Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 399

Old 07-21-2018, 11:21 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

I'm here to check in for my next 24 ....
Bobbi
Old 07-21-2018, 11:28 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
July 21, 2018

Finalcall ~ 1 week!
babs1234 ~ 2 years & 3 months!
yukonm ~ 10 years & 11 months!

♥ still working on a few anniversary dates.... ♥

. !!Congratulations to each one of you!!
Old 07-22-2018, 01:25 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Congratulations milestoners! 24 more clean and sober hours please.
Old 07-22-2018, 01:45 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Congrats Finalcall, babs and yukomn on your Milestones!
In for 24 more clean and sober hours! Happy Sunday!
Old 07-22-2018, 02:03 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Checking in at 5:03 am from Ashburn, VA, USA.
Old 07-22-2018, 02:53 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Another happy sober Sunday 24 for me
Old 07-22-2018, 02:57 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

11:50 in Germany and I’m still in bed. Gotta get up and get this day started somehow, I don’t want to let the depression take over even more.
On today’s agenda: washing my hair (didn’t even manage to do so yesterday) and try my best to do something creative.

My ex is having a good time it looks like, being outside and in the sun, while I’m feeling like this and not able to leave the house even if I wanted to. It really pisses me off this morning cause I still feel like he should be there for me now. It’s so unfair to leave someone hanging like this with health problems after 2 years together. He even says he still cares about me deeply. I think I understand to some degree that he must feel burned out but it’s still making me so sad that he’s not here for me...
Old 07-22-2018, 03:10 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Checking in for another sober Sunday
5:10 am in Austin
Old 07-22-2018, 03:17 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

It's 5:17 AM and I'm in for another sober 24.
Old 07-22-2018, 03:22 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that you're so down Kevlarsjal2 Please post here at SR so that you can get the support that you deserve. There are also threads out there from people who have been/are going through the horrible time that you are now. I know that you're also part of the Artists in Recovery thread too - we would love to support you and appreciate your work.

24 more for me please - love to all at SR x
Old 07-22-2018, 03:28 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Time for 24 please.

And time to get real. Have been drinking insanely on and off for a fortnight. Yesterday staggered up to the local for must be the third time in 6 days to buy large boxes of Wines. 5 litres of wine per 2 days. I looked appalling, the best I could manage the cleanest things I could find, totally unwashed, there was a large queue and I know the person standing next to was trying to cover her nose. Girl on checkout was as always polite but could she was trying to keep herself from laughing.

Anyway here I am sitting in my empty trashed house, husband gone,coming back Friday, staying at his Mums. I have involved a close family friend in ou fight as his Mum was rather cruel to me when I tried to get hold off him..

I am trying to keep water down and trying to muster the courage to throw away the wine. I keep looking at & thinking just 1 to keep the withdrawal at bay, shaking like a leaf,sweating,stomach pains and my head feels like it's in vice, I physically can't stand I am lying on the kitchen floor. Friend from AA is coming by later, she said we can have a one to one meeting which I am grateful for.

I am dying slowly, but because I have some knowledge I was going to AA and a rehab group I keep thinking I can control my drinking. Hence, here I am sitting on the pity pot in the same pathetic position. I was in last time though drinking consumption skyrocketed and consequences are stacking upI have to change, I have go to any lengths for me. Sorry to go on like I do, just want to have something in black & White, Am going to get 24 hous today. Love SP xx
Old 07-22-2018, 03:32 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

11.10 a.m Nort West U.K

24 more for me please.

Have a great Sunday.

Love to all. Xxx
Old 07-22-2018, 03:40 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

11:40am...24 more please...Love to All
Old 07-22-2018, 03:50 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kevlarsjal2 View Post
11:50 in Germany and I’m still in bed. Gotta get up and get this day started somehow, I don’t want to let the depression take over even more.
On today’s agenda: washing my hair (didn’t even manage to do so yesterday) and try my best to do something creative.

My ex is having a good time it looks like, being outside and in the sun, while I’m feeling like this and not able to leave the house even if I wanted to. It really pisses me off this morning cause I still feel like he should be there for me now. It’s so unfair to leave someone hanging like this with health problems after 2 years together. He even says he still cares about me deeply. I think I understand to some degree that he must feel burned out but it’s still making me so sad that he’s not here for me...
I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. Is there a way you can express your needs to him and tell him how you are feeling?
Old 07-22-2018, 03:50 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

6:50 am
Here for 24 more hours of precious freedom from alcohol!
Old 07-22-2018, 04:01 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats ceefarro and finalcall

Hope you can get the money back Jo.

