Old 06-23-2018, 03:24 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Administrator

no worries DaisyBelle

D
Old 06-23-2018, 05:59 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Howdy y’all
So I finally made it a week I haven’t don’t that in months and guess what it feels freaking amazing which y’all fine people already know that!!!! I can’t express how much y’all mean to me y’all are my only support and the love and support you give me means the world to me I truly appreciate it and want to thank you for that !!!
Also want to congratulate everyone on their days it give me hope!!!! One thing I have learned from SR no matter where your from our how many day 1’s or what we are going through this site gives unconditional love all the time y’all my sober family and I love y’all!!!! I truly hope every single one of you finds happiness in life and remember your worth sobriety and a happy life!!!! I feel like I’m actually living life now instead of numbing it I can’t wait to add another week with y’all!!!! With all that being said have an amazing day count your blessings instead of your mistake go out do something for yourself and enjoy the simple things we take for granted!!!! Air hugs thanks again
Old 06-23-2018, 07:46 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Well done, Nichole! Keep at this friend. It is never ever worth it to return to the Drink. And I’m speaking from a lot of experience (as I know we all are!)

Day 3 here and feeling like my ol’ self again. The good self that doesn’t wake up self loathing and beginning the mental battle of whether or not to drink tonight. Freedom. That’s what I want to live in. True freedom from addiction.

Bluesey, I’m going to continue to mock my AV and laugh at it when it rears its ugly head. (I’ll come here, too You said it all correctly. It is a liar and gives us nothing but heartache in the end.

Well, on to day 3. I am going to go for a run today, which I haven’t done in a week because of my wine hangovers. Cant wait to feel good again!

Daisy belle, Love your thought for today! So true.

Kgirl, How are you? Donny? Yes...we should do a roll call and see who’s checking in.

Have a wonderful and sober weekend!
Old 06-23-2018, 11:33 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Hi all

Nicole that's amazing well done honey, just keep taking it one day at a time. That's what I did and the time soon mounts up.!!

You too Quit. Those first few days are the hardest as we feel so awful from drinking that the only thing that relieves the awfulness is another drink and so the hamster wheel continues so there is no other option really except to soldier through until we start to come out of the fog and you are now. You don't ever have to go back again my friend.

Hey everyone else....

I just wanted to share something with you. I have just returned from India. Not a long trip only 24 hours. It was where I was 2 and a half months ago when I bought 50 xanax pills and ended uo on a 10 day bender when i got home that got me here. As I laid in my bed in the early hours of the morning I was reflecting on my previous trip and the fact that I had no idea what was lying in store for me and how grateful I was to have made it through the insanity of those 10 days and I got up and opened the curtains and there was the most beautiful sunrise appearing through the smog of the Delhi air and a luminous glow shone onto me and it just felt so beautiful and so magical and I felt the presence of something amazing, something greater than myself and I actually got down on my knees and I just prayed. I thanked God for giving me a 2nd chance and for keeping me sober the last 2 months and I prayed to keep me sober every day for the rest of my life. I just felt so full of gratitude and love and .....hope. Hope is something I never had and now I feel real hope that I can live and enjoy my life without alcohol.

I am not going to lie, sometimes I feel pissed that I can't enjoy a few social drinks, sometimes I even feel sad (?!) that I can't. But whenever I feel that way I say the Serenity Prayer. God, grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change. Well, I cannot change the fact that I am an alcoholic and I can never drink safely and for me to drink is most probably to die. The courage to change the things I can. I can change my thoughts which will change my actions which will change my life. I can be unhappy I can't drink or I can embrace my new sober life. Build my self esteem and find my new power, work my programme to get the best out of my sobriety and enjoy it. Make new sober friends and find sober hobbies and activities to do.
I never want to go back to where I was. Even if it doesn't kill me physically it will kill my soul and to live (exist) like that Is Hell on earth.
So even though I can never take another drink again EVER I will keep everything in the today only and not pick up that first drink one day at a time, NO MATTER WHAT.

Donny, Kgirl, Erratic I hope you are all doing good okay and are just busy! !

Have a great sober Saturday everyone

X X X
Old 06-23-2018, 12:51 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!

Nichole you sound amazing! I love it. Keep plugging along and things will just get better off you.

It’s my ‘relax time’ when my parents go to church every Saturday and I can nap or take a full 1/2 hour shower without anyone griping about it.

I’ve started using the mobile browser on the iPhone instead of Desktop because of all the typos in the tiny words there. But I can’t I lose functions on the mobile browser. I think my emojis work on this though. 🦄

Ok later on. TY

Viper
Old 06-23-2018, 04:21 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your week Nichole - great achievement
Have a great sober weekend everyone
D
Old 06-23-2018, 05:09 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Hi Aprils, I'm just checking in before I go to bed. I hope you've all had a good Saturday. Mine's not been anything special, but that's okay, I'll take a quiet day over a drama filled one every time. I'm posting from my kindle so hard with me. I'll have to respond to your posts individually.

Sleep well all of you.

Morning Dee.

