# 301 (permalink)  

Good morning class.
Just checking in on day 36 AF
Still not vaping.
All is well.
I will not drink today.
Old 01-30-2019, 07:45 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Hi SR friends, Welcome linners, how's it going out there?
This sobriety business is fun huh? Well....much better than being drunk, hungover, detoxing, anxiety ect ect. I went out to dinner last night with my friends. Looked quite forlorn at the drinks they ordered (but guess what, both friends had 1!!!! That's right 1!!!! Drink!!!! how in the heck is that possible? So......life went on and we had a good time.

Went to another AA meeting (I think this will be my go to meeting) everyone encouraged new comers to share but I just couldn't muster up the courage. I have a lot to say but worry about being judged one way or another.

Im not a everyday drinker, I am a binge drink after days upon days of sobriety then pass out drinker. I loathe the stupid decisions I make then have to detox for literally 10 days before I feel better. So sometimes it does not seem like I have a problem but I do. Im afraid of the AV, it hides and then it appears in my subconscious then it manifests itself into wanting, needing, whispering, reminiscing, everything it can do to convince me. Then pow it punishes me for falling for it, punches me right in the face until Im black and blue and cant get up.

I hope this thread Jan Newcomers continues. Hope everyone is hanging in there.
Post post post
Old 01-30-2019, 07:47 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Awesome progress Meshelly.
Old 01-30-2019, 08:30 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rose7788 View Post
Hi SR friends, Welcome linners, how's it going out there?
This sobriety business is fun huh? Well....much better than being drunk, hungover, detoxing, anxiety ect ect. I went out to dinner last night with my friends. Looked quite forlorn at the drinks they ordered (but guess what, both friends had 1!!!! That's right 1!!!! Drink!!!! how in the heck is that possible? So......life went on and we had a good time.

Went to another AA meeting (I think this will be my go to meeting) everyone encouraged new comers to share but I just couldn't muster up the courage. I have a lot to say but worry about being judged one way or another.

Im not a everyday drinker, I am a binge drink after days upon days of sobriety then pass out drinker. I loathe the stupid decisions I make then have to detox for literally 10 days before I feel better. So sometimes it does not seem like I have a problem but I do. Im afraid of the AV, it hides and then it appears in my subconscious then it manifests itself into wanting, needing, whispering, reminiscing, everything it can do to convince me. Then pow it punishes me for falling for it, punches me right in the face until Im black and blue and cant get up.

I hope this thread Jan Newcomers continues. Hope everyone is hanging in there.
Post post post
Hi Rose. I'm also a binge drinker, but at home in secret. I don't seem to have an issue with going out socially for drinks with friends over lunch or dinner. I have one or two in those situations, enjoy the company and don't feel like I want any more. But at home tends to be another story. When I come home from work to unwind or simply want an escape from my mind, that's when my off switch fails. It's become such a maladaptive coping mechanism. I know to most it doesn't appear that I have a problem either, but I do.
Old 01-30-2019, 08:34 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Hey linners,
Im learning this BS addiction thrives off isolation and secrecy. I like to be alone sometimes but I find that being with people helps so much. If only I could speak up in these meetings. I know once I do, It will be a relief.
Old 01-30-2019, 11:47 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Not much to say. Rubbish day. 😠 I like being alone too Rose.
Old 01-30-2019, 12:07 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to hear about your day RAL. You are an amazing person for staying sober amidst what you're going through...You're day is in my thoughts.
Old 01-30-2019, 02:06 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Thanks listae but I'm really not am amazing person. I think I'm boring and quite horrible and feel lazy and guilty and short tempered . 😢😠

anyway good night everyone. Sleep well.
ral x
Old 01-30-2019, 02:14 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Goodnight from me too.

I don’t think you come across like that at all RAL. We all have our bad times and grumpy moments. It doesn’t mean we are bad and grumpy all the time!

JT
Old 01-30-2019, 02:24 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Hi January class . I'm dropping in from the August class to give you a warning. I'd been doing really well since last summer, but yesterday I slipped in a big way. I am so sick now I can't even believe I'm remaining conscious. It is THAT bad. I've never had a hangover like this before. I literally have been shaking like a leaf for the past 28 hours. I'm so done with alcohol. It's truly, truly evil. This struggle to get better is so worth it. I hope you all avoid making the terrible mistake I made the other night.
Old 01-30-2019, 02:44 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

What's up classy people! Wow it's 30 days today. Do we say that's a month or wait until Feburary 1st? lol who cares right?

I sure hope Feburary is as good as this month has been. I'm trying to scramble and put plans into place before the AV comes back and tries to get the better of me.

