Notices

Class of June 2018 Part 1

Old 06-10-2018, 02:43 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Snufkin, don’t listen to the AV, it’s a lying trickster trying to get you to drink, play the tape forward to the hangover you’ll have if you give in to it... I had some really rough days feeling terrible, anxious, depressed etc especially in the first 2 weeks. They are slowly balancing out now the last week, I’m still having mood swings but they’re less extreme thankfully. I’m hoping that they just keep getting less intense the longer I’m sober....

Well done Pinky, calmself waterfountain, purpinks, profD, bumblebee and redcardid and anybody else I forgot to mention celebrating another day sober! 😊
Old 06-10-2018, 02:56 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!

It will be 2 weeks for me tomorrow evening. Longest I've gone since 2014.

Reading this forum has really got me through the last few days, especially this weekend, which is usually reserved for heavier binging.

This is the first time I've made the decision to stop. Finally realised there's no "happy medium" for me!

Hope you all have a good week.

C
Old 06-10-2018, 03:18 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Welcome Cams! Great job on two weeks
Old 06-10-2018, 03:22 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Thanks Purplrks3647!

It really is the strangest thing...

6 months ago I couldn't imagine going 2 days, let alone 2 weeks.

Had to hit rock bottom first !

C
Old 06-10-2018, 04:50 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Hey all! I'll read and catch up later, but just want to check in and report another sober day.
Old 06-10-2018, 04:57 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Hi all. Still figuring out this site and just found this thread! On day 9 here. Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 06-10-2018, 05:04 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Hey folks! A calm, quiet day here. Church, chill time, ice cream cone and just living in the moment!! 3 days coming to a close and feeling grateful for them with little thought of drinking. I know it always going to be there but thankful it’s been relatively quiet today!! Busy week ahead but have a plan to get to a meeting tomorrow and that’s as far as the plan goes for now... the next 24. Hope you all are victorious for today!
Old 06-10-2018, 05:05 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ProfessorD View Post
Hey all! I'll read and catch up later, but just want to check in and report another sober day.
Great work prof D! 🙌🏻
Old 06-10-2018, 05:36 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry Lgrhe.

welcome Camsmiz

Congrats on your milestones willow bumblebee calmself camsmiz ProfD and pinky minion YCDT - and anyone I missed.

How'd your weekend go Purps?

I'm sorry its a rough day Snuf - but you got through

D
Old 06-10-2018, 06:10 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Just want to thank you all for helping me stay sober this weekend!!!

Old 06-10-2018, 06:21 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  
Administrator

Nice work Purps

D
Old 06-10-2018, 07:38 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Whoops - my math was off& oopsy! My llast drop was the evening of the 2nd. So I'm actually only 8 days in returning to this lifestyle of not poisoning myself daily and actually participating in life, rather than numbing myself to avoid feelings that come from, well, living.

I now feel a heartening reverence for peaceful times in life that I couldn't have without the experience of facing and dealing with harsh/unpleasant/stressful/etc thesaurus words for bad" instead of avoiding them by altering my consciousness w/booze. I hope I respond appropriately (and don't just straight up faint) if something unexpectedly good comes along, lol.

Here's to a good end-of-spring week coming up! *raises tiny green tea ice cream-filled mochi in a "cheers" gesture to the group* I can't wait to be celebrating the Summer Solstice (21st) sober this year the various groups of friends that throw bonfire parties for the longest night of the year each have folks that prefer to remain sober (or are ay least sober cabs), which is lucky

But, that's days away still so, meanwhile, gotta live in the now and start the first minutes of my day 9 off right with some ice cold coca cola to wash doen my Japanese desert.

Ja ne!
Old 06-10-2018, 09:20 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats anyway waterfountain

D
Old 06-10-2018, 09:34 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Successful end to Day 22. No AV anywhere in vicinity. Ran 2.5 miles , half of what i usually run - kind of feeling tired today. After coming home, realized I am feeling feverish with a bit of sore throat. Had Nyquil, hope I will be alright. Good night folks!
Old 06-11-2018, 05:57 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Morning, everyone! I am so happy to be sober today. Wouldn't have a drink, even if I could. Life is good.

Let's make it an awesome week!
Old 06-11-2018, 06:10 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Good morning, beginning of day 8 for me.

Woke early and ran 2.25. Calmself... I wish I could run double that. I used to have the time and motivation. Do you do races? Run outside or treadmill?

I had a busy and great weekend. Hubby was off, and no alcohol. AV was whispering while I was grocery shopping yesterday by myself (huge trigger.) But I stayed strong.

Plans to do laundry and house work today. AND no overeating. I’ve really need to try to stop binging on sweets. My oldest daughter has dance this evening. It will be a nice sober day.

Enjoy your day everyone, you deserve it!
Old 06-11-2018, 06:19 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Glad to have made it through the weekend and now on day 9. It's been a while since I've attended a meeting so I've been thinking about going to one. I logged back into the SMART forums as well, for a little extra support....I have one of their workbooks somewhere; I should find it and dust it off
Old 06-11-2018, 07:06 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Ohayo fellow June-ipers! (I don't know why I wanted to make up a nickname for the forum today; I get the feeling I've been subconsciously using it, just never including it in a post)

Today is my Sunday, so I'll be out getting groceries for the week. I understand the shopping alone trigger so I'm glad to see it mentioned (now I feel less weird saying so). Given that, I think I'll ask my mom to join me since she's been supportive ever since I first admitted I had a drinking problem back in '09. Besides, I'll be house-sitting for her (used to be pet sitting in the past, but she lost all 3 of her kitties in this last year) starting this Friday the 15th, all alone, for a whole week while she's on her annual duty of house/pet sitting for her sister hours away from here.
You guys will be seeing a lot of me among the forums that week

Any suggestions for what to get at the store to be ready for that week of isolation?

Ja ne for now; I just hit 12 hours into my day 9 and no AV, anxiety, etc. Yay!
Old 06-11-2018, 07:48 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Excited to say I celebrate 2 weeks today. Feels so good to say that ! So many great days of sobriety posted here, congrats everyone!

I have the privilege of presenting a dear friend of mine his medallion for 36 years of sobriety on Wednesday. He helped me with getting me sober in 2010, which I was sober till 2016, he does not know about my relapses, just that I am sober now. I don't know if I'll share it with him, but I do know I will cherish his journey, and try to find the words as I present it to him this week.

In return, I want to honor him and the privilege he has bestowed upon me by staying the course, being sober, and have that feeling of sobriety again. It is a gift. Why we fight it or given into it, is mind boggling, but it is a disease of the brain. Lets keep it remission fellow peeps!
Old 06-11-2018, 08:47 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

day 6 completed

wow - today was rough (it's not all kittens and sunshine)

slept badly with horror dreams (spider attacks) - woke up sweating loads of stinking rain pouring off me - very badly dehydrated with a killer headache - vomited cleaning my teeth, then wretched for about 10 minutes - was dizzy and almost blacking out for a long while

totally hideous physical withdraw (my entire body hurt - guts knotted, throat closing up so I could hardly swallow) - came close to drinking to stop the suffering

anyway - did not drink - but surprised it was so bad at day 6

(I was drinking about 3 litres of 20% moonshine a day when I quit - 60 units of alcohol - about 2.5 bottles of vodka)

well done if you made it another day - I really do know how hard it can be :-)