Xxxx
Old 06-23-2018, 05:19 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Hi Nichole and a mahoosive well done on 1 week sober. 🎆🎆
You are so strong and brave, a proper warrior.
I thank you for your support too, S.R is my only means of support too, don't think I could do it without our class of April. Although my husband won't ever offer me alcohol or get me a drink, which I suppose is support in a way, he just can't bring himself to discuss my alcoholism, he thinks I'm weak and doesn't understand why I have a problem.
Old 06-23-2018, 05:26 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Quitnow4 View Post
Well done, Nichole! Keep at this friend. It is never ever worth it to return to the Drink. And I’m speaking from a lot of experience (as I know we all are!)

Day 3 here and feeling like my ol’ self again. The good self that doesn’t wake up self loathing and beginning the mental battle of whether or not to drink tonight. Freedom. That’s what I want to live in. True freedom from addiction.

Bluesey, I’m going to continue to mock my AV and laugh at it when it rears its ugly head. (I’ll come here, too You said it all correctly. It is a liar and gives us nothing but heartache in the end.

Well, on to day 3. I am going to go for a run today, which I haven’t done in a week because of my wine hangovers. Cant wait to feel good again!

Daisy belle, Love your thought for today! So true.

Kgirl, How are you? Donny? Yes...we should do a roll call and see who’s checking in.

Have a wonderful and sober weekend!
Kudos on day 3 Quit, day 3 was the hardest for me, I think once you've got day 3_out the way, it gets a little easier by the day and that awful self loathing gradually faced away.
Hope you enjoyed your run, exercise is good stress relief. Take care. Xx
Old 06-23-2018, 05:32 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by snitch View Post
Hi all

Nicole that's amazing well done honey, just keep taking it one day at a time. That's what I did and the time soon mounts up.!!

You too Quit. Those first few days are the hardest as we feel so awful from drinking that the only thing that relieves the awfulness is another drink and so the hamster wheel continues so there is no other option really except to soldier through until we start to come out of the fog and you are now. You don't ever have to go back again my friend.

Hey everyone else....

I just wanted to share something with you. I have just returned from India. Not a long trip only 24 hours. It was where I was 2 and a half months ago when I bought 50 xanax pills and ended uo on a 10 day bender when i got home that got me here. As I laid in my bed in the early hours of the morning I was reflecting on my previous trip and the fact that I had no idea what was lying in store for me and how grateful I was to have made it through the insanity of those 10 days and I got up and opened the curtains and there was the most beautiful sunrise appearing through the smog of the Delhi air and a luminous glow shone onto me and it just felt so beautiful and so magical and I felt the presence of something amazing, something greater than myself and I actually got down on my knees and I just prayed. I thanked God for giving me a 2nd chance and for keeping me sober the last 2 months and I prayed to keep me sober every day for the rest of my life. I just felt so full of gratitude and love and .....hope. Hope is something I never had and now I feel real hope that I can live and enjoy my life without alcohol.

I am not going to lie, sometimes I feel pissed that I can't enjoy a few social drinks, sometimes I even feel sad (?!) that I can't. But whenever I feel that way I say the Serenity Prayer. God, grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change. Well, I cannot change the fact that I am an alcoholic and I can never drink safely and for me to drink is most probably to die. The courage to change the things I can. I can change my thoughts which will change my actions which will change my life. I can be unhappy I can't drink or I can embrace my new sober life. Build my self esteem and find my new power, work my programme to get the best out of my sobriety and enjoy it. Make new sober friends and find sober hobbies and activities to do.
I never want to go back to where I was. Even if it doesn't kill me physically it will kill my soul and to live (exist) like that Is Hell on earth.
So even though I can never take another drink again EVER I will keep everything in the today only and not pick up that first drink one day at a time, NO MATTER WHAT.

Donny, Kgirl, Erratic I hope you are all doing good okay and are just busy! !

Have a great sober Saturday everyone

X X X
Suze, thank you for sharing that very moving and inspirational post. You've come such a long way in that 2.5 months, no going back now.
I love the serenity prayer, it has so much meaning. Xxx
Old 06-23-2018, 05:34 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Viperidae View Post
Hi everyone!

Nichole you sound amazing! I love it. Keep plugging along and things will just get better off you.

It’s my ‘relax time’ when my parents go to church every Saturday and I can nap or take a full 1/2 hour shower without anyone griping about it.

I’ve started using the mobile browser on the iPhone instead of Desktop because of all the typos in the tiny words there. But I can’t I lose functions on the mobile browser. I think my emojis work on this though. 🦄

Ok later on. TY

Viper
It's always good to have some time for yourself Viper. We need it sometimes.
Your should are definitely working, love the Unicorn.
Old 06-23-2018, 06:48 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Hi Peeps,
I am still here and ok😊 I haven’t read back but will catch up tomorrow and post. I have been very busy and yes drinking. Golfing with friends and I love that, and it’s so hard to say no after 4 holes of laughing and being happy. Struggling separating the 2 but I am on here, somewhat sober and going to sleep. I am learning and trying. Mum, hope you weren’t worried and will catch up tomorrow, promise 💜
Old 06-23-2018, 07:46 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can learn to play golf be happy and not drink, Donny I promise. The laughter and fun is in the situation and the company , not the beverages

D
Old 06-23-2018, 07:48 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Hi folks. Saturday was fine. I was tired and napped out for an hour, at least. It’s gloomy. New England.