Trying to make things airtight and foolproof. It's a race for time but I'm up for it. I like this challenge. I kinda geek out on it.

Cu soon
Old 01-30-2019, 02:44 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Stay strong RAL. Staying strong today will strengthen for worse days.
Old 01-30-2019, 02:45 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome linners and welcome Alice

congrats to travelbug, Bonnie Waterox Meshelly JT Zighoul and everyone else hitting a milestone today.

Sorry today was rough RAL - for what its worth boring and quite horrible and lazy and guilty and short tempered are not words that I'd connect with you either

D
Old 01-30-2019, 02:49 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Aliceiw View Post
Hi January class . I'm dropping in from the August class to give you a warning. I'd been doing really well since last summer, but yesterday I slipped in a big way. I am so sick now I can't even believe I'm remaining conscious. It is THAT bad. I've never had a hangover like this before. I literally have been shaking like a leaf for the past 28 hours. I'm so done with alcohol. It's truly, truly evil. This struggle to get better is so worth it. I hope you all avoid making the terrible mistake I made the other night.
Alice, you’re human. I’m glad you got through this. I had a similar experience way back and I was so ashamed that I stopped posting here. You are so much braver than I was and you’ll come back from this. We’re all learning. Thanks for being so upfront.
Old 01-30-2019, 03:27 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Evening all,

End of day 30...it will be the milestone of a month on Friday. For me this is usually when the battle moves past it's initial stage and enters a new phase.

I hope this time to move past the initial 'forced abstinence' and strive for a life without alcohol to become my normal rather than a 'break'.
I am making a list of actions I need to take to implement lasting change. Some of these will be difficult, in particular I need to drop some long time friends.

Apologies for being a little self absorbed in this post, but I needed to write this down for me.

keep well all.
Old 01-30-2019, 03:55 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

I'm sorry about your day RAL. From what I know of you through this thread you come across as a very kind and supportive person.

Alice I'm sorry about your slip and your hangover

Congratulations timetotry and anyone else hitting 30 days. It's so funny how that seems SO LONG from now for me when it's actually less than two weeks, somehow 30 just seems like so much more than 19.

I'm proud of myself because I updated my expenses tonight and I've actually stuck to my budget for January (it's over now for me fiscally, because my next paycheck will hit first thing tomorrow). In fact, I came out $240 ahead. I guarantee that if I'd continued drinking at my normal pace for the past 19 days, that $240 and probably more would be gone. I feel so much better about myself and less guilty now that I'm not overspending, and I have about three months' salary in an emergency fund now too which will not be frittered away on alcohol.

Have a great night everyone.
Old 01-30-2019, 04:12 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Well it'll be 30 days when I wake up. I reckon I've got more done this month at work than I did in the last three. I remember stuff, I can plan, nothing is overwhelming, annoying people aren't as difficult to deal with, sleeps better, losing weight, eating better, I'm the only one in the family that hasn't had a cold and my temper is starting to settle.
Looking forward to a clean February now.
Old 01-30-2019, 04:35 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bonniefloyd View Post
Also, I don’t drink anymore. So it would not make sense for me to have a drink to cope with pain when I don’t drink anymore,right? Right.
Absolutely right Bonnie. I just finished a round of four back surgeries -- well, procedures under anesthesia anyway. I've been feeling pretty good. At least I was until yesterday. Finishing up suffering through the worst day one ever right now. Good luck to you with your surgery. I hope you get relief. I know very well that chronic back pain can drive us to drink. Believe me...don't do it. It just makes everything else hurt too.

Thanks for the kind words, Stayonthepath. Are you on day 2? Here's hoping we'll both be feeling better soon.
Old 01-30-2019, 04:38 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  

I'm delighted to hear about the glee in many posts after a month of sobriety or just staying on course for a number of days.

Alice: I can certainly empathize with you and I'm glad that you came right back to share.

I came very, very close to drinking today (just like old times)! I couldn't believe it but I was actually heading to the pub and then had to pull myself away. Crazy how the trigger can happen in just one second. Then a voice went off in head: you're not even going to make it to one month! How sad!

The main trigger was leaving my workplace (where I know I won't be employed much longer). Also, I was starving. I hadn't eaten for six hours except for a few almonds.

Although I didn't drink, it was a wake up call because I was super close to drinking. And it was not going to be one drink. I wanted to escape completely from reality.
Old 01-30-2019, 04:44 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Hi all, minutes minutes, hours hours days days-its going to be ok that's all I can say. Thank you for being here. Thank you friends. Stay close, Im so proud of the progress. I wish I was more than 15 days but that's my number today.
Welcome Alice-Im sorry you have to ride it out, but I hope that it strengthens your resolve to stay away from the nonsense of booze its just not worth it.