Notices

One Year & Over Part 64

Old 11-28-2018, 05:58 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Continued good fortune on the house search Itchy. Did you decide on Colorado Springs or are you still casting a wide net?

Have a good day all!
Old 11-28-2018, 06:50 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Sinatra was my mum's all-time favourite.
I think I loved his daughter more....

Old 11-28-2018, 07:32 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

I always liked that song, too.
Old 11-28-2018, 07:49 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  
Magsie

Brilliant song, it was in Kill Bill!
Old 11-28-2018, 07:59 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  

And....oh wow, I did not know it was actually Cher's song: she wrote it.
Old 11-28-2018, 11:55 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
And....oh wow, I did not know it was actually Cher's song: she wrote it.
Yes, Cher had the big hit with it in 1966. However, it was actually written by her husband, Sonny Bono.

Old 11-28-2018, 04:48 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Morning overs!
I saw an amazing picture I was sure was "Photoshopped" but more amazing was it was real. The Australians bred a giant bull that is bigger than a car. He was saved from the abattoir by his size - He was too big for the processing plant equipment! So they decided he would live out his life as a "coach" and relax alive for the rest of his days.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...D=ansmsnnews11

Mags,
Thanks so much for the link again. Yep the projectors are great for the convenience. No ladders. Some are great and others not so much so.

Andy, I started my day this morning watching your Service for your Mrs. Wonderful. It really started my day with a smile to get to know a little about her, and glimpse the kids. As well as the choice of music. You guys are a beautiful family. Thanks for letting us share with you.

Sassy,
I grew up from age 7-19 in Stamford CT an hour 2 dollar train ride from NYC's Grand Central Station in the 60s. So the Tri-State home boys, Dino, Ol' Blue Eyes, Tony Bennett, all had longer lasting popularity, among others, than the rest from the age of crooners.

Gil,
Yeah, one of mine too. But it means a different thing to me today as I see the older gent in my mirror who keeps jumping in front of me mimicking me.

Star,
Me too thanks! I am looking harder in the Springs as I can save enough to buy a Tesla Model 3. The folks who advise me not to live there say there is a lot of crime. My goodness it is nothing compared to the crime here with one to three shooting nightly in Shreveport across the river and the crazy numbers of Opioid addicts and meth heads here. A good neighborhood in the Springs will be as safe as a good neighborhood here. Not a gated community just a nice one.

Suze,
We called her Nancy "Go-Go Boots Queen" Sinatra! Many, if not most, of the songs she recorded were covers of songs that were hits for others first. I liked her too, especially in a mini skirt and go-go boots and those tops she wore on TV. We aren't alone, she has 89 TV and Movie song credits from 1957 to 2018, as well as 14 acting credits: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005434/
Old 11-28-2018, 07:07 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  
Magsie

Itchy, the news of the giant bull made our news last night (Wednesday). He was sooo big compared to the others!

Fbl, thanks for sharing the Cher video, I’ve not seen it before, brilliant song.

I’m up at stupid o’clock again. (Crikey my predictive text even knows this words! Lol.)

I seemed to have stagnated! I can’t seem to find my ‘get up and go’. I wanted, but not needed, to go to shop yesterday, but I just couldn’t be bothered, especially as it was lashing rain and wind. I don’t want to end up a couch potato, but in a way, I’m enjoying it as well.
Maybe it’s all the feelings I’m going through, whilst trying to find the retired me?

Anyways, enough about me!

Have a lovely Thursday, my friends, I do treasure each and every one of you, I hope you know this xx
Old 11-28-2018, 09:07 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Old 11-28-2018, 11:33 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Mags staying inside when it is wet and windy is not being a couch potato, it's common sense.

The wet and wind is still with me, I'm staying inside today.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 11-29-2018, 12:09 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  
Magsie

Andy, that makes me feel much better, thanks!
Old 11-29-2018, 01:58 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Mags here too, lousy day! I have to go shopping and am waiting to see if it clears up later. I think when you retire, the lack of time constraints can cause an element of procrastination, but also allows flexibility. If you are unable to go out is there an indoor project you want to get on with?
It's 1st on Saturday so I will use this wet day to get the decorations from the attic. I guess we will be emptying that at some point soon in preparation for the move!
Old 11-29-2018, 02:07 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  
Magsie

Toots, I imagine it’s worse weather where you are, up north!
I am going to put the tree up when hubby gets it from attic. I can get up there but struggle to bring anything down.

I’ve got a few projects in mind, one of them is to clear the hoarded stuff I’ve got in the attic. Why did I save it, just in case! That will take me a good while, when I get started on it.
Old 11-29-2018, 04:12 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Itchy, love the lion clip - except for size, it reminds me of some of my kitties :-)

Mags, I still occasionally feel a wee bit guilty for being lazy but on the whole I love that feeling of being free.

Have a good day, Overs
Old 11-29-2018, 04:36 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Mags, I hope you find your "retirement groove" soon. My plan is to work until I drop. I just can't see myself doing anything other than what I've been doing for the past 26+ years.

We had an inch of snow overnight. Just enough to make the roads a bit slick this morning.

Have a Thunderous Thursday, overs!
Old 11-29-2018, 05:03 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  
Magsie

Fbl, that sounds like a good plan! Especially with you enjoying it so much.
Old 11-29-2018, 10:23 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I don't hug creatures who could bite my head off, and those are just the humans!

I couldn't go back to work for another anymore Mags, and I sure don't want to work for the worst boss I ever had when self-employed. That SOB made me work weekends too!

I wonder what retirement would be like in the next century.
Old 11-29-2018, 11:04 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  
Magsie

Itchy, I get that about not working for someone, that freedom is great.

In the next century they probably have people working until they’re 100!
Old 11-29-2018, 05:38 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I just heard late yesterday about flooding in Scotland and Australia, different storms. Hope none of our buds here were involved.
Old 11-29-2018, 09:32 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Not in South Aust, Itch. Sydney I know had a deluge and Queensland has dozens of wild fires- several are firestorms.
Lots of gardening and cleaning up today. Very rootbound plants for old neighbor.
No results from the Art School for another week.
The tiredness has lifted.
Support to all.