View Single Post
Old 02-09-2019, 01:56 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  
CrossYourHeart

Originally Posted by Guener View Post
I customarily wake up around this time of the night and check into SR for my next 24 hours, and I'm doing that.

I was having a clear dream about the disruption that I brought to others when I was drinking and made a public statement to the group that I was going to remove myself from the group to stop being a part of the chaos that was causing a riff among the people there, and I woke up.

I realize that I have kind of done that with my friends nation-wide, though there was nothing like the meeting that ever happened other than at a reunion I was talked to about my drinking by a friend who was/is in recovery. At the time I brushed it off, but the memory obviously lingers, and even now living sober it resonates.

I do have individual friends from that cadre who still care deeply about how I am doing, and I am grateful for them very much. I have not spoken to them about my quitting all together for now nearly 10 months but have been considering telling these few after I reach a year. I don't know how things will go if I see these people again (or when I do, perhaps, since I cannot afford to travel right now).

I guess I'm feeling some isolation, and I do tend to withdraw from people when I have that cognitive dissonance.
I wish I had something insightful for you, but all I’ve got is a few words of encouragement. Congrats on 10 months, first of all! That’s an amazing accomplishment. It sounds as though you have some good friends who would be supportive of your sober life; that is certainly a blessing. Keep pushing on, and remember that all of us here support you.