Notices

Class of March 2019 Part One

Old 03-23-2019, 08:31 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Good morning all!!☀️ Happy Sober Saturday!! Let’s all stay strong!!!
Old 03-23-2019, 09:05 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Day 11 here. having a “low key” day doing stuff around the house. As of tonight I will have made it through my days off without drinking which is the biggest struggle for me. Going to have an afternoon nap and back to work tomorrow. Hope everyone enjoys a sober weekend
Old 03-23-2019, 10:27 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Hello Folks,

missed a day and found myself missing all of you!

READYATLAST and FINALROUND:
I wanted to tell you how much your posting has helped me as I have been very close to having a drink. I so appreciate your open sharing and honesty. I have the same thoughts of “wouldn’t it be nice to have a glass of wine” or “I can handle one glass”, yet I have that gnawing feeling that I know I can’t. I also hear your words in my AA meeting, from newcomers, old timers and relapsers, which I’m trying to use in my awareness. With all that said, I am just like anyone else on SR and taking it one day at a time.
Old 03-23-2019, 10:38 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Happy Saturday! I'm in mountains this weekend and it's COLD. No liquor here so I won't be tempted to take a few chugs after everyone is asleep.
Best to all of us Marchers!
Old 03-23-2019, 11:46 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by H379 View Post
Hope you feel better Dee. Dee, you may agree or not being being the backbone of all the new comers, but for sure all us are blessed to have you around to guide us through this difficult journey.

Thank you!
Well said H. Dee
Old 03-23-2019, 11:48 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ForMyBoy86 View Post
oh man, that sounds awesome! hope you're feeling better RAL.

just checking in guys, as always lots of inspiration in this group. so so glad I ended up here. You all rock
Thanks FMB. Feeling much better thanks. Some sun here today has helped too Hope your baby is doing ok. Enjoy the time. It goes so quickly. My baby is 10 soon. Don't know where the time goes!
Old 03-23-2019, 11:52 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lena1231 View Post
Hello Folks,

missed a day and found myself missing all of you!

READYATLAST and FINALROUND:
I wanted to tell you how much your posting has helped me as I have been very close to having a drink. I so appreciate your open sharing and honesty. I have the same thoughts of “wouldn’t it be nice to have a glass of wine” or “I can handle one glass”, yet I have that gnawing feeling that I know I can’t. I also hear your words in my AA meeting, from newcomers, old timers and relapsers, which I’m trying to use in my awareness. With all that said, I am just like anyone else on SR and taking it one day at a time.
What a lovely thing to say Lena. I hope you continue on your journey with strength and sobriety
Old 03-23-2019, 03:01 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Boy I can get a lot done when it’s not all day karaoke by yourself
Old 03-23-2019, 05:08 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
Hope your baby is doing ok. Enjoy the time. It goes so quickly. My baby is 10 soon. Don't know where the time goes!
I was thinking about this today, I will be cognizant (sp?) of this. I have alot on my plate but taking time to just hang out with him is a treat. I wish he could stay a baby for longer!
Old 03-23-2019, 07:03 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Feeling pretty anxious tonight, was given and extra day off so have a 3 day weekend ahead. I’ve been going quite a bit this week and thinking of all the things that need done around here at home, but going to pace myself and take some down time and not feel like I have to get it all done....famous for that.
Tension reliever tea and took my anxiety meds
Anyway, I hope everyone is making the best of their weekend and finding some joy. Goodnight
Old 03-23-2019, 08:12 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Invited our group of friends over tonight. Cooked up a corn beef and made toasted reubens. We had a great time and everyone filled their bellies. I let them know that I no longer drink. Permanently. Not a break or to lose weight like I said before. I had 3 months sober and I had given drinking another try for a week and I prefer not drinking. They were all very supportive. Everyone left at a reasonable hour and even those that drank did not overdo it. Just a casual evening with friends, food and laughter.

Now I get to climb into bed, read my book and get a good nights sleep. Going to be a beUtiful day tomorrow and I plan on taking advantage of all of it.

Goodnight Marchers.
Old 03-23-2019, 08:45 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Day 12

Slept poorly last night and had a good but very tiring afternoon.

Mood has been relatively poor since I came home after that.

But I am indeed sober for another night.
Old 03-23-2019, 09:05 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Hang in there kinzoku!
Good job on telling your friends that you have completely stopped drinking, Finalround. Most of my friends and all of my family know since I was in the hospital for several days with seizures, etc. before going into rehab. Hence, my slowly starting back with the sneaky drinking.
Glad I joined this group after lurking here for several years.
Sleep well everyone.
Old 03-23-2019, 10:12 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  
Administrator

For those new to SR we usually close threads at around 500 posts to stop things getting too awkward.

We'll open a new part 2 for this thread immediately tho

D
Old 03-23-2019, 10:49 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Administrator

and...here's part 2:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-2-a.html