Notices

Class of February 2018 Support Thread Pt 5

Old 11-10-2018, 05:25 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Good evening...
Thank you all for your support....
It's cold and snowy outside...
Day 186 no drinks, one day at a time, staying sober and strong...
Have a great evening.....
Old 11-11-2018, 02:57 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Hey Friends, we saw Bohemian Rhapsody last night with another couple. My wife bought a big tub of popcorn and as we were standing in the aisle I accidentally bumped it with my elbow. The popcorn spilled all over people seated in the theater! OMG, this one fella got the brunt of it and he was a big dude! We were all kind of shocked at what happened and obviously apologized. The big guy then just started eating the popcorn from off his shirt, from his hair etc. (my wife got a new tub since it was just about empty). We got our seats and I occasionally glanced over, he continued to eat the popcorn off his seat and body for 20 minutes or so, we were dying! Gawd, we apologized again on the way out. As for the movie, I got chills several times during it. I really enjoyed the seeing the songs being created and then coming to life on stage. Of course now I have to explore deeper into the Queen catalog.

Wut up Joy? We're back on track at four weeks today, feels good!
Old 11-11-2018, 05:09 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Sat at a restaurant bar in Downtown Disney last night and listened to a Buckingham Nicks type duo act. Mrs. Tiles and I both had nachos and iced tea. Everyone else at the bar was drinking margaritas or something. No problem, only just the tiniest fleeting desire to order booze. It was a pretty good test and I passed.
Old 11-11-2018, 05:13 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JimiC View Post
Hey Friends, we saw Bohemian Rhapsody last night with another couple. My wife bought a big tub of popcorn and as we were standing in the aisle I accidentally bumped it with my elbow. The popcorn spilled all over people seated in the theater! OMG, this one fella got the brunt of it and he was a big dude! We were all kind of shocked at what happened and obviously apologized. The big guy then just started eating the popcorn from off his shirt, from his hair etc. (my wife got a new tub since it was just about empty). We got our seats and I occasionally glanced over, he continued to eat the popcorn off his seat and body for 20 minutes or so, we were dying! Gawd, we apologized again on the way out. As for the movie, I got chills several times during it. I really enjoyed the seeing the songs being created and then coming to life on stage. Of course now I have to explore deeper into the Queen catalog.

Wut up Joy? We're back on track at four weeks today, feels good!
hahaha, that's hilarious. Great story and it's good to see people can still take something with a sense of humor instead of resorted to violence. That's awesome that he kept eating the popcorn. He's probably the type of guy that goes, "hey no problem, I got a free meal out of it," Sounds like a great night. We went to our last day at Dismalland and then celebrating another great mini vacation by having nachos with grilled steak at a restaurant/bar in Downtown Disney. We sat at the bar because there was a 20 minute wait, and it went great. Iced tea for both of us.
Old 11-11-2018, 06:17 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Tiles, sounds like another great vacation for you and your wife. I actually prefer to sit at the bar at some places and I don't get urges (restaurants with nice bars). Usually I can check out a game or two on the tv's and I feel the service is better.

I met my friend at the gym again this morning and did cardio and some weights. My frozen shoulder hurt on one exercise I tried so I moved on...adapt and overcome!
Old 11-11-2018, 08:13 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Jimi Jimi Jimi! That is frickin hysterical!! Considering the high price of popcorn at cinema I would have done the same thing the man did. LOL

My hubs and I went to dinner cinema too and saw "A Star Is Born". Phenomenal too! I love seeing music movies in the big screen. The sound is so awesome!!

Next up 'Beautiful Boy'. That will be a sad one but I need to see it. All about young addiction... Ben Stiller is the dad.

Slight urge yesterday at spa day with girlfriend. As they serve mimosas. I had tea and she a few mimosas. Not that I wanted to drink but I wanted to have fun with her. But duh we had fun anyway and she loved my tea so much she drank half of it.

Jimi YES we are kicking "ITs" ass bro! Love to all xoxoxo

Happy Sunday!
Old 11-11-2018, 09:36 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Congrats Joy and Jimi! Great going!
Old 11-12-2018, 07:17 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Great story, Jimi, and great to see you and Joy back on the sober train. Speaking of movies, we saw Hunter Killer. It was pretty good, but with one of our kids on a sub just like that, it was a little unnerving, to be honest.

