Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 399

Old 07-21-2018, 02:25 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Late signing in. Called into work. We need the money, so I went in. My drinking made me lose my beloved job, so it's karma that I work a low paying, physically hard job now and feel grateful I have at least that. Still, feeling pretty sad right now. No drinking for 24 hours. Thank you all for being here.
Old 07-21-2018, 02:33 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hi everyone
Checking in for another 24 hours of sober life please from lovely Queensland in the land of Oz it’s Sunday 7.30am and another perfectly gorgeous winter’s morning and I’m off to the beach
Have a lovely day/night everyone!
I’ll be eternally grateful to every single one of you here, for being part of this amazing community of awesome supportive people who have helped me to change my life ❤️
Congratulations to people reaching milestones
Love and hugs to anyone struggling today ❤️ xx
Together we are stronger❤️
Old 07-21-2018, 03:12 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Checking in for 24.
Old 07-21-2018, 03:14 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I’m in for 24 more!! Rainy blue day today but glad to be sober! Keep on keeping on folks! 💕
Old 07-21-2018, 04:14 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Support to you Leigh
Congrats Yuko

I shared at my home-g yesterday that sobriety gives a firm foundation to build from. My life has taken on a new purpose in the last week with studying which would not have been possible without being sober. It takes time for our brains to rewire..and patience is so necessary. Even this morning- wanting to do some revised study- the alcoholic resistance to any change kicked in...after 2y5m..still as strong as ever. That is why a daily recharge (just like a phone) by going to meetings, SR, a routine, HALTS- all those things. Also- remember that any emotion in the moment- will lessen in intensity over time...as already by typing these words- that resistance is fading. I also shared it is important to remember tools for sobriety are not there to learn or heal from other physical or mental issues..of which I have both. So a GP for the meat part of me- and a psychologist for the mental bits.

Any bad situation gets worse with drinking. Play the outcome out- the day after.
Post when you do not want to- 30 times a day if necessary.
Support to all.
Old 07-21-2018, 04:22 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing that PJ! I'm studying too and struggling with that resistance biiiig times. I haven't really connected it to my alcoholic brain, maybe that'll help me to deal with it. Just like I know that it's the alcoholic part when I don't want to take care of myself, don't feel like going to a meeting, don't want to do the right thing.

And congrats on starting to study, that's amazing! What fields is it in?
Old 07-21-2018, 04:22 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Thank you PJ. You have a such a calming steady way with words and I'm so grateful I've checked in again to read your post.
Sadly my safe little plan didn't work out today. More fighting (and eventual calmish discussion) with my partner then found out I've been defrauded of a lot of money from my Amazon account. My head is spinning and I'm exhausted. But through it all I am sober and free of addiction today.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Goodnight all
Old 07-21-2018, 04:53 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Old 07-21-2018, 05:05 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Joand- you are perceptive to see not to tackle stuff when very tired. Remember the HALTS thing

Kev- I am doing a Bachelor of Visual Arts. The recovery program I was in runs a 2 hour art tuition group thing- run by an artist. The 2 ladies that did/do this went to the same art school I am in. It is by their direct influence I am there. I have some talent for it and it has given me new purpose and meaning. A good place to be after 2.6y of very tiring hard work in recovery from a huge number of crappy things.
Old 07-21-2018, 05:34 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

24 more towards being a better me.
Old 07-21-2018, 06:54 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

6:50 pm and checking in for another 24. Started the day with a long walk, and then headed to the beach for a few hours. There is something cathartic about listening to the ocean and smelling the sea air.

I am determined to sleep in tomorrow morning since I am back to work on Monday.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Congratulations to all celebrating a milestone.

❤️Delilah
Old 07-21-2018, 07:01 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
9:28 pm in California and checking in for another 24. We are safe and snuggled in at home. Started the morning hiking in the mountains, then aqua jogged fir an hour when we got back home. I go back to work on Monday. The past theee weeks have gone by quickly, but I feel like I had a good balance of fun, relaxation, and organizing my house.

I am going to hike tomorrow morning while my daughter runs, and I think my husband and I are going to use a gift card we were given to go out to dinner tomorrow night.

I cannot believe we are getting close to the end of July, this year is flying by.

Congrats to all celebrating a milestone today.

Hope everyone's weekend has gotten off to a good start.

❤️Delilah
I love hiking but aquajogging sounds pretty fun too... is it more difficult? What is the landscape like where you are? I recently got to visit the West coast for the first time in Oregon and it was gorgeous.

Hi Evan,

Aqua jogging is fun, it is easy on the joints. You can get your heart rate up if you move your legs quickly. Also, you can get weights and get some arm work in too.

I live in Southen California, so pretty amazing weather all year long.
Old 07-21-2018, 07:03 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Good morning all and thank you for all of your kind words. It blows me away how wonderful you all are.
I just knew the pre milestone drinking thoughts would be a thing. Sheesh!
Makes sense really. I mean, the little inner bugger isn't going to disappear without another little go is it?
I think I'm going to be alone all day today. Hannah is at work, Melly at her dad's and bf has gone out.
PJ you're right of course. Knee-jerk actions of what I "should" do won't help either so plan plan today is this.
Relax with huge coffee (and take my antidepressant)
Go to 11 am yoga
Food shop (healthy things)
Some light housework
Call my sister for a chat
Start a book or afternoon nap if necessary
I know from experience that staying safe and taking baby-steps is what helps me the most so I will carry on with that.
Thank you again and with gratitude I would like to ask for another 24 please
Hope you were able to enjoy some down time today Jo!
Old 07-21-2018, 07:11 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Count me in, please.

Eye area is worse today so signing off.

Lots of love to all!
I'm sorry you are still not 100% Leigh, I hope you are feeling better soon!!

❤️Delilah
Old 07-21-2018, 07:18 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Support to you Leigh
Congrats Yuko

I shared at my home-g yesterday that sobriety gives a firm foundation to build from. My life has taken on a new purpose in the last week with studying which would not have been possible without being sober. It takes time for our brains to rewire..and patience is so necessary. Even this morning- wanting to do some revised study- the alcoholic resistance to any change kicked in...after 2y5m..still as strong as ever. That is why a daily recharge (just like a phone) by going to meetings, SR, a routine, HALTS- all those things. Also- remember that any emotion in the moment- will lessen in intensity over time...as already by typing these words- that resistance is fading. I also shared it is important to remember tools for sobriety are not there to learn or heal from other physical or mental issues..of which I have both. So a GP for the meat part of me- and a psychologist for the mental bits.

Any bad situation gets worse with drinking. Play the outcome out- the day after.
Post when you do not want to- 30 times a day if necessary.
Support to all.
PJ, you are always one of my biggest inspirations. ❤️
Old 07-21-2018, 08:48 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

All set for another 24 hours sober!

8:48 PM with a cat on my lap.
Old 07-21-2018, 09:04 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hello
I went out for a bike ride in a small town call Hope BC. ( First blood movie was film there or Rambo 1 )Marvellous sober time .

24 more please.
Old 07-21-2018, 09:18 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Settling in for a nice quiet night. Hope everyone is safe and sober. xoxoxo
Old 07-21-2018, 09:29 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

24 more for me too please
Hugs to all x
Old 07-21-2018, 10:45 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Another 24 please