Notices

Snufkin's Thread Pt 3

Old 09-07-2018, 08:14 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Glad that you made it to Poland safely. Have a lovely time, dear Snuf!
Old 09-07-2018, 09:11 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing the pics in progress, Snuf! Loving the ink work!
Old 09-07-2018, 10:41 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Rar

WOW! The tattoo is really elaborate! No wonder it's taking so much time. Is there a tattoo artist in Glasgow you trust enough to finish it?

Glad you're having a good time........good food, friends, etc. You sound happy, Snuf!
Old 09-07-2018, 12:04 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Thank you Rar , I’m gonna stay here longer and let him finish it in October.

Ohh I’m having a great time. I reallllly needed it...
Old 09-07-2018, 02:23 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

That's wonderful to hear, Snuf.
Old 09-08-2018, 04:52 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Rar

Good Morning Snuf.....YES! You really did need this trip. I'm so glad you're doing well. The sober days are mounting up. YAY! Wishing you another splendid day. (SNUF))

PS - How are Tommy and Leon getting on? Have you heard?
Old 09-08-2018, 04:54 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Snuf said she is having an AWESOME time....
Old 09-08-2018, 06:01 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Morning, Rar! Yes, I talked to Mark briefly and they’re all doing fine. He told me a funny story how he was sooo late to work because he couldn’t find Leon ANYWHERE - he spent an hour frantically looking for him, he said he thought he’s gonna have a heart attack. Was Leon stolen, did he manage to sneak outside?? It’s good that I wasn’t there, because I would probably start crying and screaming at poor Mark . Anyway... suddenly Leon reappeared from *somewhere*, yawning and stretching... He must have found a super cosy spot. Mark had to take a taxi to work...

Today Ula and I are travelling from Gdansk to the village near Katowice (looooong drive ) to stay with Ula’s dad for the weekend. He’s such a great guy btw, 20+ years of recovery, Ula’s parents met at AA... I’m getting another tattoo in Katowice on Tuesday, and then I’m going to Warsaw to finally stay with my dad.

I don’t think I’ll be able to get any signal until Tuesday. Booo

I’m 10 days sober today I think, or is it 11... I’m doing fine, no cravings so far, but Ula is pretty good at keeping me in check anyway haha. We spent yesterday evening with our artists friends who offered us some wine. Ula told them I don’t drink before I could say anything. It was a nice evening, although I wish I had a gas mask because they’re all smokers. One of our friends plays didgeridoo - he’s also a sculptor and he makes all his instruments himself. :o He played some music for us and it was soooo amazing. I have to find him on YouTube and show you guys. Well.. when he finished playing his music our friends decided to take LSD, so Ula and I went home.

Take care all, I looooove you so much!
Old 09-08-2018, 06:09 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

My son plays didgeridoo! I thought it was just a flash in the pan, but he played some real music with it the other night!
Old 09-08-2018, 07:01 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

So glad you're having such a good time Snuf!

That's funny about Leon....our Moe is the same way....he lives at Mom's and I still don't know where his secret spot is....he'll be gone all day and then reappear outta nowhere
Old 09-08-2018, 08:04 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hi Snuf,
I've been in the hosp, getting major surgery, so I'm happy to see that you are doing well. I hope your visit with your family goes well and you get those tats from the cool guy. I hope you're well. Wishing you so many good things. I haven't really posted yet, I haven't felt well enough, but I wanted to touch base with my fav artist and let you know I'm sending good vibes.
All my love, Aly ♥♥♥
Old 09-09-2018, 05:15 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Oh, Aly... I love you so much. I’m thinking of you & praying you are feeling great in no time. ❤️❤️❤️

We have connection problems here, so I won’t be around much until Tuesday, but I’m still here my dearest friends! All is well.
Old 09-09-2018, 12:42 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Thanks so much Snuf and the feeling is returned! Love you to so much. Feeling better everyday, just very tired.
I hope Europe is fun. I know you have some hard things with your family to deal with and I wish you all the best and much love. Aly xxoo
Old 09-10-2018, 07:11 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Rar

Hi Snuf......Just a quick stop by to say hi. Hope your trip continues to go well. ((Snuf))
Old 09-10-2018, 07:16 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Snuf is in Warsaw now.
Old 09-10-2018, 12:52 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Oh guys, I don’t know what to do... I’m seriously thinking of moving back to Poland. So much has changed in the past 10 years. It looks like I have a better chance of building a creative career here in Warsaw than in Glasgow... But I really don’t know... I felt like home in Scotland. My friends say I should try it and stay for a couple of months. There’s plenty of graphic design jobs I could apply for and my stupid ‘foreign degree’ means a lot here...

Huh. I’m so confused.
Old 09-10-2018, 01:06 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hi Snufs! I was a bit quiet on here but have been reading and was happy to hear you're having such a good time in Poland.
Maybe moving back is a nice thing to try? You seem to have better support there, friends and family close by. Is there much holding you in Scotland at the moment? I know you have a job there but it doesn't seem like one you love.
Also, maybe it would help to compare the Polish and Scottish health care systems, checking if maybe you would even have better access to rehab or therapy in Poland? That in itself could be a reason to move maybe
Old 09-10-2018, 01:14 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Wise advice from Kev!

I will be praying for wisdom, clarity, serenity, and peace as you contemplate your path, Snuf!
Old 09-10-2018, 01:18 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

^ what Kev said.

it needn't be for ever if you don't want - maybe think about giving it a try until you're feeling a bit happier & more secure in sobriety?
Old 09-10-2018, 02:35 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Snuf and I talked more about this....and now she has gone to sleep.
I think between us we have been helpful.....hope so.