Ate some food and watched The Mountain Between us with Kate Winslet. She was reason enough to watch the film 😍. It was pretty good. New on HBO.

I’m going to bed. Thanks everyone !!!!

Viper
Old 06-23-2018, 10:33 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

HI everyon,

I'm sorry I have not been on. I have been drinking...unfortunately....im so disgusted with myself. My husband is upset and my daughter is not speaking to me.
I'm sitting here typing to you guys in the middle of the night bc I can't sleep...ugh...I hate that I did this to myself..again.
I want to stay with you guys if I can....I just don't want to start in another class.
Today will be brutal. I am hosting a bbq for my sons friends. I have so much to do and now can't sleep....
I'm restarting my counter.

Thanks for listening xo
Old 06-23-2018, 10:51 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Administrator

I''m sorry you drank lovehoops but it's good you're back

D
Old 06-23-2018, 11:42 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Good morning Aprils

Hope you're all well and enjoying the weekend, it's gorgeous sunny morning here, we're doing well with the weather ( hope I'm not speaking too soon). I made the mistake of telling my g.son that we would take him to the beach today, so he's been up since 6 a.m raring to go. The nearest beach to us is 35 miles away, so it's not on the doorstep, but 6 am is still a little early. I've done a picnic for us all and I'm looking forward to the day.

So glad to see you've posted Donny, I was worried about you. I'm happy you enjoyed the golf but sorry to hear you've been drinking and wondering what plans you have to stop. I promise you, you can still have a good time and a good laugh without alcohol being involved. Social interaction is huge. We all need that human connection. I too struggled with how I was going to loosen up without alcohol. It had been my only way for so long that I wasn’t sure I could do it alcohol free. I made two commitments to myself – first that I was going to be present for my friends and second is that I leave when its time. It can be done. Look forward to catching up with you more later.

Hi Viper, your post really made me smile this morning. I read it that you were actually watching a movie with Kate Winslet, rubbing shoulders with the rich and famous, lol. Lucky you eh?

Aww Lovehoops I'm so glad you've posted but so sorry that you've been drinking, I know how bad you feel and how disappointed you are in yourself, it's an awful feeling. Today is a new day so learn from what's happened, draw a line under it and move on, don't ever give up, keep on trying until you get it right. I know too well how your husband and daughter feel and all I know is that actions speak louder than words, just keep on working hard at staying sober and give them time to see that and to realise that you mean it. Be kind to yourself, keep posting and please stay with us.

That's it for now Aprils, be good and stay sober.

Thought for today........ Relax. Breathe. It takes time, but there is great joy to be had in moments of every day. Just remember, You're learning new steps, a new dance. xxxx
Old 06-24-2018, 01:10 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Morn all, sry haven't really posted, just in a quiet space just now since grandson went back down with daughter. I am still fighting the drink which when was again down with daughter and up here i managed 2 wks off the drink, so i am pleased with that. Dont think i will manage to go down in july but we have planned hub and me to go early august if he books his hols. This time the dogs will have to come with us, but hey ho.

Really good to see you all posting still, i am around once a day i guess and keeping an eye on u all, just in a very very quiet mood. Congrats to everyone for there continued fight with the drink, you are all great xxx
Old 06-24-2018, 02:14 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Thank you daisy...I feel terrible both inside and out...
This sux
Old 06-24-2018, 06:22 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Hi all

Am at my parents and it is chaos here what with the kids and the football being on so have just come upstairs to take a bit of quiet time to say my prayers and read through the AA daily readings thread and post here.

Lovehoops and Donny. ..I hope you are both feeling okay. Every time we drink or at least every time I drank once a I knew I had a problem it just reiterated to me how **** it was even when drinking for "happy" or "social" reasons. No matter how hard my day gets or how uncomfortable I may feel, putting a drink on top of everything will only make things worse. The (very) temporary relief I would get from a drink is not worth the hours, days, of feeling awful afterwards.

I have just read this on the AA 12 step support thread and even if you aren't AA I feel this will resonate with all of us here.

A.A. Thought For The Day

Alcohol is our weakness. We suffer from mental conflicts
from which we look for escape by drowning our problems in
drink. We try through drink to push away from the realities
of life. But alcohol does not feed, alcohol does not build,
it only borrows from the future and it ultimately destroys.
We try to drown our feelings in order to escape life's
realities, little realizing or caring that in continued
drinking we are only multiplying our problems. Have I got
control over my unstable emotions?

Wow. That was me 100%. I hope this may help someone else today.it had helped me.

Off back to the madness now. My sis in law went out drinking last night and she feels and looks (sorry sis in law!) like crap. I am so glad I don't feel that way today.

Hi everyone else!!!

Kgirl? ??