Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 431

Old 02-09-2019, 08:23 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

In for another 24!!!
Old 02-09-2019, 08:28 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by listae View Post
Please grant us another precious 24 hours of sober living. Day 39. 11:39 PM (EST).

Daily reflection for "Freedom February":

"My first true freedom is the freedom not to have a drink today...Other freedoms will follow, and inventorying them is a new happiness. I had a new freedom today, the freedom to be me. I have the freedom to be the best me I have ever been."
Listae - Very good thank you....freedom from bondage from the alcohol/nicotine/otc/illicit drugs (ANOIDs), and from alcoholic/addictive behaviors.
Old 02-09-2019, 08:45 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Awake61 View Post
24 for me. Going to spend time with my granddaughter today. Something not possible, if taken over by alcohol. Love to all.
Luv this. Im doing the same today, with 2 of my grands. Only possible because Im sober today. Luving every moment!!
Old 02-09-2019, 08:47 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Good morning courageous people

Asking for 24 hours of sobriety and freedom from drugs

Higher power, remind me today to be kind to others. Even when I have nothing else to give, I can offer a smile. I can listen.

Have a wonderful Saturday everyone.
Old 02-09-2019, 08:47 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bailey3 View Post
I have no hangover this morning and, I love it.

Another 24 for me, please!
Ditto!
Old 02-09-2019, 08:54 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
Hope you're not too affected my the floods Willow... sending lots of love your way xx
Goose, 10 minutes meditation a day is a great idea. I always beat myself up for not meditating more but I think it's because I imagine I need to be able to set aside 40 minutes or so. And I often don't have the time. But 10 minutes is definitely do-able. I'm going to start 10 minute meditations today too. Thank you for the inspiration xx
Guener, when I stopped drinking I had to cut my drinking buddies out my life. They just wanted me to drink again .... it was all we had in common. However, I have slowly reconnected with other friends. These were the people I pushed away whilst I was drinking .... the people who didn't drink as fast or as much as I wanted to .... the people I labelled as 'boring'. Slowly I introduced myself back into their lives and slowly I learnt that actions definitely speak louder than words. By showing up sober and being interested in their lives and then showing up again sober and being equally interested in their lives and so on .... slowly new bonds of friendship have grown. Every person in this world is on their own path and whilst I'm not responsible for anyone else's happiness or unhappiness, if I can remain sober, true to myself and considerate .... well, it seems people don't mind so much when my path crosses with theirs. Occasionally my old friends will talk about occasions in the past when I was really drunk and acted like a fool but generally they talk about the new me now. Life moves on and slowly the experience of spending time with sober me obliterates the memories of drunk me. Sobriety allows for honesty about past behaviours and the creation and strengthening of friendship bonds. Sobriety makes it possible to start repairing everything that alcohol destroyed. Not sure if this helps .... sending lots of love to you Guener and to everyone. 24 more for me please and I woke up thinking about Sweetpeacan and Plenny and shezney and Gabe and everyone else I haven't heard from in a while. I hope you are all doing well xxxx
thank you for sharing
Old 02-09-2019, 09:00 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

8:57 am in California and checking in for another 24. Dropped my girls at practice at 8:00, and made an appointment for the doctor at 10:30. I was sick a few weeks ago, and it seems to have come back with a vengeance, thinking antibiotics might be warranted at this point. Since my hubby is working I still need to shuttle kiddos around.

Congrats to all celebrating a milestone, have a great day everyone.

❤️Delilah
Old 02-09-2019, 11:05 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

I just received these incredibly beautiful birthday flowers and a beautiful message from a very very special woman.....darling kenton, I am blown away....thank you so much. ♥♥

They are going in the lounge room, but the light in there wouldn't work for photos right now.

This is just so so lovely of you dear kent.....so so grateful honey.
Old 02-09-2019, 11:11 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

staying close to SR today and the past weeks....day 13 of nicotine and alcohol abstinence.

I am grateful for HALT...how to use rational emotive therapy...emotional and intellectual awareness, able to apply the 12 steps to my life.

Right now I'm tired, ready to nap, but so happy I didn't use anything today when my AV was speaking.

1311 Calm Down Time
Old 02-09-2019, 11:37 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Happy birthday, Suze!
Old 02-09-2019, 12:22 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

The flowers are stunning, Suze. Happy Birthday.

Please - another 24 for me!
Old 02-09-2019, 12:24 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Suze.
Old 02-09-2019, 12:26 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Checking in for 24.

Happy Birthday Suze !!
Old 02-09-2019, 12:56 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
In the same boat.....two pieces of pizza and my migraine came back to kick my butt. So so sick this morning and tired of this. No more anything that hurts me....I want to be done right now.

Love you so much dear Sunny. ♥♥
Hope your headache goes away.
Love you too. It was pizza for me last night too.
Hope you feel better.
Old 02-09-2019, 01:10 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Suze, so glad the flowers arrived OK and they look nice. I hope you have a great birthday tomorrow. .... I think it's tomorrow but apologies if I've got the date wrong. Can't really put in words how much you've helped me over the last 2 years. My life is so much better now and that is largely thanks to you. I'm so grateful that you are in this world. Happy birthday xxxx
Old 02-09-2019, 01:15 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

I am still so filled with love and gratitude darling kent....and ditto girl....my life is far better for having you in it. ♥♥
Old 02-09-2019, 01:43 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Hello dear CrossYourHeart....how are you love?
Hanging in there. Been in a bit of a rut lately, but nothing to complain about, really. Thanks for asking!! How are you?
Old 02-09-2019, 01:56 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Guener View Post
I customarily wake up around this time of the night and check into SR for my next 24 hours, and I'm doing that.

I was having a clear dream about the disruption that I brought to others when I was drinking and made a public statement to the group that I was going to remove myself from the group to stop being a part of the chaos that was causing a riff among the people there, and I woke up.

I realize that I have kind of done that with my friends nation-wide, though there was nothing like the meeting that ever happened other than at a reunion I was talked to about my drinking by a friend who was/is in recovery. At the time I brushed it off, but the memory obviously lingers, and even now living sober it resonates.

I do have individual friends from that cadre who still care deeply about how I am doing, and I am grateful for them very much. I have not spoken to them about my quitting all together for now nearly 10 months but have been considering telling these few after I reach a year. I don't know how things will go if I see these people again (or when I do, perhaps, since I cannot afford to travel right now).

I guess I'm feeling some isolation, and I do tend to withdraw from people when I have that cognitive dissonance.
I wish I had something insightful for you, but all I’ve got is a few words of encouragement. Congrats on 10 months, first of all! That’s an amazing accomplishment. It sounds as though you have some good friends who would be supportive of your sober life; that is certainly a blessing. Keep pushing on, and remember that all of us here support you.
Old 02-09-2019, 02:04 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Happy birthday beautiful amazing wonderful Suze ❤️❤️❤️❤️
Thankyou for being you

Old 02-09-2019, 02:41 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CrossYourHeart View Post
Hanging in there. Been in a bit of a rut lately, but nothing to complain about, really. Thanks for asking!! How are you?
Complain away....I felt you.
And we care you know....

I have a migraine =
And also beautiful people who love me =

So....hmmm....I will be good again soon