Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 420

Old 11-28-2018, 10:20 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post
Delilah, sending positive thoughts, hugs and prayers for you and your son’s visit to
psychologist .
Thanks Mags!❤️
Old 11-28-2018, 10:54 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Good morning all. 6.50am UK. Starting Day 2 again. I am not going to beat myself up for picking up but I am certainly going to learn by it. Bloody hate alcohol and can’t get my head around how something in a can/bottle can have so much power over my brain/body. I wish I could scrape out the part of my brain that has the alcohol thinking in it.
Wishing you all a good day
Old 11-28-2018, 11:26 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

24 more.
Old 11-28-2018, 11:58 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Delilah, thank goodness your son has got a mum like you. He will be fine .... of course he will be fine but what a worry, for him and for you. But focusing on all the positives (that far outweigh the negatives) the condition has been diagnosed early, your son shows great insight by being able to articulate how he feels (this is HUGE at any age, let alone 11) and as I said at the start, he has you as a mum. And you are an awesome mum, Delilah. I understand how you're feeling ... but you will get through this. And so will your son. Sending you both so much love and support xxxx

Quitter, Charlie is divine. There are no other words. Just divine xxxx

Amanda, congratulations on day 2. I remember wishing I could erase the part of my brain that kept demanding alcohol. I don't think it's possible to completely erase it but I have found a way to reduce that part of my brain in size so that it's far easier to control. Sobriety. Just stay sober today. Come and post here as often as you need... do whatever you need to do to stay sober today. Then let's deal with tomorrow when tomorrow happens. Just for today, let's deal with today. We're all here to help you Amanda. Sending you so much love xxxx

Congratulations to everyone celebrating a milestone today..... not long now CK!! .... 24 more for me please xxxx
Old 11-29-2018, 01:17 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Good morning all.
Looks like the virus is spreading and Hannah is in bed very poorly today. I've called in sick again myself too. I made the mistake of asking if the boss was cross about yesterday and apparently he was and had already called in to check if I was there before I called in!
Red I did chuckle about you and I identifying with our careers too much. It's my barometer for measuring my wellness but you're right of course. I put too much importance on it and end up like this. Totally burned out and exhausted. It's done now I'm not going in so I need to make the most of the day and not worry because truth is I need to clear my mind and charge my batteries a little.
(((((Delilah))))) I'm so glad your son has such a wonderful mum to guide him through his own journey. I hope everything goes well today xxxxxx

Okay......I need to think about what I want to do today. First job is a nice coffee (decaf I'm avoiding caffeine) and a catch up here before I potter on in the house and try a bit of meditation. I'm a bit chewed up with guilt with not being at work truth be told......sheesh! Never mind it's done now so I'll try and make the day count.

24 more please xxxxxx
Old 11-29-2018, 01:18 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

24 more please...Love to All
Old 11-29-2018, 01:29 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

posting from my phone so no option to like any posts. X

Happy to take another 24 please. Much love to you all and thank you for being part of my journey. Xxxx
Old 11-29-2018, 02:03 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Jo, there is a short meditation called the Self Compassion break that has been incredibly helpful to me over the last year or so. If you google it, you will be able to download the guided meditation. It only takes 10 minutes or so but it is really, really effective. Hoping you and Hannah feel better soon xxxx
Old 11-29-2018, 02:31 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Morning all. Its just after 10.30am here in the UK. Please count me in for another 24 hours sober and clean. Congratulations to those celebrating a milestone, my thoughts and prayers go out to those suffering and struggling.
Old 11-29-2018, 02:33 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Another 24 for me please at 5:32 am. Have a good day all!
Old 11-29-2018, 02:39 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Checking in again after a pretty emotional day. My little guy,not really little, he's 11, but my baby, has been struggling in school this year. He's always had fine motor issues, but has been able to use technology, and get his work done. He's always had some verbal tics, and this year they have gotten a little more frequent, aa well as some small motor tics, nothing extreme, but more prevalent. Anyway he's been having a very difficult time focusing in class, and teachers thought the inattention was related to ADD, we did eating scales and saw his doctor and she starred him on Concerta, but really not seeing a difference. She also referred him to neurology, and we went there today. The neurologist diagnosed him with Tourette's Syndrome, which I was expecting, but she also diagnosed him with moderate OCD, and anxiety. We have an appointment with a child psychologist tomorrow, and my husband and I are both going with him.

I learned that early onset for OCD is between 10-12, which makes sense as to why this year has been more difficult than those in the past.

The good news is we will get a plan in place to support him. He's a very smart little guy, but has been pretty stressed about school this year. Listening to him speak to the doctor today about how he feels, and the thoughts he has was pretty eye opening. He was extremely articulate, and had good questions.

I know there are lots of treatment options, and I know he will be okay, but still not an easy day, and as a mom always difficult when something is going to be a struggle for one of our babies.

Send some good thoughts and prayers this way for a productive visit with the psychologist tomorrow.

❤️Delilah
Sending lots of love and support for you and your family, D. You know we are also dealing with something similar so I can relate to the stress and the endless wish for health and peace for our children.

You are doing the right thing getting him help- I believe you will make it through this as a family- your love and commitment is so strong. Thinking of you today and always,
Sunny
Old 11-29-2018, 02:40 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
Jo, there is a short meditation called the Self Compassion break that has been incredibly helpful to me over the last year or so. If you google it, you will be able to download the guided meditation. It only takes 10 minutes or so but it is really, really effective. Hoping you and Hannah feel better soon xxxx
Love this- going to do it later on today- Thanks Kenton!
Old 11-29-2018, 02:49 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

24 more please!

Old 11-29-2018, 02:54 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Checking in at 5:54 am from Ashburn, VA, USA.
Old 11-29-2018, 03:17 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Another 24 is the plan for today please.

So, I have no idea where the feelings are coming from, but I literally feel like screaming the house down today. Full on AV pity party in the making.
Alcohol is not joining the mix, not today. Little annoying thing going wrong are getting to me,my procrastination is getting to me and what am I doing about it??? Stirring the pity pot like crazy, that's what.......

Rant over, that feels better. On with my day, it will get better. AV, NOT TODAY, NO THANKS.

Congrats to our wonderful milestoners and my Love and best wishes to you if you are struggling or suffering today.

Much Love 24'ers, onwards we go, Thank you for being here and keeping me safe. SP
Old 11-29-2018, 03:43 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations CrossYourHeart ~ 10 months! ♥
joandmelandhan ~ 1 year & 4 months! ♥

Delilah - your son has a great mom - thats a great thing to have - I'm sure he will be fine

D
Old 11-29-2018, 03:45 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

24 more please!
Old 11-29-2018, 03:50 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

24 more, please.
Old 11-29-2018, 04:04 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
Thank you Kenton I will do that ❤❤❤
Old 11-29-2018, 04:05 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

In for another 24