Notices

One Year & Over Part 65

Old 01-08-2019, 03:27 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Thanks for all the kind words! Mom's vital signs are good and she is resting comfortably in the hospital. My brother is keeping me posted and the doctors were encouraging about her condition.

Have a Terrific Tuesday, overs!
Old 01-08-2019, 05:00 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Hoping your Mom makes a speedy and full recovery FBL!
Old 01-08-2019, 05:15 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  
Administrator

good news FBL

D
Old 01-08-2019, 05:26 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  
Magsie

That’s good news Fbl.

I’ve just returned from my hospital appointment with the haematologist and I’m havin a bone marrow biopsy next Thursday 17 Jan.

Have a good day my friends xx
Old 01-08-2019, 06:56 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FormerBeerLover View Post
Thanks for all the kind words! Mom's vital signs are good and she is resting comfortably in the hospital. My brother is keeping me posted and the doctors were encouraging about her condition.

Have a Terrific Tuesday, overs!
Sorry I missed this love.
Very very glad to hear that your mum is improving.
Sending love and prayers. ♥♥
Old 01-08-2019, 02:59 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Hello Overs. I have finished reclaiming the bow saws, husband wants to send them to a local metal artist and have a design put in them. So now I am in search of another project. I have become addicted to the show Flea Market Flip, watching people buy something than transform it to something else or prettier. I am finding refurbishing old stuff very relaxing and rewarding. That being said anyone know how to fix up cane/bamboo?

[IMG][/IMG
Old 01-08-2019, 10:30 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs,

Badge we have a program on tv where they go to the skip and ask people for some of their items and transform them, then sell them for, usually, a lot of money, which they then give to the person who was chucking it out! Money for nothing, it’s called.

Fbl, continued prayers for your mum.

Have a good day my friends. xx
Old 01-08-2019, 11:15 PM
  # 368 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 01-09-2019, 02:35 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Sassy,
I'm glad you like them. My wife grew up in her teens all over the Southern tier military bases as her father was career USAF. My father, a four year USAF military policeman, did northern tier, then I spent my ages 8-18 in Southern CT, in the New York metropolitan area. No one here knows what a real NYC Italian grinder is, or great NY pizza, never mind Sen Sen Dr. Pepper when it was just in one region, or clear birch beer. So I appreciate another from about my time and shares my area. My first songs that floored me were "Candy Girl" by "The Four Seasons," and this from 1959 when I was7:

FBL,
I agree and feel the same as you put it so well:
"I've seen too many people live by what they think society expects of them and they've been mostly miserable. Even my addiction was meant to be. Without it, I wouldn't have found so many wonderful friends here at SR and my other online fellowships. If more people lived by the golden rule, this world would be a much better place."

My best wishes for your mom's speedy recovery too.

Mags,
Good luck with your biopsy on the 17! I hope they nail your problem with it. Keep us posted.

Badge,
Nice work with the saws! My wife is the carpenter and we both enjoy refinishing and re-purposing.

Mags,
We love that show but only have one season here. I run a VPN so can use UK servers and watch the free online shows there too. She has done some amazing transformations. And a few clunkers. https://www.netflix.com/title/80224602

Hi Andy and all the overs! Give The Terrifics hugs from us and tell them we haven't forgotten them. Or you bud!

I am up too late again despite getting up at 0700 to meet with my dirt work guy to do some repairs of damage from the guy who tried to turn around in my yard, trespassing with his company truck. As long as my contractor friend is doing that, paid by them, I'm getting a load of SB2 gravel with fines since he'll have his tractor here anyway. I just pay for mine. As well Microsoft level 3 called on our appointment yesterday and finally after three warranty replacements I have a perfect Surface Pro 4 again. It's the i7, 8GB, 256GB SSD, with type cover and stylus. It took three replacements until they got it right. This one's issue was just a missing driver I'd never have found myself. Gotta rack, last physical here before we move is tomorrow.
Old 01-09-2019, 03:20 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  
Magsie

Itchy, all the best on your move tomorrow.
Old 01-09-2019, 03:29 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  

Itchy, funny thing - my current computer is also a Surface Pro 4, same specs. Computer minds think alike . Ah yes, Percy Faith - one of my all time favorites.

