Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 399

Old 07-26-2018, 07:03 PM
  # 561 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I need to know how you make the sugar water stuff....I am not doing it right for sure....I want hummers!!!
1 part sugar to 4 parts water, boil and let cool. That’s it! It works!! Good luck Venus!! 💕
Old 07-26-2018, 07:23 PM
  # 562 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by goodbyeevan View Post
I love your post Plenny and love you! I know you have strength because it inspires me. You can do this. The wind is at your back and the adventure is just beginning.

24 more please. With a side of whatever the universe thinks i need tomorrow to be a better me. If that includes running the camera or working with that one doc I dread, i accept it and am ready to make friends with my fear.
Love you too girl. I'm going through some tough times but it's thinking of you and others like you that has kept me going. I am really grappling at one day at a time here. And there have been some close calls lately I'm not gonna lie.

I have to remember that I'm trying to uncover the person beneath the drinking and the drugs and heal her. 24 hours at a time.
Old 07-26-2018, 08:16 PM
  # 563 (permalink)  

Relapse ......

Oh, "it's just a hiccup" or "I'm a chronic relapser" " This is my ______ Rehab!", "It just doesn't stick I guess" {Recovery/Sobriety**. Some of the stereotypical excuses.

MY Home Group is the Big Book Study on Saturday morning. Which welcomes ANY addict. My Family included. Thank the Universe.

Last night another friend in our meeting , I guess some might say, went out again. OH ya....he died...heroin overdose! He's the 4th one us who died in this month. Heroin OD was the cause in each one of this month's deaths.

Please don't think Relapse is no biggie and you'll be back. My heart is sickened tonight. No Relapse is NOT part of my Recovery, or Ken's or Mark's.

It really does just take one time, then your family & friends world is forever changed.

Yes, I'll sign in for my next 24.
RIP Mike.
Bobbi
Old 07-26-2018, 08:27 PM
  # 564 (permalink)  

Oh Bobbi I'm so sorry.
Old 07-26-2018, 08:40 PM
  # 565 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Such a sad world where so many risk their lives to get high.

I'm glad to commit to sobriety for the next 24 hours.

8:40 PM with a cat on my lap.
Old 07-26-2018, 08:41 PM
  # 566 (permalink)  

So sorry to hear this Bobbi x
Old 07-26-2018, 09:19 PM
  # 567 (permalink)  

Proud I am still clean and sober. I will do another 24 hours.
Old 07-26-2018, 09:28 PM
  # 568 (permalink)  

24 more for me too please @ 5.27am.
Old 07-26-2018, 10:12 PM
  # 569 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kevlarsjal2 View Post
My day is coming to an end now too, I hope at least. Depression is weird. I feel it less in my moods in the passed days and also my appetite came back, which is great. But now it shows in the form of insomnia and being completely exhausted throughout the day.

My mum wants to come and visit me tomorrow to get me some groceries and take out my bins. I could really use some help but I don't feel like seeing anyone, and especially spending time with her can be really draining for me. So I might ask her to come another day instead.

Since I started painting again I feel a lot less lonely somehow. It's good for my mood. And I love the new brushes I got, they are the thinnest ones I've ever seen. It'll take ages to finish the owl but I like it, then I don't have to come up with anything new to paint for another week or so.
It might be nice to get some food in the house though Kev, and it sounds like she will help you tidy up a little. Maybe you can let her l is you would love for her to stop by for a short time because you are still working on getting your energy back.
Old 07-26-2018, 10:25 PM
  # 570 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BarbieKen View Post
Relapse ......

Oh, "it's just a hiccup" or "I'm a chronic relapser" " This is my ______ Rehab!", "It just doesn't stick I guess" {Recovery/Sobriety**. Some of the stereotypical excuses.

MY Home Group is the Big Book Study on Saturday morning. Which welcomes ANY addict. My Family included. Thank the Universe.

Last night another friend in our meeting , I guess some might say, went out again. OH ya....he died...heroin overdose! He's the 4th one us who died in this month. Heroin OD was the cause in each one of this month's deaths.

Please don't think Relapse is no biggie and you'll be back. My heart is sickened tonight. No Relapse is NOT part of my Recovery, or Ken's or Mark's.

It really does just take one time, then your family & friends world is forever changed.

Yes, I'll sign in for my next 24.
RIP Mike.
Bobbi
I'm so sorry Bobbi, that's awful. Sending lots of love your way tonight.❤️
Old 07-26-2018, 10:51 PM
  # 571 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kevlarsjal2 View Post
My day is coming to an end now too, I hope at least. Depression is weird. I feel it less in my moods in the passed days and also my appetite came back, which is great. But now it shows in the form of insomnia and being completely exhausted throughout the day.

My mum wants to come and visit me tomorrow to get me some groceries and take out my bins. I could really use some help but I don't feel like seeing anyone, and especially spending time with her can be really draining for me. So I might ask her to come another day instead.

Since I started painting again I feel a lot less lonely somehow. It's good for my mood. And I love the new brushes I got, they are the thinnest ones I've ever seen. It'll take ages to finish the owl but I like it, then I don't have to come up with anything new to paint for another week or so.
I am so glad that painting is helping. And, I do think it's important to set boundaries with people when you are feeling drained. Even if they just want to take care of you. Maybe even one more day to recharge before you see her will help.... and if you two generally get along, maybe after a few minutes you'll be glad you have her as a visitor. Then when she's finished helping you out you will have sweet solitude again.
Old 07-26-2018, 11:22 PM
  # 572 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Prayers and support Weav.

Watching Monty Python- Holy Grail while getting ready for sculpture class.
I always laugh- even tho I know every line intimately.
'she turned me into a gnute!'

(pause)

'I got better'.
Thanks Peej
Blessed are the cheesemakers... oh and John Cleese as a Roman soldier correcting his Latin grammar Romani eunt domus / Romans go home I think that’s The Life of Brian tho. I saw their stage show at the o2 arena a while ago. Good stuff. Need more laughter.
Old 07-26-2018, 11:29 PM
  # 573 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Morning All. Some more great milestones today. Well done you lot!!!

Weav in for 24 more at 7:24am period started - all the windows in the house now safe! Harvest underway here. Skyscrapers of massive straw bales have popped up across the landscape. They worked hard over night under a big harvest moon to bring in the wheat. A big thank you to farmers everywhere keeping us fed 🖤
Old 07-26-2018, 11:48 PM
  # 574 (permalink)  

Checking in at 2:48 am from Fort Valley, VA, USA.
Old 07-26-2018, 11:51 PM
  # 575 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Morning all at 2:51 am.

24 more for me please.
Old 07-27-2018, 12:15 AM
  # 576 (permalink)  

Good morning all.
I love waking up to read such caring support on our little thread. It's pretty amazing how we open up so completely and receive such genuine affection in return. How wonderful!
I would love another 24 hours of sobriety please ❤❤❤
Old 07-27-2018, 01:26 AM
  # 577 (permalink)  

How sad Bobbi...big koala hug

Wow...page 29
Dee, where are you lol?

24 more for me please

Thanks
Old 07-27-2018, 01:40 AM
  # 578 (permalink)  
Administrator

If ever a thread is significantly over, all anyone has to do is report the last post

Next part here:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...art-400-a.html (24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 400)

D