24 more for me please. Love to all. xx
Old 11-14-2018, 06:14 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Urban Hermit

24 more please.
Old 11-14-2018, 06:31 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RedBerryJuniper View Post
Congratulations Willow on 6 months! That is wonderful.

And 24 for me, please.

Thank you JoJo and Suze for your kind words. Love you both, my dear friends.

JoJo, I know what you mean—that odd feeling like you’re back near the beginning and every time, it’s because we aren’t taking care of the basics. I get sick of the basics too—like why do I have to purposefully eat well, rest, calm down, come to the boards—why isn’t everything like that automatic already? There’s that part of me that slides back to old habits. Then I’m mad about that, but maybe it will always be there. I think it gets better, but does not completely go away. I think that’s what happened when I went back out after years of sobriety. I am so happy you see what’s happening and can change course. I’ve been up and down a lot, too. Strong one day, and unraveled the next. Being sober is always a great thing to hold on to...it’s the one constant that guarantees the best possible outcome. Nothing ever improved while drinking.

Suze, it’s very hard—thank you so much. I know I’m not alone with this and that’s so important. I talked to them tonight and they both are sounding better than yesterday. I don’t know how long they can live in their home even though they have help, or how quickly things might worsen but staying in today helps so much. It’s good to train the brain to stay in the solutions and away from worry and fear. Not easy at all. I really appreciate your support. My mother wants me to come over and cook with her since she’s been feeling low. Brought tears to my eyes. She really wants to make things better however we can. Her attitude is good—doesn’t want to give up at all. So we’re optimistic

Love to everyone and good night

Red

Oh Red....love you so much.

I hope you have a lovely time cooking with your mum. ♥♥
Old 11-14-2018, 06:31 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RedBerryJuniper View Post
Dows anyone know if you’re able to thank people for their posts anymore? Did that option go away or is it somewhere else? I guess I could start thanking by replying or message.

by the way..thank you for being here and posting today!

love

Red
I can help you love....perhaps PM if you haven't worked it out yet....
Old 11-14-2018, 06:33 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
If you're using an Iphone, I believe thanks is no longer an option RBJ- not sure why.

D
I am sure this must be driving you crazy, even though you are so zen.

I can help....I worked it out for all android phones....it is just a bit different than it used to be.

Old 11-14-2018, 06:34 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BuddinK View Post
Haven't signed in here in quite a while, was looking over some old posts from when I first got sober and thought I'd check in, I was one of the originals of this thread from over 5 years ago! Original start of this thread was April 5, 2013!

If you're just starting out, keep with it and keep checking in here, This site and this thread were hugely instrumental in my early days of sobriety.

Stay Strong!
Oh oh oh.....happy happy heart.....so much love my friend.....so VERY happy to see you posting here. ♥♥♥♥♥
Old 11-14-2018, 06:56 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I can't remember what film it is... it might be 'Meet the Parents'... but I'm thinking about the film where Robert De Niro gives Ben Stiller a truth serum. Well, I think maybe someone has slipped a truth serum into my tea.. it's most odd. It started yesterday when I collected my kids from school and my 9 year old daughter was upset. She gave out invites to her birthday party last week and the class bully found out she isn't invited and has been making my daughter's life hell for the last week. I always encourage my kids to stand up for themselves and try to sort these issues out themselves but yesterday the class bully had really upped the ante, she called my daughter a 'f***ing b****' and told other kids not to play with her... just classic playground bullying. My daughter is a sensitive soul and this behaviour hurt her. The problem is... this class bully comes from a family of bullies and no one ever seems to stand up to them. I went into the school yesterday and spoke to the teacher and the headmaster and told him the bullying needs to stop. He said that he would speak to the parents. Last night I got a call from the mother ranting at me down the phone. And I don't know what's happened to me but I managed to stay very calm and very honest. Really honest. I told her how angry I was about the situation but that I was trying very hard to keep a lid on my anger but if her daughter bullies my kid again, I'm gonna let the anger explode. And she seemed a bit shocked that I wasn't scared and we ended the conversation with her saying she would have a word with her child. I leave work in 30 minutes to collect my kids from school so I'll find out then how it's been today.

After this conversation, my brother called me to say that my mum has been saying some fairly dreadful stuff about me. So, I phoned up my mum and had the most honest conversation that I have ever had with her. I told her everything. I even told her that I'm an alcoholic. To begin with, she burst into tears and told me I'm the worst child in the world and she can't believe that I would dream of speaking to her in this way. Then she said that she never wanted to see or hear from me again. But somehow I managed to stay calm and I managed to be honest. And somehow she managed to stay on the phone without hanging up and when she said, 'I understand how much you must miss dad because I know how close you were to him'... I started to cry tears of happiness. My mum has never once seen things from my point of view. Never. This was the first time I have ever felt 'heard' by her. And it felt incredible. And I know this is real life and there will likely be some kind of fall out from our conversation but before yesterday she wasn't speaking to me anyway so I don't feel like I've lost anything. I feel proud of myself for being brave. I'm going to carry on trying to be brave. And honest. Oh, and when I told my mum I'm an alcoholic, she said, 'ssshhh! someone might hear'. I don't know why but I found that really funny. I know we'll never be best buddies but if we can get to a point where we can be honest with each other, I think that will be wonderful. I wouldn't have this strength and courage if it wasn't for sobriety and you guys so thank you. 24 more for me please xxx
Old 11-14-2018, 07:04 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Still here and ready for another sober day!
Old 11-14-2018, 07:30 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I'll take another -- ready for alcohol free day 18.
Old 11-14-2018, 08:13 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Count me in, please.