I’m glad to see everyone here doing well.
Old 11-12-2018, 09:03 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Back from vacation. I'm going to the doctor today for treatment for stingray sting I got in California. It was okay for the last three days but it's starting to swell and hurt. I think part of the barb is still in my foot.
Glad to see everyone is doing well. Sobriety is such a great gift. Virtually every day I reflect on where I was headed and how much my life has improved.
Old 11-12-2018, 02:38 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope the Doc can help OOTT

D
Old 11-13-2018, 05:10 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Good evening...
wow OOTT hope you feel better....
Day 189 no drinks, one day at a time, staying sober and strong...
Thank you all for your support...
Have a great evening..
Old 11-14-2018, 08:11 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Happy sober Wednesday, everyone! I hope everyone is having a great week!
Old 11-16-2018, 02:04 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Hey Friends- I had some unexpected cravings today, thank you Joy for helping me through!

We had a decent snow storm yesterday and it was fun to be out locally with my daughter in the winter wonderland. She’s running another 5k tomorrow morning and it’s going to be chilly, at least for the spectators.

Have a great weekend Febs!
Old 11-16-2018, 02:58 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Good for staying on track, Jimi and good luck to your daughter tomorrow.
I think my nephews are playing football, if the air quality is ok. They've had to put their playoff game off because of the fires making the air so poor. So, we'll see.

Have a great weekend you guys and gals. I've been busy with weird things and next week the whole family is going down to Monterey/Carmel for most of Thanksgiving. Hoping it goes well...hoping I don't have to join the witness protection plan (joy) after this trip.

Have a great sober weekend!
Old 11-16-2018, 07:48 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Of Course Jimi you can always count on me to help out... I know I need it reciprocated too. I just happen to be on a strong streak currently. But I know all to well how slippery that slope is and in the blink of eye, bam right back at it. My hopes are that doesn't happen to me, or you or any of our SR family.

Aly you are so funny! I'll have a house full of family and in-laws tomorrow for an early Thanksgiving. Lord help me!! Maybe my special pie will help. lol

Old 11-17-2018, 10:40 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

You will be in my prayers, joy, whew, all that family!

(seriously, I hope it goes really well)
Old 11-17-2018, 07:17 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  

It was a nice time. Everyone left by 7pm. The mess is pretty much cleaned up. I wish we could have had more time around the dinner table. It was like a whirlwind. It took hours and hours to shop, prep, cook, decorate, and then BAM within 30 minutes everyone scarfed down their feast and left the table. I was a lil disappointed. Maybe because I'm more aware and present I noticed. Plus I didn't provide alcohol so I'm sure that sucked for everyone. But they can host if they want to drink at the holidays. xoxo
Old 11-17-2018, 07:29 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Good, Joy. At least there was no major drama. I know, I always feel oddly disappointed after family get togethers. I think I may skip the family trip . I just emotionally don't feel up to it, as much as I'd love to see my nephews, it's my sisters I can't take.
I guess you have ambivalent feelings. I know what you mean about the hours of prep and it goes down so quickly, probably esp w/o alcohol, but good for you!
Thanks for sharing. Take good care. xxoo
Old 11-18-2018, 05:28 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

I'm glad it was a nice time Joy. I know you worked very hard to make it special for all and hopefully your guests appreciated that.

On Wednesday we'll be staying at this old mansion that's now a hotel. It has a great restaurant and bar with lots of interesting history. We've stayed there before and I've drank there before. But, I've also been sober there before. I like that I've had some long sober streaks (at least to me they're long) last year and this year. Recent memories about some of my favorite places are sober ones. Sober vacations? Sober trips to the cabin in New Hampshire? Sober concerts? Hell yeah!
Old 11-18-2018, 02:19 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Joy,
I'm glad it was a nice time too! I think I was projecting my family stuff on to you (sorry about that), but I'm sure everyone loved your Thanksgiving dinner! ♥
Jimi,
That sounds super fun. I hope you all have a great time.

Have a great rest of the Sunday all!