Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 408

Old 09-09-2018, 04:22 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Checking in at 7:22 am from Ashburn, VA, USA.
Old 09-09-2018, 04:30 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  
G-Woman

Good morning all, it's 7:22am here in Mississauga. Another 24 for me please and thanks!

Big cycling event today! The skies are grey and it's windy out there....but I'm always super stoked to get out on two wheels!
Old 09-09-2018, 04:41 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  

This is a list of everyone who posted their commitment to stay sober in the last
24 hours: 8 pm EDT ~ 7.59 pm EDT.

It is awesome to have every single one of you here with us!

1newcreation
abcowboy
Atlast9999
aussieblue
Awake61
Babs1234
badgerden
bandicoot2
BarbieKen
Ben123
BringingBackB
Bubovski
Canadian Koala
CeeFarro
ChloeRose63
Coldfusion
CrossYourHeart
Daisybelle
Dee74
Delilah1
Dreamcatcher
erfra7
EternalNow
Finalround
Free2bme888
ForMe247
FormerBeerLover
Gabe1980
gatorman
Goat
Gilmer
goodbyeevan
goose333
gypsytears
Hats
Hevyn
Jack16
joandmelandhan
John65
jsm273
julietUK
Kaneda8888
kenton
kevlarsjal2
KeyofC
Kris47
least
LillianGish
lilymaz
Lostmyoffswitch
LoveHateWhine
Lulubread
lyddie
Mags1
Marcutah1
Minion09
Neoo
Nic233
nmd
Nonfiction1
ODAATCAT
Patterson
PhoenixJ
Plenny
Purplrks3647
Quincy
quitter62
Rainman1
Rar
RedBerryJuniper
Saskia
ShenzyT
shortstop81
Snufkin
soberista
SoberLeigh
stargazer016
StartAnew68
StartingOverNW
Sunflower79
Sunflowerlife
Sweetpeacan
Tang
tgirl
TheToddman
theVman31
time2LLL60
Tinker B
tomls
vanaprastha
venuscat
VikingGF
Vinificent
WaterOx
WeaverBird
whopper
Willow68
wiscsober
xpander76
Yixi
yukonm
Zanna
zeppodog
zoeydog

Onward together!

September 9, 2018

Jack16 ~ 4 weeks!
Zanna ~ 1 year & 8 months!

Old 09-09-2018, 04:45 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by goose333 View Post
I was working in the yard yesterday. Very tired. Went grocery shopping & made dinner. I was exhausted. When I get like that, I start to think about drinking. It calls me. I always used to enjoy a drink when I was physically exhausted. Boy did I want one yesterday. It passed, but today I thought I'd read an old post of mine. It always helps. Here's a link so my friends can have a reminder too. Doesn't hurt to be reminded even if we don't need it at the moment.

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ml#post6705129 (Reasons why I don’t want that first drink)

I'll take another 24 today
5:40 am EDT
Hi love.....I have been thinking of you and your wife. How is she?

And I am so glad you posted the link to the thread you started....it is awesome and it helped me a great deal....hoping it comes back to life now. xx
Old 09-09-2018, 04:51 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
24 hours please from the beautiful sunshine of home, where my heart is full of love ❤️

These last weeks have been so very hard, and I am so very grateful to everyone, to every single one of you here on SR for your love and support ❤️❤️❤️

I had so many temptations to give in to the bottle, the AV was at times very fierce, telling me to just give up trying, to pick up that drink . I had so much grief, feelings of desperate sadness, despair and the utter pointlessness of it all, which could so easily have led to me picking up a glass or just necking it straight from the bottle. I came very very close quite a few times. It would have been so easy to drown out my sorrows in the bottom of a bottle of red wine, but one bottle wouldn’t have been enough and it would certainly have led to more bottles, and more, and more, and so it goes on. It’s that realisation of the reality of my drinking that stopped me from having that first one. Because I’ve realised it’s never just one. But even with that realisation there were a few moments when I didn’t even care about the consequences. I thought so what, I’ll end up a homeless drunk, I don’t care, it’s better than this misery and hurt of losing my parents. My dear old Dad. And my beautiful Mum.

My dear beautiful precious and gracious mother ❤️
And that’s what stopped me from picking up that first desperate drink. My Mum. The memory of my mother’s eyes looking at me with such love in her final hours. Just looking into my eyes with such love and peace. That is what stopped me from drinking again. My mother’s beautiful loving eyes. I will be forever grateful to her, for her love and unwavering support. I loved my Dad too, but it’s my Mum who was always there for me, no matter what. And she’s still always there for me, no matter what. So I will not drink. For Mum. To honour her. And for me, because I deserve a better life than can be found in the bottom of a bottle ❤️
Ok, now I am crying big time. ❤️

I am so proud of you....and filled with love and respect.
Your mum is smiling at you my love. ❤️❤️
Old 09-09-2018, 04:53 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  

That was your post, so I didn't want to quote and add this....sorry, not awake yet, I think you will understand....Willow darling, I feel the same, the exact same way. Many of the people I am close to here know that losing my mum, and dad changed me profoundly. I honour them every day.

This is my favourite picture from the 60s, I think....I may well not have been born yet.

