Notices

One Year & Over Part 64

Old 11-03-2018, 06:31 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Andy, a big to carry with you. Good that the funeral director has met Mrs T and your children.

Wolfie, a for you, too.

Hi PJ I may not say much (hah!) but I read all of your posts in the threads I watch and am so fortunate to know you.

FBL, good that you can visit your mom on special occasions. She is very fortunate.

Hi Itchy how goes the move planning?

Toots, I am doing ok. Still sore arms and knee but gradual improvement. My knee is a gorgeous (or hideous, depending on viewpoint) purple color. At least I am not ready for the walker club just yet.

Mags, l really like that poem!

Hi Dee, CK, Suze, SG and all of the Overs

Every day that I don’t drink is a beautiful day
Old 11-03-2018, 07:34 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Glad you are healing dearest Sass
And so relieved that your mum is OK FBL.

And so glad you were able to sleep dear Andy.
What a wonderful blessing to have that connection with the funeral director, so special that he was able to meet Mrs T and know her magic just a little.

toots is right ( of course)....and I hope you all know how much you mean to me.

And not just in cyberspace....I would love to meet all of you and spend time with you. Meanwhile, I am incredibly grateful for our friendship.

And we rock, but that goes without saying.....

Old 11-03-2018, 12:22 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Magsie

Andy, my husband’s friend is an undertaker, always wanted to be one when at school, and after leaving school he followed his vocation. His son has also followed in his footsteps, but what I find wonderful is the respect and dignity they give to all who have passed , treating each person with the upmost care.
Old 11-03-2018, 02:12 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

And they are such kind, professional, smooth experts with the million and one logistical phonecalls that have to be made.
Old 11-03-2018, 03:35 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Magsie

I agree wholeheartedly
Old 11-03-2018, 07:04 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Andy,
You will of course have a million decisions to make, and life with your girls goes on. We are all standing by you in spirit. Andy you haven't talked much about your extended family. Have you got family close by you can count on? I hope so. Like AA, sometimes face to face is needed too.

Sassy!
Wow! Sorry you are still sore! Glad you are on the mend. The move is getting there, thanks for asking. Some boxes are packed and really all we have to do is buy the house and move all but our mowers as we are downsizing the 5 acres of yard to a little 1/4 acre lot most of which is covered by house and drive and patio. Most of the ones we like have landscaped front yards with little to no maintenance. I can do all the mowing with a self-propelled push mower and a string trimmer maybe two. Here is a fleet of tractors and mowers and trimmer with attachments for everything, and all the manual tools and three lawn carts. I will be glad to sell them all and downsize to just the self propelled push mower one yard cart, and two string trimmers. Click on this link to see what I mean by maintenance free to little:
Toots I missed your last post and thanks for the reminder.

FBL, are these all different shows or the same vendors same shows?

Dinner's ready, TTYL.

Last edited by Dee74; 11-04-2018 at 03:17 PM. Reason: commercial link
Old 11-04-2018, 12:01 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs,

Andy, sending more support and love for you and your girls.

Take care and love to all the overs
Old 11-04-2018, 01:20 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Do your best

So i ring my dad at quarter to eight to say good morning and i find out my cousin who was at my aunts fuenral in scotland died last night - he was playing guitar and singing songs with my brother & sisters less than 48h ago - reports are it was a brain anerysum from a recent highway collision

My family have just got back from that fuenral i have my mil in a few days and now looks were headed back up to scotland in a few weeks or less might bring mrs sw to show her where my family comes from

Im ok but my family are taking it hard it stings losing loved ones so i try to remain strong for those who cannot and try to do my best in a bad situation - the chips are down but there is always a chip shop open i guess

Big massive love to my cousin for bringing me on pink floyd and letting me **** around on his fender back in the day and for the crazy summer in london bro

Im in shock but i got coffee my everlast weightlifting gloves on im wearing shorts like a true scot in this beautiful 10°c and im going to lift weights no need to pump myself up im good but i love to stretch for ages for anyone 40+ if you dont stretch ... Stretch its bloody awesome and fasting is great for auto immune problems among a wealth of other health benefits

Crazy huh
Old 11-04-2018, 01:27 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hugs again Wolfie, your family sure is getting their share of tough luck just now x

Hugs to all who need one today
Old 11-04-2018, 01:59 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for all the loss you're experiencing soberwolf.

D
Old 11-04-2018, 01:03 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I'm sorry, SW.
Old 11-04-2018, 01:46 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Magsie

So sorry Wolfie . Love to you and your family
Old 11-04-2018, 01:51 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Prayers SW
Old 11-04-2018, 02:29 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks but I'm just gonna be really honest - look out for Andy no doubt your recovery is solid bro but I can't imagine losing Mrs sw and for that if I can ever help by listening for real for real know I saw my dad go through this and I'm currently seeing it up close with my fil so yeah if I can help just ask

Rang my sponsor and said I just wanted to do something normal it was 8.30am on a Sunday definitely not normal lol we laughed at that and I got on with weights

Big love Overs and to anyone who has ever lost someone
Old 11-04-2018, 02:39 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Do your best

I thought I didn't say thank you for the msgs but it was the first word of the sentence of my last post lol

Speak soon guys I'm ok x
Old 11-04-2018, 02:40 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Wolfie, so sorry

Itchy, that house looks lovely and huge to me (I live in a 623 sq ft apartment). I think you’re smart to downsize before it becomes more difficult.

Have a good Sunday, Overs! I hear it’s going to be beautiful here.
Old 11-04-2018, 03:34 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I am so sorry dear wolfie.....may your cousin rest in peace.

Not to be in bad taste here in a sad time, but Itchy your house is magnificent.
Just completely lovely. Thank you so very much for sharing that. And gosh, how different property values are here....in Aus, that would set you back at least double and that is allowing for the currency conversion. Bet it sells fast.
Old 11-04-2018, 03:35 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Good morning dear Andy and love to all of the Overs. ♥♥
Old 11-04-2018, 04:02 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Sending more support for Andy and Wolfie today.

I picked up a lot more cards yesterday. Itch, most of the regular shows run once a month around here. We have 3 different people running them and they each attract different vendors. Obviously, there are some that are at every show, but there's always a good mix involved. I also buy from online dealers and there are no shortage of those around.

Have a Super Sunday, overs!
Old 11-04-2018, 04:17 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

SW - condolences brother.

The match was a route 14-0 to DD's team. The other team's coach died last week (36). We all showed him our respect but our girls did what their coach has told them to do.

I found a document on Mrs T's computer called 'Funeral Music'. She said she would put a list together but we never got to talk about it.

https://youtu.be/jQk23ViALh4

Have a beautiful day everyone.