more.