I'm really glad you're back sweetpeacan - my heart goes out to you because I've been in that exact position many times.

you deserve better. May this time be the last time you ever have to feel this way.

The only way an alcoholic can live the life they deserve is to not drink, no matter what.

D
Old 07-22-2018, 04:28 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

This is a list of everyone who posted their commitment to stay sober in the last
24 hours: 8 pm EDT ~ 7.59 pm EDT.

It is awesome to have every single one of you here with us!

1newcreation
abcowboy
Alysheba
Atlast9999
aussieblue
Awake61
Babs1234
badgerden
bandicoot2
BarbieKen
BrandNewDay11
Bubovski
Canadian Koala
CeeFarro
ChloeRose63
Coldfusion
county111111
CrossYourHeart
Daisybelle
Dee74
Delilah1
DrakeCKC
Endoftheday
erfra7
Finalcall
Free2bme888
FormerBeerLover
Gabe1980
gatorman
Gilmer
Goat
goodbyeevan
goose333
Hats
Hevyn
heyfly
Jack16
joandmelandhan
jsm273
julietUK
Kaneda8888
kenton
Kris47
least
lilymaz
Lostmyoffswitch
lyddie
Mags1
Minion09
Marcutah1
neferkamichael
Neoo
Nic233
nmd
Optimist4ever57
PaigeMasters
PhoenixJ
Pinky1
Plenny
Quincy
quitter62
Rainman1
Rar
RedBerryJuniper
Saskia
Snufkin
soberista
SoberLeigh
stargazer016
Stubbs16
Sunflower79
Sunflowerlife
Sweetpeacan
tgirl
TheToddman
theVman31
tomls
vanaprastha
vassvik
venuscat
Vinificent
WaterOx
WeaverBird
Whendovescry
Willow68
wiscsober
YCDT2
Yixi
yukonm
Zanna
zeppodog
zoeydog

Onward together!

July 22, 2018

FormerBeerLover ~ 9 years! & 1 month!

Old 07-22-2018, 04:31 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sweetpeacan View Post
Time for 24 please.

And time to get real. Have been drinking insanely on and off for a fortnight. Yesterday staggered up to the local for must be the third time in 6 days to buy large boxes of Wines. 5 litres of wine per 2 days. I looked appalling, the best I could manage the cleanest things I could find, totally unwashed, there was a large queue and I know the person standing next to was trying to cover her nose. Girl on checkout was as always polite but could she was trying to keep herself from laughing.

Anyway here I am sitting in my empty trashed house, husband gone,coming back Friday, staying at his Mums. I have involved a close family friend in ou fight as his Mum was rather cruel to me when I tried to get hold off him..

I am trying to keep water down and trying to muster the courage to throw away the wine. I keep looking at & thinking just 1 to keep the withdrawal at bay, shaking like a leaf,sweating,stomach pains and my head feels like it's in vice, I physically can't stand I am lying on the kitchen floor. Friend from AA is coming by later, she said we can have a one to one meeting which I am grateful for.

I am dying slowly, but because I have some knowledge I was going to AA and a rehab group I keep thinking I can control my drinking. Hence, here I am sitting on the pity pot in the same pathetic position. I was in last time though drinking consumption skyrocketed and consequences are stacking upI have to change, I have go to any lengths for me. Sorry to go on like I do, just want to have something in black & White, Am going to get 24 hous today. Love SP xx
I have been trying to call you.....I have been kind of worried about you my love....so we will touch base later.

Together.

Every step of the way. ♥♥♥
Old 07-22-2018, 04:35 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kevlarsjal2 View Post

It's hard to understand why he would do that when you have a broken leg....but people protect themselves I guess....I know how badly I felt let down by my sister when I lost my Venus girl, she was going through stuff and couldn't be there for me she said.....I don't know....I only know that in the end no matter how much it hurts it is their stuff not ours....we can only choose OUR behaviour.

And hey, you can wash your hair today, and maybe we can find you something fun for entertainment. As long as you have enough food there, and you have us here....well, that's something.

Sending more love. ♥♥
Old 07-22-2018, 04:37 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Awake61 View Post
Late signing in. Called into work. We need the money, so I went in. My drinking made me lose my beloved job, so it's karma that I work a low paying, physically hard job now and feel grateful I have at least that. Still, feeling pretty sad right now. No drinking for 24 hours. Thank you all for being here.
Thinking of you love. Sending huge hugs. ♥♥♥