(Nick will tell you that is my exact smile....well I think so.....).
Old 09-09-2018, 04:56 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Thanks goose333, I needed that reminder, I started a journal after my last binge and wrote something very similar. Signing in for 24 hours of no alcohol.
Old 09-09-2018, 04:59 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
Just woke up after the oddest dream. I was in my car but I wasn't driving ... I never saw the face of the person driving. I was sitting in the passenger seat and we were travelling along this long, winding road. The road was occasionally bumpy and sometimes there was a bit of traffic but it was OK. ... we were moving forward towards wherever we needed to be. But the driver kept getting impatient and kept saying that if we veered off and took toll roads, we'd get to our destination quicker. So we veered off and the toll was extortionate but I paid it and then we ended up completely lost. The toll road didn't seem to go anywhere ... so we took ages to get back onto the long, winding, steady road and we journeyed on that for a while before the driver seemed to forget how expensive and useless the toll road had been and started looking for another toll road 'shortcut'.

It's unusual for me to remember dreams so clearly and I don't need to be Einstein to work this one out. The mysterious driver is my AV. The long, winding, sometimes-bumpy road is sobriety and those toll road 'shortcuts' represent alcohol. When I was drinking I used to turn up at parties and drink a couple of drinks really quick..... searching for a shortcut through shyness and social anxiety. I wanted to become confident, witty and sparkly and I wanted to become it NOW. But the problem was .... I may have become confident, witty and sparkly for about 2 minutes but then I became obnoxious, annoying and drunk.

Similarly, whenever I felt any emotion that made me uneasy, I would take a shortcut to feeling OK again. So I would drink to drown out the emotion but the emotion never went away .... instead it would resurface at an inexplicable time and be expressed in a disproportionate manner ... explains why I often ended up drunk and crying with absolutely no idea of the real reason behind the tears.

And the toll I paid for these 'shortcuts'? Eye watering. Much better to stay on the long, winding road. All those bumps are only bumps and on this road I'm actually travelling somewhere.

Love to everyone and 24 more for me please xxxx
Awesome awesome post..... (for a change, sheesh.....ha ha ha)

Seriously just wonderful. A sticky. If the mods see this....

I am so freaking over paying the toll.....eye watering indeed....gut-wrenching to be honest. In actual dollars, hundreds of thousands in lost wages and all sorts of things.....lost years.....lost chances....and then needing to sort out the map and get back on the road.....it has been HARD.....worth it beyond belief, but hard.

I want to stay on the highway now, with all of you. That's where the real trip is.... ♥♥
Old 09-09-2018, 05:02 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Hey all, signing in for 24.

Shortstop - happy cycling. It's the best tonic. Boris Johnson, the former mayor of London said that cycling is the closest thing to flying. I'm not a big fan of the man, but I'm totally with him there.

Venus - I love the photo. Great smiles.

Have a peaceful day everyone x
Old 09-09-2018, 05:15 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. I am in for 24 more 💕
Old 09-09-2018, 05:31 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats to everyone recommitting to recovery today - especially

Jack16 ~ 4 weeks! ♥
Zanna ~ 1 year & 8 months! ♥

D
Old 09-09-2018, 05:36 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

LoveHateWhine ~ 1 week! ♥
LillianGish ~ 3 weeks! ♥
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Nic233 ~ 10 months! ♥
Kaneda8888 ~ 5 years!!!!! ♥♥
least ~ 8 years & 9 months! ♥
Jack16 ~ 4 weeks! ♥
Zanna ~ 1 year & 8 months! ♥

In for 24 at 0734 Happy Grandparents Day Time

Things are going well

Caught up on all posts....thank you everyone for posting

Go PACK Go...finally NFL

Will be working at the YMCA 20 hours a week

Taking Naltrexone in the morning I no longer call symbolic, but it's an actual defining decision to live sober for this day.

24 hours at a time but breaking it down in 30 minute increments.

Go Bucky too!
Old 09-09-2018, 05:47 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  
Urban Hermit

24 more please.
Old 09-09-2018, 06:28 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Greetings from gorgeous Delray Beach, Fl. I am having such a good time and really surprise myself withhow easily I have been adapting to a schedule which is far from normal for me. Later dinners, much later bedtimes (past midnight both nights so far) and sleeping in until 8:50 exactly each morning which I haven’t done in almost 7 years.

It is so nice to have a break from the norm and celebrate my friend and her baby which is coming in November. And it’s great to be surrounded by other women- really great women who lift each other up and are so easy to talk to and get along with.

I’ve been in several situations around alcohol so far without a flinch- a dinner last night and then an impromptu trip to a (gasp) gentlemen’s club. It was hilarious to watch all the drunk women flail themselves at these men and we all had a good time. My friend’s 80 year old mother even came with us and shared some dollar bills with the boys. It’s was a riot!

I am the first one up again and debating whether or not to walk over to the clubhouse for a workout or not. I have been eating well although I did have two smal spoonfuls of a dessert last night at dinner. It did not cause cravings thank God. Others have been eating homemade peach pie for breakfast while I have been snacking on olives, nuts and my protein shakes. I feel really good. Tired, but really good.

Wishing you all a wonderful Sunday. Happy to be sober and clear headed and binge free, going on day 7.

My view at my friend’s house each morning where I have my coffee and wait for everyone else to wake up:

Old 09-09-2018, 06:42 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Good Sunday morning, please count me ALL in.
Congratulations to everyone celebrating a Milestone!!

Love, hugs, peace and strength to all....xxxx
Old 09-09-2018, 06:54 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Another 24 for me please
Old 09-09-2018, 07:11 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Wow....... How divine Sunny.
I miss you. So glad you are having a wonderful time love.

Old 09-09-2018, 07:42 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

24 please.
Old 09-09-2018, 07:54 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

24 more for me please.

Much love to you all. xx
Old 09-09-2018, 08:02 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  
Rar

Good Morning Everyone. 24 hours please.

Congratulations to today's milestoners. Well done.

Prayers for those struggling and/or having a tough time. ((HUGS))

11:02 a.m.
EST