Mags, keeping my fingers crossed for you

Andy, definitely hugs for the Terrifics

Badge, I am not handy but do admire those who are!

Hi Suze

FBL, sending positive thoughts for your mom.

Happy Hump Day, Overs.
Old 01-09-2019, 06:51 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by badgerden View Post
Hello Overs. I have finished reclaiming the bow saws, husband wants to send them to a local metal artist and have a design put in them. So now I am in search of another project. I have become addicted to the show Flea Market Flip, watching people buy something than transform it to something else or prettier. I am finding refurbishing old stuff very relaxing and rewarding. That being said anyone know how to fix up cane/bamboo?

[IMG][/IMG
Oh my gosh...me too....and so does Nick.....I do not know anything about cane or bamboo though. I google. A lot.

Old 01-09-2019, 06:53 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  

Happy moving dearest Itchy.....well I hope it is not too stressful, and Happy Soberversary dear badge....another awesome month.
Old 01-09-2019, 10:34 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Suze,
Please answer my PMs and voicemail. You can just make it the ten digit phone number for Kathy that was on my desktop computer last August when the Microsoft techs "accidentally" deleted my data, all of it. If anyone else has her number please send it. Thanks in advance!

Hey guys, misunderstanding but today is my last annual physical with my doc of 20 years or so before we move. The actual move is a month or three more off. I have yet to fly up and put a deposit on the yet to be determined in person house. Then my wife will fly up and receive our household goods from the movers. as I return here to finish the yard work to sell this house. We would do the opposite, her stay behind with a Power of Attorney and me go ahead to stay in temporary quarters until she and our Household goods arrived. Timing is everything as houses are at their lowest demand in mid winter, and sell best in spring summer. So we buy low there and sell a few months later high here. A few months separation after 46 years married and spending our childhoods doing military moves and new schools ever two to four years, a couple of months apart just means we really look forward to the re-union.

So thanks for the good wishes for the move, but premature. I do hope there are no surprises today, I don't expect any, except the usual admonition to lose some weight! Here everyone thinks there is a pill for anything. Aging has no restorative, save the love of our family and friends, (those still alive.)

Sassy, really? That's too cool. My wife is into her smart phone now and her desktop but I use the tablets as a my tool to look up actor's names and shows while watching movies and historical documentaries. It is a great help to be able to know the correct order to watch films of the Marvel universe. Or what can be watched with the iviewer in other countries. If you have a VPN you aren't blocked by geoblocks. If you don't want to spend money on one you can install a second browser, Opera, which is free just like Firefox. That way you can try a VPN without all the baggage of having to pay later. https://www.opera.com/computer

Gotta go! Have a great day everyone.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:16 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  

I didn't get a PM love....sorry. xx
Old 01-09-2019, 12:56 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  

always good to read your posts,Itch
Old 01-09-2019, 09:45 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Thanks PJ,
Same for yours, especially your art, but I've told you that. I think you will find your art becoming in demand, sooner than later.

I get the results of the blood tests and UA tests. And with my Surface fixed and my main system fixed last month all my systems are running like scalded cats! One more follow up post Lasik surgery appointment next week on the 15th and I'm headed to Colorado to find the house. I just changed my email address on Amazon and a couple of others and realized how much of a pain it will be to change the emails of some but not others. Like my cell phone and auto pay accounts.
Stressful to move to a new state when I don't have the housing and movers handled by the military. RVing for seven years and getting rid of everything was lots easier than choosing what to pack and what to sell, donate, or throw out. Heck, I need the exercise.

Y'all have a week!
Old 01-09-2019, 09:49 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  
Magsie

Oops itchy, I read it wrong! Duh!

Morning overs, hubby is going to Wales with his mum and dad for a few days, today to visit his mum’s sister, who is very poorly. Hubbys cousin asked him to bring 30 pound of Lincolnshire Sausages and some meat pies, which we ordered earlier in the week and collected yesterday!

I have the house to myself to catch up on a few chores.

Hope it’s a good Thursday for everyone, my friends.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:16 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

The hospice are holding a remembrance service for Chris this afternoon.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:31 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  
Magsie

Andy, that’s a lovely thought, I hope you and young Terrific’s are ok