View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 07:38 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  
waterfountain

Whoops - my math was off& oopsy! My llast drop was the evening of the 2nd. So I'm actually only 8 days in returning to this lifestyle of not poisoning myself daily and actually participating in life, rather than numbing myself to avoid feelings that come from, well, living.

I now feel a heartening reverence for peaceful times in life that I couldn't have without the experience of facing and dealing with harsh/unpleasant/stressful/etc thesaurus words for bad" instead of avoiding them by altering my consciousness w/booze. I hope I respond appropriately (and don't just straight up faint) if something unexpectedly good comes along, lol.

Here's to a good end-of-spring week coming up! *raises tiny green tea ice cream-filled mochi in a "cheers" gesture to the group* I can't wait to be celebrating the Summer Solstice (21st) sober this year the various groups of friends that throw bonfire parties for the longest night of the year each have folks that prefer to remain sober (or are ay least sober cabs), which is lucky

But, that's days away still so, meanwhile, gotta live in the now and start the first minutes of my day 9 off right with some ice cold coca cola to wash doen my Japanese desert.

Ja ne!