Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 392

Old 06-18-2018, 01:41 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by YCDT2 View Post
AV is bugging me sooooo bad today. Starting to feel a bit down thinking about how long I might feel like this and need to fight it. I know I should take it a day at a time, but today is sucking!
Sometimes it's a bear for a bit.....and then poof...no bothersome interludes for quite some time....try and do some of the things you have started doing that make you feel relaxed....if you can....and know that we all understand.
Old 06-18-2018, 02:25 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Y? choose to be stupid, ill, obnoxious,poor etc etc.....Why ideed?

Another 24 please!
Old 06-18-2018, 02:33 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

AV is bugging me sooooo bad today. Starting to feel a bit down thinking about how long I might feel like this and need to fight it. I know I should take it a day at a time, but today is sucking!
It may be really tough, but later, after you have put that rotten AV in its place, you will feel a reall sense of accomplishment......................AV.
Old 06-18-2018, 02:36 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Ya know what’s awesome? This is awesome: I’m completely overwhelmed and stressed out at work, depressed over the state of the world, sick of just about every person I can think of with the exception of my closest family, have completely lost interest in the things I used to love (i.e. sports!); I’m in a completely negative state of mind, and yet... I don’t have the urge to drink. I don’t want that nasty, thick-headed feeling of being drunk, and certainly not that terrible hangover that will follow. I need a clear head in order to work through this mental mess and find a way out the other side. It’s crazy; the old me would have just gotten even drunker tonight than usual, as if that would make things better.
Old 06-18-2018, 02:38 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, big hugs to those of you struggling. Please stay close on here, there’s so much love and support here ❤️

It’s 7.30am, I’m just starting my day 37 and the sun is shining and the birds are chirping, it’s going to be a really beautiful day 😊 I had a pretty tough day battling with the AV yesterday, I’m not sure exactly why but triggers seemed more powerful yesterday, maybe it was the sneaky AV trying to “reward” me for making 5 weeks, but I made it through the day thanks to the support of you guys 🙏😊 another 24 please. Have a beautiful day//night everyone 😘
Old 06-18-2018, 02:39 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bubovski View Post
It may be really tough, but later, after you have put that rotten AV in its place, you will feel a reall sense of accomplishment......................AV.
Love this simplicity Bubovski 😁 thanks
Old 06-18-2018, 03:14 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Ate some dinner and don't feel like I want to imminently drink right now. But...I keep thinking in the back of my head "maybe next weekend". Ugh I just hope I can push past these feelings. Go away AV, go away!!!
Old 06-18-2018, 03:20 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Ate some dinner and don't feel like I want to imminently drink right now. But...I keep thinking in the back of my head "maybe next weekend". Ugh I just hope I can push past these feelings. Go away AV, go away!!!
One day at a time YCDT2. You can do this. Tell it to bugger off. It does go away, even if only temporarily. The AV bugged me like crazy yesterday but today (so far) it’s quiet... It’s only 8.15am but that’s never stopped it before. I’d often drink first thing in the morning if I had a day off (I’m off work at the moment). But I’m going to fill my day with things to do and stay distracted. Remember the urges pass, we just have to ride them out and they do go away 😊
Old 06-18-2018, 03:25 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

24 more hours for me❤️No matter what
Old 06-18-2018, 03:46 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

As the wise say at SR- when you feel tempted to drink, have cravings..play the tape forward peoples. What will be the consequences the day after? What happened last time? Do I want a hangover, the crap involved with secretive hiding, the urge to drink even more to get rid of the hangover, the money lost, plus the shame, built, the effects on others???
Support to all.
Old 06-18-2018, 04:01 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. 1800 in northern Illinois.

Day 21

Please, another 24

Free
Old 06-18-2018, 04:18 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Snufkin View Post
Day 3 almost completed. Manning the stalls at Uni was uneventful, but we had some good sales over the weekend...

I'm going to a meeting now, but after I'm done I think I'm gonna call it a day and go to bed early... I'm exhausted. My cuts are badly infected, red, swollen and painful. Hopefully antibacterial wash helps, and I won't have to go to the doctor again... I'm just really embarrassed by all this and I don't want anyone to be looking at me.

Hope you have a great day.

