Notices

Class of August 2018 Part Three

Old 09-04-2018, 01:56 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Just one last message before I hit slumberland.

I just had a quick scan of our MIA members:

Seraphyne
Strawberry
Citrus
ODAATCAAT
Alice
Patterson
Canguy

Missing all you guys.

JT
Old 09-04-2018, 02:12 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Still here , just finishing day 14. Have not been able to dedicate enough time to keep track of all the posts or people in detail.

Glad to see most are still going strong. Have started to not really think about alcohol so much as very early in the process. However this happens when I quit ..........I know it will creep back up on me when I least expect it, after a period of feeling OK. So still taking it a day at a time.

keep well
Old 09-04-2018, 02:40 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Hi Augustonians,

Hope all have had a good day.

Back tomorrow when I feel more inspired. I always thought a holiday was something to look forward to but the closer it gets to mine, the more anxious I feel.

I don't have any desire to drink, so it's not that. Must just be the tailwind of the general meh feeling I've been dragging around for a while.

Love to all
Old 09-04-2018, 03:22 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

44 days.
Son is back to college and daughter is back in school. Work is very crazy these days...struggling to keep my head above water and I find that I have to find a new way to undwind rather than opening a bottle. That is easier with the kids away. Just need those 10 minutes in their kitchen alone and then to change my clothes before I say hello.

My husband doesn’t realize the depth of my drinking problem. Fortunately, he doesn’t drink....one glass on the weekend and not every weekend is his limit. I really wish he wouldn’t leave half empty bottles around though!

Anyway, good job everyone! I read every day.
Wishing you peace and strength to stay sober!
Bonnie
Old 09-04-2018, 03:25 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Double post
Old 09-04-2018, 03:31 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Hey everyone, wanted to check in. I am going strong. Last drink was Aug 18. No major difficulty so far. Mostly have felt good other than a few headaches.

Bonnie, the part about your husband not knowing the extent I totally relate. I was taking the online test for alcoholism and it said I am end stage. But my wife and family and friends dont understand why I would want to quit. I never hid my drinking either. Definitely surprising that nobody understands even after seeing me plastered over the years. Anyhow glad those days are finished.

Hope everyone is having a great day
Old 09-04-2018, 05:49 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

I'm here still, day 13..
At work so will post later..
Have a great day everyone..
Old 09-04-2018, 06:21 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Made it through another one! Love reading everyone's posts … nice way to end the day knowing we're all still in this together. Nite, all!
Old 09-04-2018, 06:53 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Hi all! Glad to see all these posts here. Checking in late because I watched a movie with my grandson. Kids' movies are the best. We watched a movie called Sing. Very funny. Laughter is good.
I mentioned to all of you that I am going next week out of town to a class on Ageless Grace. It's an exercise class for seniors that couples physical with mental exercise, and I'll be able to lead these classes. Then, today my boss tells me that in mid October I get to go to the Active Aging Conference in Long Beach California! OMG!! Honestly, exercise has never been my thing. I would rather get my exercise doing other things, like yard work, house work, gardening, walking the dog. But, this is just getting thrust into my life, so maybe I need it after all.
It gives me another great reason to stay sober and move toward a more healthy life. Plus, I'm staying right on the beach, and the ocean is my favorite place to be. I was born in California and haven't been there in many years. So excited!
There will be a 'drinks and mixer' session at the end of the classes each night, but I am thinking that in this very healthy crowd, many of the people will be drinking yummy non-alcoholic drinks, just like I will be!
Hugs and happy sober night to all.
Old 09-04-2018, 07:18 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Hello Class!
I am on a pleasant cloud as my head has finally cleared, and I'm beginning to feel like me again...the non drinking me. I sat outside on this warm lovely almost fall evening watching my son practice football.

Now that I'm feeling better, I will begin to get my house organized and get to some home improvement projects I have been putting off. I am so thankful for my health....it sometimes takes that bad cold to remind health should never be taken for granted. I don't ever want to feel the effects of a hangover again...that has to be the most miserable feeling in the world....even worse than a terrible cold.

I am an Augustonian to the end! Day 9 here and I haven't had any cravings, but I know that's my sick body craving only good things right now. The cravings may come, but I've already decided to shoot those thoughts down right away with words of truth. Of course, I'll post here too and ask for help.

Karen, that sounds fun! Congrats on the trip to CA. That sounds wonderful for you.

Matrac, My husband didn't know how much I was actually drinking either. How sad is it when we begin hiding our drinks from the one who we are closest to? I never thought "I" would be doing that. Addiction can be quite humbling.

I'm off to bed soon. I may try to go for a run tomorrow!! That would be wonderful considering it has been over 2 weeks since I've gone.

Night.
Old 09-04-2018, 08:03 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Administrator

time for a new part:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-4-a.html (Class of August 2018 Part 4)

D