Congrats to our Milestoners!

. .

Lots of love to all.
Old 11-14-2018, 08:17 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
I can't remember what film it is... it might be 'Meet the Parents'... but I'm thinking about the film where Robert De Niro gives Ben Stiller a truth serum. Well, I think maybe someone has slipped a truth serum into my tea.. it's most odd. It started yesterday when I collected my kids from school and my 9 year old daughter was upset. She gave out invites to her birthday party last week and the class bully found out she isn't invited and has been making my daughter's life hell for the last week. I always encourage my kids to stand up for themselves and try to sort these issues out themselves but yesterday the class bully had really upped the ante, she called my daughter a 'f***ing b****' and told other kids not to play with her... just classic playground bullying. My daughter is a sensitive soul and this behaviour hurt her. The problem is... this class bully comes from a family of bullies and no one ever seems to stand up to them. I went into the school yesterday and spoke to the teacher and the headmaster and told him the bullying needs to stop. He said that he would speak to the parents. Last night I got a call from the mother ranting at me down the phone. And I don't know what's happened to me but I managed to stay very calm and very honest. Really honest. I told her how angry I was about the situation but that I was trying very hard to keep a lid on my anger but if her daughter bullies my kid again, I'm gonna let the anger explode. And she seemed a bit shocked that I wasn't scared and we ended the conversation with her saying she would have a word with her child. I leave work in 30 minutes to collect my kids from school so I'll find out then how it's been today.

After this conversation, my brother called me to say that my mum has been saying some fairly dreadful stuff about me. So, I phoned up my mum and had the most honest conversation that I have ever had with her. I told her everything. I even told her that I'm an alcoholic. To begin with, she burst into tears and told me I'm the worst child in the world and she can't believe that I would dream of speaking to her in this way. Then she said that she never wanted to see or hear from me again. But somehow I managed to stay calm and I managed to be honest. And somehow she managed to stay on the phone without hanging up and when she said, 'I understand how much you must miss dad because I know how close you were to him'... I started to cry tears of happiness. My mum has never once seen things from my point of view. Never. This was the first time I have ever felt 'heard' by her. And it felt incredible. And I know this is real life and there will likely be some kind of fall out from our conversation but before yesterday she wasn't speaking to me anyway so I don't feel like I've lost anything. I feel proud of myself for being brave. I'm going to carry on trying to be brave. And honest. Oh, and when I told my mum I'm an alcoholic, she said, 'ssshhh! someone might hear'. I don't know why but I found that really funny. I know we'll never be best buddies but if we can get to a point where we can be honest with each other, I think that will be wonderful. I wouldn't have this strength and courage if it wasn't for sobriety and you guys so thank you. 24 more for me please xxx
Um.....wow kent....I am speechless. Yes me, motor mouth of the South (well, when I was in Aus)....

You are magic. And I am proud of you and so happy for you. What a massive massive thing to do.....telling your mum.....taking control of everything the way you did.....you are a superstar.
Old 11-14-2018, 08:48 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Good morning beautiful souls

My grandson Mason will be 5 in beginning of Dec. he is in foster home at the moment I talk to his case worker yesterday because he is supposed to go to my ex his gramma the same woman who give him away few months back my daughter his mom is no near ready to be. A mom to him I being worry about him. For the past few days I being feeling guilty of me not taken responsibility of him but this morning I decided that I can’t I already raise 6 kids 2 of my own adopted one when my ex cheated and became pregnant plus another of her a boy that he choose me to be his dad plus 2 more of my second marriage , I don’t want to feel bad or guilty about because I don’t want to be resentful to him or my daughter is I take him in I’m an alcoholic and I know what resentment can do to me, the best I can do is be in his life pick him up for a sleepover and hope the best for him that God will be in his life guiding him.
I lost work yesterday and today just by thinking about it now I hope that God is guiding me to take the right decisions for it.

Please give me another 24 hrs of freedom from alcohol freedom from drugs and freedom from self
Old 11-14-2018, 09:30 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

24 more for me please at 12:30 pm.

Enjoy the day all!
Old 11-14-2018, 10:09 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Checking in for another 24 xx
Old 11-14-2018, 11:10 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Another 24 for me please
Old 11-14-2018, 11:56 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Song for you all - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C-OTvJ4jyQ
Old 11-14-2018, 12:03 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

One more sure why not - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0xIB81MnRY
Old 11-14-2018, 12:42 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Wow Kenton! That’s so awesome. Really really awesome ❤️

24 more for me please. Thanks everyone for your love and support. I wouldn’t be able to do this sobereeno life without you all ❤️
Old 11-14-2018, 02:00 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Goodnight Guys
Old 11-14-2018, 02:06 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm here for my 24 sober ones.