24 more, pretty please.
(((Snufkin))). Pain may be a sign that the antibacterial wash isn’t doing everything to combat an infection. Please don’t let it get ahead of you.
Old 06-18-2018, 04:20 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Plenny View Post
Feeling really sad and lonely today. I’m on a rollercoaster in this relationship and in my head. DJTM (my boyfriend) is not a consistent supporter or partner. Sometimes he’s there and I feel secure and supported, but he whips around pretty fast with resentment and immaturity and I’d say all in all he really doesn’t appreciate me. I don’t have any family foundation or any unconditional love in my life, no safety net when it comes down to it. So I feel it really hard when things aren’t solid. I’m so tired of explaining the most basic things about being considerate and supportive. I’m so tired. My house is a mess and I’ve turned off all the lights and I’m curled up in my wreck of a bed and listening to the rain.
((((Plenny)))). You deserve support and respect in a relationship.

Think of us as your family; we care like one.
Old 06-18-2018, 04:36 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CrossYourHeart View Post
Ya know what’s awesome? This is awesome: I’m completely overwhelmed and stressed out at work, depressed over the state of the world, sick of just about every person I can think of with the exception of my closest family, have completely lost interest in the things I used to love (i.e. sports!); I’m in a completely negative state of mind, and yet... I don’t have the urge to drink. I don’t want that nasty, thick-headed feeling of being drunk, and certainly not that terrible hangover that will follow. I need a clear head in order to work through this mental mess and find a way out the other side. It’s crazy; the old me would have just gotten even drunker tonight than usual, as if that would make things better.
YES....that is awesome..... ♥♥♥
Old 06-18-2018, 04:38 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Love....best advice I ever got from a friend in the rooms:

KEEP YOUR HEAD WHERE YOUR HANDS ARE

Seriously....literally keep making sure you are in the moment....next week is a long way off, yesterday is gone, now is good....yes??? Now is really good. ♥♥
Old 06-18-2018, 04:38 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
One day at a time YCDT2. You can do this. Tell it to bugger off. It does go away, even if only temporarily. The AV bugged me like crazy yesterday but today (so far) it’s quiet... It’s only 8.15am but that’s never stopped it before. I’d often drink first thing in the morning if I had a day off (I’m off work at the moment). But I’m going to fill my day with things to do and stay distracted. Remember the urges pass, we just have to ride them out and they do go away 😊
Yep. Like that. ♥♥
Old 06-18-2018, 04:42 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Another insane week, so definitely in for another sober 24 at 18:43..

Peace y'all..
Old 06-18-2018, 05:02 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

This is a list of everyone who posted their commitment to stay sober in the last
24 hours: 8 pm EDT ~ 7.59 pm EDT.

It is awesome to have every single one of you here with us!

1newcreation
abcowboy
Alysheba
aussieblue
Awake61
Babs1234
badgerden
bandicoot2
BarbieKen
BrandNewDay11
Bubovski
Canadian Koala
CeeFarro
ChloeRose63
Citrus
Coldfusion
cornpone
county111111
CrossYourHeart
Daisybelle
Dee74
Deedles77
Delilah1
Endoftheday
erfra7
Free2bme888
FormerBeerLover
Gabe1980
gatorman
Gilmer
Goat
goodbyeevan
goose333
Hats
Hevyn
Jack16
joandmelandhan
jsm273
julietUK
Kaneda8888
kenton
Kris47
least
lilymaz
Lostmyoffswitch
lyddie
Mags1
Marcutah1
Neoo
Nic233
nmd
Optimist4ever57
PhoenixJ
Pinky1
Plenny
Quincy
quitter62
Rainman1
Rar
RedBerryJuniper
Rowlands1
Saskia
SaturatedSeize
Snufkin
soberista
SoberLeigh
stargazer016
Stubbs16
Sunflower79
Sunflowerlife
Sweetpeacan
tgirl
TheToddman
theVman31
tomls
turniptheheat
vanaprastha
venuscat
Vinificent
WaterOx
WeaverBird
WhiteLight
Willow68
wiscsober
YCDT2
Yixi
yukonm
Zanna
zeppodog

Onward together!

June 19, 2018

YCDT2 ~ 1 week!
ChloeRose63 ~ 6 months!!
shortstop81 ~ 9 months!

Old 06-18-2018, 05:03 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Goodnight guys wide awake at 1.00am brain racing
Old 06-18-2018, 05:09 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

It's all going to be alright Neoo....and no more chocolate late at night love maybe? ....it's like coffee....keeps me awake and heart racing for ages....maybe get up for a bit and watch a Netflix show.....